Today I learned …

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Today I learned …

Post by 101Walterton »

Talking of 9/11 I knew my brother lost friends / work colleagues in the attack however I did not know he had been working in the tower Monday to Thursday on 53rd floor and his last work day was 9/9!!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 8:01pm
Talking of 9/11 I knew my brother lost friends / work colleagues in the attack however I did not know he had been working in the tower Monday to Thursday on 53rd floor and his last work day was 9/9!!
Wow. Lucky or blessed, that's the grateful road not taken.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 8:17pm
101Walterton wrote:
He was working for Giuliani but the company he was working with was basically wiped out and no longer existed. I guess there must have been a few of those stories.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 8:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
He was working for Giuliani but the company he was working with was basically wiped out and no longer existed. I guess there must have been a few of those stories.
I few years ago I learned that a good friend of mine went out drinking hard on 9/10 and got off the subway at 9:30 AM very late to work. He’s quite sure he would have been killed otherwise.

BostonBeaneater

BostonBeaneater wrote:
14 Nov 2018, 11:29pm
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I few years ago I learned that a good friend of mine went out drinking hard on 9/10 and got off the subway at 9:30 AM very late to work. He’s quite sure he would have been killed otherwise.
He has devoted his life to having a good time.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
I have some friends who have a framed picture of themselves on the top of the tower. It is one of those official tourist ones with time date stamp etc.. it is dated 9/11/00

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Seth Macfarlane had a similar experience. Late night drinking, slept late, and missed his flight by minutes. He rebooked for a couple hours later and was waiting in the airport when his original plane hit the WTC.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
My cousin was on the 30th floor of one of the towers and was thankfully able to get out safely. I childhood friend was on flight 11 and obviously did not.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Donny Osmond isn't dead. I would have bet Olaf's left flute that he died of, like, pneumonia a couple years ago.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Nov 2018, 8:26pm
… Donny Osmond isn't dead. I would have bet Olaf's left flute that he died of, like, pneumonia a couple years ago.
Some reason this made me chuckle.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
David Cassidy is dead though.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 8:24am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
David Cassidy is dead though.
Yeah, that's likely who I was thinking of.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Alive and well!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

… Jimmy "Hen-reee! … Henry Aldrich" Lydon is still alive at 95. Pre-cable (back in the 70s) on Saturday mornings, after cartoons, our CTV station would play either Abbott and Costello movies or Henry Aldrich movies.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Feb 2019, 8:42am
… Jimmy "Hen-reee! … Henry Aldrich" Lydon is still alive at 95. Pre-cable (back in the 70s) on Saturday mornings, after cartoons, our CTV station would play either Abbott and Costello movies or Henry Aldrich movies.
I love the Aldrich Family radio show, although Ezra Stone played Henry. Anyway...