The Blame Canada Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20521
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by matedog » 17 Nov 2010, 1:54pm

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Inder wrote:This is madness.
No. Madness are talented Limeys. You guys have Nickleback.
No matter what the contractor advises, never build your house out of glass.
[youtube][/youtube]
Sorry, but the fact that we gave to the world the Ramones negates anything like this.
o/\o

(Highfive)
Not to mention rock and jazz and hip hop in general. Canadians did give us basketball which is kinda cool.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76377
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Nov 2010, 1:56pm

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Inder wrote:This is madness.
No. Madness are talented Limeys. You guys have Nickleback.
No matter what the contractor advises, never build your house out of glass.
[youtube][/youtube]
Sorry, but the fact that we gave to the world the Ramones negates anything like this.
Your average fellow citizen is likely to identify an REO Speedwagon song more than a Ramones song, so, no. We all put forth underappreciated artists, so if we're burdened with Nickleback, Journey et al hang from your collective necks.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50395
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Wolter » 17 Nov 2010, 1:57pm

matedog wrote:
Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote: No. Madness are talented Limeys. You guys have Nickleback.
No matter what the contractor advises, never build your house out of glass.
[youtube][/youtube]
Sorry, but the fact that we gave to the world the Ramones negates anything like this.
o/\o

(Highfive)
Not to mention rock and jazz and hip hop in general. Canadians did give us basketball which is kinda cool.
Yeah but "You : Ham as a sandwich meat :: Me : Basketball as a major sport."
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50395
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Wolter » 17 Nov 2010, 1:57pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:Your average fellow citizen is likely to identify an REO Speedwagon song more than a Ramones song, so, no. We all put forth underappreciated artists, so if we're burdened with Nickleback, Journey et al hang from your collective necks.
Keep flailing, eh.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 25992
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Flex » 17 Nov 2010, 2:03pm

I'm pretty sure Blitzkrieg Bop is pretty universally recognized. Hell, my grandmother knows it's a Ramones song and she probably hasn't listened to a new album since the Beatles US debut release.

Addendum: Actually, that's not true. She has the Tony Bennett MTV Unplugged CD.
"I live inside my own heart, Matt Damon." - Prince

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76377
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Nov 2010, 2:07pm

Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Your average fellow citizen is likely to identify an REO Speedwagon song more than a Ramones song, so, no. We all put forth underappreciated artists, so if we're burdened with Nickleback, Journey et al hang from your collective necks.
Keep flailing, eh.
Don't stop believin'.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Inder
User avatar
corecore vanguard
Posts: 8824
Joined: 14 Jun 2008, 3:28pm

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Inder » 17 Nov 2010, 2:10pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Your average fellow citizen is likely to identify an REO Speedwagon song more than a Ramones song, so, no. We all put forth underappreciated artists, so if we're burdened with Nickleback, Journey et al hang from your collective necks.
Keep flailing, eh.
Don't stop believin'.
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50395
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Wolter » 17 Nov 2010, 2:17pm

Inder wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Your average fellow citizen is likely to identify an REO Speedwagon song more than a Ramones song, so, no. We all put forth underappreciated artists, so if we're burdened with Nickleback, Journey et al hang from your collective necks.
Keep flailing, eh.
Don't stop believin'.
Image
Cute.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32695
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by tepista » 28 Dec 2010, 1:30pm

http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=884&p=1

9/15. I could be surrounded and I wouldn't know it. :meh:
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76377
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Dec 2010, 1:43pm

tepista wrote:http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=884&p=1

9/15. I could be surrounded and I wouldn't know it. :meh:
15/15, tho I only learned about Seth Rogen's status thanks to, was it JennyB?, some weeks ago.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27766
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Heston » 28 Dec 2010, 3:31pm

9/15 and I guessed them all except Nielsen.

I just pressed "Canadian" for the ones who looked like rural sex offenders.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50395
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Wolter » 28 Dec 2010, 3:40pm

Heston wrote:9/15 and I guessed them all except Nielsen.

I just pressed "Canadian" for the ones who looked like rural sex offenders.
:lol:
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 76377
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Dec 2010, 4:15pm

Heston wrote:9/15 and I guessed them all except Nielsen.

I just pressed "Canadian" for the ones who looked like rural sex offenders.
:disshame:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50395
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by Wolter » 28 Dec 2010, 4:43pm

I got 12/15 with mostly guesses. My "Eh"-dar is working well.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16689
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: The Blame Canada Thread

Post by JennyB » 28 Dec 2010, 4:53pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:http://www.mentalfloss.com/quiz/quiz.php?q=884&p=1

9/15. I could be surrounded and I wouldn't know it. :meh:
15/15, tho I only learned about Seth Rogen's status thanks to, was it JennyB?, some weeks ago.
I think that was me.

I got 15/15. I am so ashamed. :disshame:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests