The Bopst Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: The Bopst Thread

Post by tepista »

He must be 21 by now, maybe he's untarded.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:He must be 21 by now, maybe he's untarded.
I suspect there was a lot of lead in his groundwater.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

http://www.myspace.com/michaelbasterd

His Myspace page is still up. At least he smartened up enough to figure out Myspace sucks, and hasn't updated it in 3 years.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Who was MichaelT again? He was pre-crash, right?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I remember he couldn't spell, but I can't remember what the friction was.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

matedog wrote:Who was MichaelT again? He was pre-crash, right?
His brain was post-crash. The car variety.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Heston wrote:
matedog wrote:Who was MichaelT again? He was pre-crash, right?
His brain was post-crash. The car variety.
HIYO!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

tepista wrote:I remember he couldn't spell, but I can't remember what the friction was.
He was belligerently illiterate.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
tepista wrote:I remember he couldn't spell, but I can't remember what the friction was.
Damn it, I want the archive back!
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
I could have handled that, but he was belligerent about everything else too.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:He was belligerently illiterate.
Bingo. I might disagree on the "belligerent" part...I think people were a little unduly harsh. But there was so much high-school stoner "it's cool and nonconformist to be dumb" in his posts that they were a real ordeal to sit through. He was nowhere near as hopelessly retarded as he came across, but he played up the barely-literate dolt act persistently as low self-esteem high schoolers are wont to do for their own escapism. I kind of felt bad for him because he would've been much better-respected if he acted like himself...there were a few posts here and there where he dropped the pretense for a moment and showed some genuine thoughtfulness and basic C+ articulation skills. It just never lasted because next post would be more grammatical involuntary brainstem spasming. At least that's the sort of habit kids very usually outgrow.

He's nowhere near the same league as SalsburySteak. That fucker's still got a KILLvan with his name on it for being the world's most annoying, condescending gnat. And he gets no forgiveness for being a dumbshit 16-year-old because that was clearly his default personality. I have no doubt if he ever showed his face here again 6+ years later out of whatever grad-student freeloading he's doing now that Inder's computer would melt from everyone simultaneously clicking the "Ignore" button.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Rat Patrol wrote:Bingo. I might disagree on the "belligerent" part...I think people were a little unduly harsh. But there was so much high-school stoner "it's cool and nonconformist to be dumb" in his posts that they were a real ordeal to sit through. He was nowhere near as hopelessly retarded as he came across, but he played up the barely-literate dolt act persistently as low self-esteem high schoolers are wont to do for their own escapism. I kind of felt bad for him because he would've been much better-respected if he acted like himself...there were a few posts here and there where he dropped the pretense for a moment and showed some genuine thoughtfulness and basic C+ articulation skills. It just never lasted because next post would be more grammatical involuntary brainstem spasming. At least that's the sort of habit kids very usually outgrow.
I think the "dumb is cool" shtick would have come off as more tolerable if he hadn't acted like a raging prick, demanding people upload Clash albums and whatnot for him. He really started rubbing me the wrong way in the Sound of the Sinner subforum more than anything else.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
Wolter wrote:He was belligerently illiterate.
Bingo. I might disagree on the "belligerent" part...I think people were a little unduly harsh. But there was so much high-school stoner "it's cool and nonconformist to be dumb" in his posts that they were a real ordeal to sit through. He was nowhere near as hopelessly retarded as he came across, but he played up the barely-literate dolt act persistently as low self-esteem high schoolers are wont to do for their own escapism. I kind of felt bad for him because he would've been much better-respected if he acted like himself...there were a few posts here and there where he dropped the pretense for a moment and showed some genuine thoughtfulness and basic C+ articulation skills. It just never lasted because next post would be more grammatical involuntary brainstem spasming. At least that's the sort of habit kids very usually outgrow..

Yeah, when I say belligerently illiterate, I mean that he was so pround of how dumb he sounded. Caring about how you communicate apparently isn't punk-rock enough.

And what Flex said. He sure asked for a lot, considering he contributed nothing.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inder wrote: Itºs an English newspaper,,,
Oh, fuck me, but I just roared with laughter.

oi mate thats teh painful burning pisstake!11
Innocent till proven guilty. By putting it in quotes they aren't saying she did bite off his testicles, which could leave them open to being sued if found to be untrue.
As opposed to using clear language, employing words like "allegedly" or "said to have" or some variation.
Because it is a newspaper headline and that would obviously not have the same impact. I thought you were the writer here!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

101Walterton wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote: Oh, fuck me, but I just roared with laughter.

oi mate thats teh painful burning pisstake!11
Innocent till proven guilty. By putting it in quotes they aren't saying she did bite off his testicles, which could leave them open to being sued if found to be untrue.
As opposed to using clear language, employing words like "allegedly" or "said to have" or some variation.
Because it is a newspaper headline and that would obviously not have the same impact. I thought you were the writer here!
President Obama 'Murders His Wife'