Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: Currently watching.

Post by tepista »

Even though I watched GLOW when it was on, I don't remember most of the characters. There was a Farmer's Daughter, a brianiac, Spanish Red. There's an actual doc on NF too, that should refresh my memory.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 12:46pm
Even though I watched GLOW when it was on, I don't remember most of the characters. There was a Farmer's Daughter, a brianiac, Spanish Red. There's an actual doc on NF too, that should refresh my memory.
We watched the doc the other night - very well done.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

daredevil wrote:
06 Jul 2017, 10:35am
I've been watching Sons of Anarchy on the Audience channel (a friend kept telling me how great the series is) and imo the first 3 or 4 seasons were really good.
Its gradually gone downhill from there. I think the final season seven episode airs this Tuesday.
Things got interesting when Jax finds out all his actions were based on a lie from someone close to him. I actually didn't think he was ever going to know the truth.
Two episodes to go. I already know the end, since it was all over the internet a few years ago.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The second season intro and theme for AfterMASH is as 80s sitcom as you could imagine.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 3:55pm

The second season intro and theme for AfterMASH is as 80s sitcom as you could imagine.
So Klinger is still a cross dresser?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 6:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Jul 2017, 3:55pm

So Klinger is still a cross dresser?
That only happened in the short second season—evidence that the show was going nowhere so they were retreating into past glories. Klinger was on the run from the law, so he wore the dress again to hide while staying close to home. Then he was caught and sentenced to the psychiatric ward, which he played up by, yup, wearing all kinds of wacky costumes. All in all, the series was astonishingly bad.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've been re-watching Arrested Development from the beginning—spoiler: it holds up really well—and this bit keeps playing in my brain.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Is anyone watching the Preacher?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 10:33am
Preacher? I've never even met her!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 11:09am
revbob wrote:
15 Aug 2017, 10:33am
Preacher? I've never even met her!
If you're inclined to watching shows on the television I certainly recommend it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I've been watching random episodes of Taxi of late. He's basicallly a noble savage character, but Jim is one of my favourite televison characters. So deeply flawed and damaged but at core a sensitive and good human being.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Aug 2017, 6:19pm
I've been watching random episodes of Taxi of late. He's basicallly a noble savage character, but Jim is one of my favourite televison characters. So deeply flawed and damaged but at core a sensitive and good human being.
Additionally, how weird is it that Danny Divito basically looks the same today?

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Just got finished bingeing the Defenders on Netflix. Aside from Finn Jones still being a weak spot, the rest of the show is fantastic. Well worth a watch if you've enjoyed everything else Marvel has had up on Netflix.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Boddington wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 5:03pm
Just got finished bingeing the Defenders on Netflix. Aside from Finn Jones still being a weak spot, the rest of the show is fantastic. Well worth a watch if you've enjoyed everything else Marvel has had up on Netflix.
I've still not attempted to watch Iron Fist and I'm no comic need so I know nothing of this stuff. Will that interfere with my enjoyment of the Defenders?

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

revbob wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 5:15pm
Boddington wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 5:03pm
I've still not attempted to watch Iron Fist and I'm no comic need so I know nothing of this stuff. Will that interfere with my enjoyment of the Defenders?
Nah, you can just read a summary and skip having to slog through Iron Fist. Just understanding the basic plot points from it is fine, you just need to know about the Hand, and a lot of that you can pick up from Daredevil.