Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78830
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Mar 2019, 4:39pm

Flex wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 4:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 4:09pm
Has your winter been snowier than normal?
above average Oct/Nov/Dec, then average Jan/Feb, but early March has been massive. We got hammered last weekend and we have a series of successive storms that are coming in one after the other until around the 14th. We're at 131% of our average snowpack for this time of season.
As someone who doesn't ski, ugh.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Flex » 07 Mar 2019, 10:48pm

Just finished 6+ hours of shoveling (and that's WITH a snowblower)!
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8926
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater » 07 Mar 2019, 11:16pm

Flex wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:48pm
Just finished 6+ hours of shoveling (and that's WITH a snowblower)!
Tell me you have brown liquor handy.
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7402
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by revbob » 08 Mar 2019, 6:47am

Flex wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:48pm
Just finished 6+ hours of shoveling (and that's WITH a snowblower)!
Sounds like you're doing it wrong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78830
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Mar 2019, 7:33am

Flex wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:48pm
Just finished 6+ hours of shoveling (and that's WITH a snowblower)!
I feel for you. It gets worse with age. We all need to move in with Wally.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Flex » 08 Mar 2019, 8:14am

revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 6:47am
Flex wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:48pm
Just finished 6+ hours of shoveling (and that's WITH a snowblower)!
Sounds like you're doing it wrong.
Well, I had to shovel off our deck, which can't accommodate a snowblower (it comes off the second story of our house and the snow piles from it now go over my head), and the snow piles on the sides of our driveway are bigger than the arc of the blower in most spots so it makes finding places to blow the snow tricky.

I also had to break up some snow piles from the town plows that shoved chunks of snow into our driveway that created snow piles larger than the blower could handle.

I can't really remember a storm cycle here like this. It's like a Tahoe storm.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7402
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by revbob » 08 Mar 2019, 8:47am

Flex wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:14am
revbob wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 6:47am
Flex wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:48pm
Just finished 6+ hours of shoveling (and that's WITH a snowblower)!
Sounds like you're doing it wrong.
Well, I had to shovel off our deck, which can't accommodate a snowblower (it comes off the second story of our house and the snow piles from it now go over my head), and the snow piles on the sides of our driveway are bigger than the arc of the blower in most spots so it makes finding places to blow the snow tricky.

I also had to break up some snow piles from the town plows that shoved chunks of snow into our driveway that created snow piles larger than the blower could handle.

I can't really remember a storm cycle here like this. It's like a Tahoe storm.
Yeah that sucks. I can recall before I had a snowblower at my old place on a corner. The snow on each side of the driveway was taller than me and having to redistribute some of them more into the yard because I couldn't throw all the shit high/far enough.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Flex » 09 Mar 2019, 4:45pm

Another foot of snow. I've now fucked up my shoulder shoveling. Anyways, here's the results of the front driveway:
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78830
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Mar 2019, 4:57pm

My paranoia would be roof-raking that snow off your garage. But I always think roofs are going to collapse. :twitch:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by Flex » 09 Mar 2019, 5:11pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 4:57pm
My paranoia would be roof-raking that snow off your garage. But I always think roofs are going to collapse. :twitch:
yeah, i might have to borrow a roof rake. it's so damned rare that it's actually needed around here. we actually get good sun and it's supposed to be warm for a few days so i'm hoping that it'll just melt off if I do nothing.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7402
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Beaner's and Rattie's Weather Porn Thread

Post by revbob » 09 Mar 2019, 5:25pm

I bought a roof rake one year when it got really bad. Went walking on the ice again. Here's a picture towards town.
Attachments
20190307_171826.jpg

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests