...The trumpet sounded and the fifth seal was opened...

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: ...The trumpet sounded and the fifth seal was opened...

Post by gkbill »

Mimi wrote:
12 May 2023, 1:11pm
JennyB wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:59am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 11:09am
JennyB wrote:
12 May 2023, 10:54am
I was at an event last night to support this awesome summer camp for LGBTQ+ kids (mainly trans) and I ran into one of VH, Jr.'s preschool teachers. So I am now having an existential crisis.

(If you are interested in learning about the summer camp, click here: http://www.campindigopoint.org/
This is tangentially related, but my punk course has always attracted a number of queer kids (using that as an umbrella term). And during discussions around violence against queer people—physical and symbolic—I've pushed back a little by saying that, growing up in the 1980s, to see the kind of recognition of gender and sexual diversity and fluidity by huge numbers of straights (or, apparently the cool kids call us cis-hets) now is dizzying. It's not to belittle the challenges and the horrible abuses, especially by state actors, that they face today but the achievements are notable and shouldn't be minimized. Canada's had same-sex marriage for about 20 years, and now it's only the obvious bigots who talk about it. I'm still amazed by that cultural shift. So a camp like that being a thing is amazing to see.
It's unfortunately gotten really bad for queer kids in red states, especially trans kids. Missouri just passed two bills - one that would ban gender affirming care for minors (and believe me, they aren't going to stop with minors) and one banning trans kids from playing on sports teams as the gender in which they identify. For some reason, these legislators think that kids are having gender reassignment surgeries, when, really, the most they are getting is puberty blockers (which cis kids also use and are reversable). Gender affirming care for little kids is literally just buying clothes aligning with their gender and/or cutting/growing their hair. They are also using "groomer" rhetoric as a slur against the parents. It's so infuriating and sad. One of the dads who is in Jeff City a lot to testify (and is a friend of mine and dad at VH, Jr.'s school) said that his trans son is not being bullied by his peers, family or school, but is being bullied by his state legislature. These people think they know better than the American Medical Association and the NCAA on these issues. So while the achievements are definitely notable and nobody makes AIDS jokes/says the F word anymore, it's still really, really bad. And it's not just old people, unfortunately. In the MO legislature, one of the most egregious bigots is like 25. Just look at this asshole: https://www.house.mo.gov/MemberDetails. ... strict=056
He looks like a mormon missionary.
Hello,

I hesitate to make judgements on physical appearances but he looks like someone hoping to be a career politician because all the good sales jobs were taken.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

gkbill wrote:
12 May 2023, 2:05pm
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Just look at this asshole: https://www.house.mo.gov/MemberDetails. ... strict=056
Hello,

I hesitate to make judgements on physical appearances but he looks like someone hoping to be a career politician because all the good sales jobs were taken.
That guy has figurative skeletons in his closet and literal skeletons buried in his basement.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 May 2023, 2:26pm
gkbill wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Just look at this asshole: https://www.house.mo.gov/MemberDetails. ... strict=056
Hello,

That guy has figurative skeletons in his closet and literal skeletons buried in his basement.
Hiding all kinds of shit

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
12 May 2023, 6:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Mimi wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Hello,

Hiding all kinds of shit
He is honestly the worst rep in the legislature. He's not a loudmouth and he tends to stay under the radar, which makes him more dangerous. This is why I hate it when people are like "oh, it's just going to take the boomers dying off for things to get better."
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

JennyB wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:41am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Hello,

Hiding all kinds of shit
He is honestly the worst rep in the legislature. He's not a loudmouth and he tends to stay under the radar, which makes him more dangerous. This is why I hate it when people are like "oh, it's just going to take the boomers dying off for things to get better."
Looks like he's doing his part to be a good MAGA:

HB 692 - (1730H.01I)
Removes the prohibition against convicted felons running for public office

HB 695 - (0981H.01I)
Modifies the offense of stealing

HB 224 - (0987H.01I) - Boyd, Mazzie
Designates the official state rifle

HB 712 - (1240H.02I) - Boyd, Mazzie
Establishes the Anti-Red Flag Gun Seizure Act
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Sparky wrote:
13 May 2023, 1:13pm
JennyB wrote:
13 May 2023, 11:41am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
gkbill wrote:

Hello,

Hiding all kinds of shit
Looks like he's doing his part to be a good MAGA:

HB 692 - (1730H.01I)
Removes the prohibition against convicted felons running for public office

HB 695 - (0981H.01I)
Modifies the offense of stealing

HB 224 - (0987H.01I) - Boyd, Mazzie
Designates the official state rifle

HB 712 - (1240H.02I) - Boyd, Mazzie
Establishes the Anti-Red Flag Gun Seizure Act
They love their guns here.
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

6YO told me last night that she thinks that Daddy Was a Bankrobber guy is more handsome than I'm On Fire guy. I guess that's okay?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
27 Mar 2024, 7:01pm
6YO told me last night that she thinks that Daddy Was a Bankrobber guy is more handsome than I'm On Fire guy. I guess that's okay?
Yes. She is on the right path.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
Well, yeah.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
\m/

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

matedog wrote:
Well you must be doing something right, that's a "proud parent" moment right there.
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog

Post by matedog »

I mean, Bruce is a good looking guy. I prefer brooding skinny 1978 Bruce over hunky beefcake 1985 Born in the USA Bruce myself, but it's nice to have the option.

I'll make sure June doesn't see in pre-1981 teeth photo of Joe. Also, if you are going to for Clash members, why not legit smokeshow Paul? Again, mouth closed.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 11:54am
I mean, Bruce is a good looking guy. I prefer brooding skinny 1978 Bruce over hunky beefcake 1985 Born in the USA Bruce myself, but it's nice to have the option.

I'll make sure June doesn't see in pre-1981 teeth photo of Joe. Also, if you are going to for Clash members, why not legit smokeshow Paul? Again, mouth closed.
Wait until she finds out that Topper is the one who has aged the best out of all surviving members.
Got a Rake? Sure!

matedog

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 12:02pm
matedog wrote:
28 Mar 2024, 11:54am

Wait until she finds out that Topper is the one who has aged the best out of all surviving members.
Topper is the relative GILF of the band.