The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 6:59pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 5:50pm
A Trip Report:

I'm inside Logan Terminal B awaiting my flight to Oakland. There is a Wahlburgers in this terminal. :angry:

What is the worst thing I can do in the next 90 minutes to deface Marky Hatecrime without getting caught? You have 1 hour to give suggestions.

Go!
Time's up. Guys, I am disappoint. I was fully willing to go pretty low for the cause. :naughty:
You should have done the obvious and went in there intent on killing your liver.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 10:19pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 6:59pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
A Trip Report:

I'm inside Logan Terminal B awaiting my flight to Oakland. There is a Wahlburgers in this terminal. :angry:

What is the worst thing I can do in the next 90 minutes to deface Marky Hatecrime without getting caught? You have 1 hour to give suggestions.

Go!
Time's up. Guys, I am disappoint. I was fully willing to go pretty low for the cause. :naughty:
You should have done the obvious and went in there intent on killing your liver.
I have nearly a week for that once this plane lands. Getting Shitforbergs shut down by the health department with planted evidence was a one-time perk!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 7:04pm
Kory wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 6:31pm
matedog wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 10:21am
Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 7:47pm
I got news for you: Paris is awful
What were the issues for you? I've only had good experiences there.
I just found it to be horrifically inefficient, so much so that most of my vacation time was built around waiting. For the limited time I had, it was stressful.
Waiting for what?
Definitely not the subway. That was a godsend there. Of course I have low American standards for mass transit.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
A Trip Report:

Go!
Don’t worry, we don’t deify that Southie trash out here. We have third rate rappers like E-40 and Mistah FAB to deify instead.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 10:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:
Kory wrote:
30 Jul 2018, 7:47pm
I got news for you: Paris is awful
I just found it to be horrifically inefficient, so much so that most of my vacation time was built around waiting. For the limited time I had, it was stressful.
Waiting for what?
Yeah! I don’t do museums or attractions. To me Paris is walking, drinking, walking, eating, and more drinking.
Yep that is the attraction of Paris. Endless amount of cafes to sit back and admire at the sights from afar and watch the rest of world queuing to go up the Eiffel Tower.

BostonBeaneater

101Walterton wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 11:18pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 10:00pm
101Walterton wrote:
Kory wrote:
matedog wrote:

Waiting for what?
Yeah! I don’t do museums or attractions. To me Paris is walking, drinking, walking, eating, and more drinking.
Yep that is the attraction of Paris. Endless amount of cafes to sit back and admire at the sights from afar and watch the rest of world queuing to go up the Eiffel Tower.
This:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:
01 Aug 2018, 10:43pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
A Trip Report:

Go!
Don’t worry, we don’t deify that Southie trash out here. We have third rate rappers like E-40 and Mistah FAB to deify instead.
Aren't all your club DJ's techbro CEO's by day?

Aside: JetBlue serving Dunkies for coffee onboard is not only a pleasant surprise, but by deferring my withdrawal by several hours it has most certainly lowered the body count for this trip.

BostonBeaneater

Rat Patrol wrote:
02 Aug 2018, 12:10am

Aside: JetBlue serving Dunkies for coffee onboard is not only a pleasant surprise, but by deferring my withdrawal by several hours it has most certainly lowered the body count for this trip.
The clutch move is to sweet talk the stewardess into giving you two Baileys nips for the price of one. You take those nips and dump em in your coffee.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Rat Patrol wrote:
A Trip Report:

Go!
Be a minority or gay? That's all I've got.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, this has been an eventful trip home. I lasted all of four hours on the first evening of the reunion. Controlling and bossy sisters produced first irriatation in me and then, shortly after I went to bed, a genuine anxiety attack about spending any more time with them. We left the next morning, got my flight bumped up a day (the Boss had to stay in Sask another week anyway). But I'm actually feeling really good now. Took about 12 hours for me to get myself more under control, but I know that that's the last family event I'm ever attending. I'm good with everyone there, more or less, one on one, but as a collectivity, I'm done with them forever. A genuine wave of relief washed over me once I realized that. I know I should have done it years ago, because I knew that my family would always produced anxiety in me, but I stupidly gave it another shot. In the long run, this was money well spent.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 1:34pm
Well, this has been an eventful trip home. I lasted all of four hours on the first evening of the reunion. Controlling and bossy sisters produced first irriatation in me and then, shortly after I went to bed, a genuine anxiety attack about spending any more time with them. We left the next morning, got my flight bumped up a day (the Boss had to stay in Sask another week anyway). But I'm actually feeling really good now. Took about 12 hours for me to get myself more under control, but I know that that's the last family event I'm ever attending. I'm good with everyone there, more or less, one on one, but as a collectivity, I'm done with them forever. A genuine wave of relief washed over me once I realized that. I know I should have done it years ago, because I knew that my family would always produced anxiety in me, but I stupidly gave it another shot. In the long run, this was money well spent.
Sorry to hear of the time you had, happy to hear of where it'll take you.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Come on down to Boston. I’ll have you running for a midnight bus back to Canuckistan.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 2:49pm
Come on down to Boston. I’ll have you running for a midnight bus back to Canuckistan.
I'm in Justinburg now, luxuriating in my own filth, ready to watch Sox-Yankees. However (and I was going to send you a PM about this), the Boss has a conference at either Brown or URI at the end of October. I might tag along and see if you, me, revbob, and maybe even the reclusive Ratty might get together.

(Just weighed myself to see what a week without exercise and dubious eating has done. I lost 5 lbs. Stress and no booze—I went dry this week except for one night of many ryes with a friend to counter the lack of exercise—is the new Atkins!)
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 7:59pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
05 Aug 2018, 2:49pm
I'm in Justinburg now, luxuriating in my own filth, ready to watch Sox-Yankees. However (and I was going to send you a PM about this), the Boss has a conference at either Brown or URI at the end of October. I might tag along and see if you, me, revbob, and maybe even the reclusive Ratty might get together.

(Just weighed myself to see what a week without exercise and dubious eating has done. I lost 5 lbs. Stress and no booze—I went dry this week except for one night of many ryes with a friend to counter the lack of exercise—is the new Atkins!)
I’ll be around.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
That's so stressful. I'm glad that it turned out for the best, though. Family can be the most anxiety inducing thing in the world.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy