The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Re: The IMCT Travel/Suggestions Thread

Post by Purple Hayes »

Case turned up 24 hours late, I'm going to request the airline upgrades me on trip home, it's the least the incompetent buggers could do.....

Heard that the UK is snowed in, haven't seen a flake in Scranton which is unusual for this time of the year
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Purple Hayes wrote:Case turned up 24 hours late, I'm going to request the airline upgrades me on trip home, it's the least the incompetent buggers could do.....
No, the least they can do is flag you for a flashlight up the rectum and a trip to a windowless interrogation cell. The War on Terror means passengers are less than cattle …
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:Heard that the UK is snowed in, haven't seen a flake in Scranton which is unusual for this time of the year
The North East escaped the snow yesterday, which makes a change. Sunderland's match was one of only two which never got postponed, allowing us to move within four points of Chelsea. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:Heard that the UK is snowed in, haven't seen a flake in Scranton which is unusual for this time of the year
The North East escaped the snow yesterday, which makes a change. Sunderland's match was one of only two which never got postponed, allowing us to move within four points of Chelsea. ;)
With a little help from your friends ;)

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Well well, let's see what happens at the end of the season, eh?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Heston wrote:
Well well, let's see what happens at the end of the season, eh?
Catch 22 isn't it. If Wellbeck does the business he's off, if he's crap you sign him :huh:

Heston

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:if he's crap you sign him :huh:
Why change the habits of a lifetime, eh? ;)

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Got home yesterday afternoon and am pleased to report that both me and my suitcase survived O'Hare this time, still had a 3 hour flight delay though so O'Hare still fuckin' sucks.
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Purple Hayes wrote:Got home yesterday afternoon and am pleased to report that both me and my suitcase survived O'Hare this time, still had a 3 hour flight delay though so O'Hare still fuckin' sucks.
Midway was a breeze both ways. But the Ft. Lauderdale airport drove me to tossing my belt knife faster than Heston and Hoy recording a duet of "We Built This City."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

I am the chaosbringer everytime I leave a country I leave behind chaos, in this case 5 inches in the UK and fuckin' 6ft of it in the USA :mrgreen:

Will be back in the States in March for Paddys Day, you have been warned :mrgreen:

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

101Walterton wrote:Are you taking the cruise over ?
Last time I travelled from NZ to UK I left on my NZ passport but when I got to Heathrow I used my UK passport to avoid having to queue etc..caused much alarm as apparently I was still in the UK from my last visit and Mr 101Walterton was lost in airspace- just shows Big Brother is watching.
Weren't watching me, I arrived back and used my UK passport with no problems to gain entry, how could I arrive back having never left according to any data they keep?

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Wolter wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:Got home yesterday afternoon and am pleased to report that both me and my suitcase survived O'Hare this time, still had a 3 hour flight delay though so O'Hare still fuckin' sucks.
Midway was a breeze both ways. But the Ft. Lauderdale airport drove me to tossing my belt knife faster than Heston and Hoy recording a duet of "We Built This City."
I really do loath flying, the fuckin' souless Airport Terminals, the non-smoking economy cattle pen that transports you, the food that is barely fit for human consumption, the miserable non-stop wailing baby that always catches the same flights as me, the fuckers who block the aisles by continually getting shit from their overhead, I could go on and on :(

There surely has to be a better way? Oh yeah I forgot, there is, it's called being rich enough for 1st or Business class :angry:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Purple Hayes wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I really do loath flying, the fuckin' souless Airport Terminals, the non-smoking economy cattle pen that transports you, the food that is barely fit for human consumption, the miserable non-stop wailing baby that always catches the same flights as me, the fuckers who block the aisles by continually getting shit from their overhead, I could go on and on :(

There surely has to be a better way? Oh yeah I forgot, there is, it's called being rich enough for 1st or Business class :angry:
Business class is so damn sweet.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

9 across in the Mirror crossword this morning....

Chicago airport formerly called Orchard Field (5).

I was stuck for a moment, then I remembered your unfortunate trip. It was O' fucking Hare! Thanks for the help mate.

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Post by Purple Hayes »

Heston wrote:
9 across in the Mirror crossword this morning....

Chicago airport formerly called Orchard Field (5).

I was stuck for a moment, then I remembered your unfortunate trip. It was O' fucking Hare! Thanks for the help mate.
Glad to be of help mate, happy that my O'Hare trials and tribulations had an upside :mrgreen: