NCAA Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: NCAA Football Thread

Post by tepista »

So Paterno is now dominating Bobby Bowden in vacated wins, 111-12.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:Well, never one to miss an opportunity, I posted an article about it in my local patch:

http://crevecoeur.patch.com/blog_posts/ ... xual-abuse

Well put Jenny! I understand the fears of parents and the need to protect their children from those who would cause them harm. Here's an open question from a childless thirty something...

I am a heterosexual man who only has desires for women reasonablely close to myself in age. I love both sports and kids and would find it rewarding to teach or coach in either the arts or athletics. Why would I dare do this in this day in age? I barely acknowledge children aside from a few close relatives. I am afraid to be friendly lest I become suspicious. One time I asked a 5-6 year old boy how his ice cream cone was and his mother whisked him away from the immediate area while giving me demon eyes. I guess my point is, how can we protect kids from predators (who I am convinced are a tiny portion of the general populous) and avoid turning into an insular and paranoid society?
I know, it's really tough. Unfortunately, I think we've passed the point of no return. We have a whole section in our professional training about how to avoid being accused of anything unseemly. Things like for early childhood educators, not being in a bathroom alone with them. For camp counselors, same thing. Though the thing with the mother was stupid -- I would understand if you had approached him when he was alone, that would have been different. Also, I still think people believe this is a stranger danger issue, when VERY rarely it is. I would have no hesitation becoming a coach. Just use your head and don't put yourself in any situations that would give anyone ammunition to point fingers at you. Does all of that make sense?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Flex wrote:Great article, Mrs. B.
Thanks, Flex. My next article will be on how to protect robots from anal probes.
Got a Rake? Sure!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:Well, never one to miss an opportunity, I posted an article about it in my local patch:

Well put Jenny! I understand the fears of parents and the need to protect their children from those who would cause them harm. Here's an open question from a childless thirty something...

I am a heterosexual man who only has desires for women reasonablely close to myself in age. I love both sports and kids and would find it rewarding to teach or coach in either the arts or athletics. Why would I dare do this in this day in age? I barely acknowledge children aside from a few close relatives. I am afraid to be friendly lest I become suspicious. One time I asked a 5-6 year old boy how his ice cream cone was and his mother whisked him away from the immediate area while giving me demon eyes. I guess my point is, how can we protect kids from predators (who I am convinced are a tiny portion of the general populous) and avoid turning into an insular and paranoid society?
I know, it's really tough. Unfortunately, I think we've passed the point of no return. We have a whole section in our professional training about how to avoid being accused of anything unseemly. Things like for early childhood educators, not being in a bathroom alone with them. For camp counselors, same thing. Though the thing with the mother was stupid -- I would understand if you had approached him when he was alone, that would have been different. Also, I still think people believe this is a stranger danger issue, when VERY rarely it is. I would have no hesitation becoming a coach. Just use your head and don't put yourself in any situations that would give anyone ammunition to point fingers at you. Does all of that make sense?
It makes total sense. It's just a total bummer to worry about these sorts of things when I know I am not a threat. It makes for a less than comfortable community. I wonder if it is all self-propagating.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
JennyB wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

It makes total sense. It's just a total bummer to worry about these sorts of things when I know I am not a threat. It makes for a less than comfortable community. I wonder if it is all self-propagating.
It's tough to say.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

For the reasons that BBE raises, I would never advise a guy to go into education (i.e., elementary and secondary). It only takes one accusation to fuck up a person's life for good, whether out of misperceived expressions of caring from the teacher or malice on the part of the student. It encourages purposeful disinterest by teachers.

(None of which, I should make clear, is to detract from genuine examples of child abuse, only the unintended consequences of social media and a culture that easily rushes to judgement.)
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:I am a heterosexual man who only has desires for women reasonablely close to myself in age. I love both sports and kids and would find it rewarding to teach or coach in either the arts or athletics. Why would I dare do this in this day in age? I barely acknowledge children aside from a few close relatives. I am afraid to be friendly lest I become suspicious. One time I asked a 5-6 year old boy how his ice cream cone was and his mother whisked him away from the immediate area while giving me demon eyes. I guess my point is, how can we protect kids from predators (who I am convinced are a tiny portion of the general populous) and avoid turning into an insular and paranoid society?
Just don't be flying Qantas by yourself.
http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-inc ... 243t4.html
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I called dibs on "Manti Te'o's Dead Girlfriend" as my pick'em pool next year
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Does one go with the football player joke or the West Virginia joke?

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ask Wolter. He's from there, right?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Actually, no. WV was smart enough to secede from Virginia to stay with the Union. Though that consigns their native barbecue to most inferior indeed on account of no Gen. Sherman to show them the ropes. :shifty:

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Actually, no. WV was smart enough to secede from Virginia to stay with the Union. Though that consigns their native barbecue to most inferior indeed on account of no Gen. Sherman to show them the ropes. :shifty:
Also, isn't Hoy essentially from Virginia, West Virginias's embarrassed older brother?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A West Virginia joke I remember from my time in NC: What's the definition of foreplay in West Virginia? Get in the truck, bitch.