movies

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: movies

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 6:21am
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 6:06am
And it was because of that, woke liberals took away our razor blade frisbees.
Hey Doc...nice ass.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 6:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Hey Doc...nice ass.
I've been re-watching Flintstones of late, both enjoying the comedy and being appalled by a lot of racist stereotypes. Because I love to point these things out, we are as far away from the first season of the Flintstones as the first season was from 1896.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 7:17am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Hey Doc...nice ass.
I've been re-watching Flintstones of late, both enjoying the comedy and being appalled by a lot of racist stereotypes. Because I love to point these things out, we are as far away from the first season of the Flintstones as the first season was from 1896.
I really don't recall much of that show. I didn't like most of the characters.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 8:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Hey Doc...nice ass.
I'm enjoying it largely as a historical piece that draws on its world, as mild satire.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 8:25am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Hey Doc...nice ass.
I'm enjoying it largely as a historical piece that draws on its world, as mild satire.
I cant recall the racist stuff but as a kid I wouldn't have been too aware

ohsoso
Dirty Punk

Post by ohsoso »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Hey Doc...nice ass.
...and our bazookas too. :cry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 8:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Hey Doc...nice ass.
First season has Wilma and Betty taking judo lessons from a Japanese teacher. It's cringing stuff, and all used for "humourous" effect. There's also a later season episode that I recall—actually I think it had been pulled from syndication even in the 80s—where they visit a ranch and besieged by war-whooping savages.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 11:19am
revbob wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 8:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

First season has Wilma and Betty taking judo lessons from a Japanese teacher. It's cringing stuff, and all used for "humourous" effect. There's also a later season episode that I recall—actually I think it had been pulled from syndication even in the 80s—where they visit a ranch and besieged by war-whooping savages.
Yeah that tracks

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Hey Doc...nice ass.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Deadly Games (1982) A quirky woman returns to her small town home after the murder of her sister and falls for a married cop, while the murders continue. Steve Railsback is a chain-smoking asthmatic Vet who plays a homemade monster-inspired board game and shows old horror movies after hours in the theater where he works as a projectionist. With Dick Butkus for absolutely no reason, and a running gag with a lady who can’t stop eating. Some sex, low on blood. There’s a reason this slasher isn’t well remembered. (ARROW)

The Devil with Seven Faces (1973) Jewel thieves target the identical twin sister of the woman who ran off with the prize. More of a crime thriller than a giallo, and despite the presence of Carroll Baker and George Hilton, I imagine I'll have mostly forgotten this one in a few days. (AmPrime rental)

Vengeance is Mine (1967) A bounty hunter goes after his own brother, who set him up for a 10 year prison stint. They reluctantly team up against outlaws when a gold treasure is involved. Giallo master Sergio Martino has a writing credit. (ARROW)

Slaughter Hotel aka Asylum Erotica aka La bestia uccide a sangue freddo (1971) The horny inhabitants of a mental institution are being killed by a masked assailant with archaic weapons. With Klaus Kinski, Rosalba Neri, Margaret Lee and very long and graphic sex scenes! (DVD)

The Loreley's Grasp (1973) The legend of a Siren who turns into a lizard under the full moon and rips the hearts out of young maidens appears to be true. Has a cool modern-yet-period piece feel, like some of the old Universals did. There's a horse & carriage, but there's also a motorcycle. With Helga Liné, Silvia Tortosa & loaded with beauties and gore, this could be Amando de Ossorio's best, including Blind Dead movies. Eurosleaze fans don’t miss it. (TUBI)

When the Gods Fall Asleep (1972) Picking up right where End of Man leaves off, Coffin Joe's alter ego, Finis Hominis, walks the earth and and explains right from wrong to a bunch of angry people. (Blu-ray)

Basket Case 3 (1991) Granny Ruth takes the gang to Georgia so Eve can give birth to 12-tuplets but hick sheriffs kidnap them so they can collect a tabloid reward for the Time Square Killer Twins Duane and Belial. Got it? Good. Don't miss the wild FX segment at the cops station (TUBI)
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

ohsoso
Dirty Punk

Post by ohsoso »

Basket Case 3 (1991) Granny Ruth takes the gang to Georgia so Eve can give birth to 12-tuplets but hick sheriffs kidnap them so they can collect a tabloid reward for the Time Square Killer Twins Duane and Belial. Got it? Good. Don't miss the wild FX segment at the cops station (TUBI)
i still got a lock of hair i got from terri susan smith in the attic i believe. met her at a screening of basket case in stockholm a couple of years ago. feel kind of bad about it in retrospect. she had some distance to the first movie and was very polite.
and as always tep - i really enjoy your reviews.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

ohsoso wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 5:40pm
i still got a lock of hair i got from terri susan smith in the attic i believe. met her at a screening of basket case in stockholm a couple of years ago. feel kind of bad about it in retrospect. she had some distance to the first movie and was very polite.
Siskel and Ebert got nothing on Tep.

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

revbob wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 9:16pm
ohsoso wrote:
Hello,

The Basket Case (1) soundtrack was written by Gus Russo, who used to play tennis and hang around at a tennis club I worked at in upstate New York - my claim to slasher movie fame. I need to watch Basket Case someday.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

gkbill wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 11:03pm
revbob wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 9:16pm
ohsoso wrote:
Hello,

The Basket Case (1) soundtrack was written by Gus Russo, who used to play tennis and hang around at a tennis club I worked at in upstate New York - my claim to slasher movie fame. I need to watch Basket Case someday.
This is excellent new IMCT Deep Lore.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

ohsoso wrote:
That's great, but how did you end with her hair? :mrgreen:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak