Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority »

Wolter wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 9:56am
Silent Majority wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 4:38am
Finished my first watch through of Rick and Morty and then started again at episode one. First time I've ever done that.
Has there ever been a better show with worse fans?
Makes me laugh so hard.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 10:33am
Silent Majority wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 4:38am
Finished my first watch through of Rick and Morty and then started again at episode one. First time I've ever done that.
We get it, you're a super genius.
So long as you get it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 9:33am
101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 6:04am
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Apr 2018, 2:29am
101Walterton wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 3:12pm
Ok squad I need some advise. I finally got Netflix so (from what I have read) I have a few years of great TV to catch up on!!
My first 2 choices of season2 Fargo and The Americans unfortunately aren’t on there so to keep MrsW happy we started with Suits.
I haven’t seen Mad Men, Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders, The Crown etc etc
Can I have recommendations please.
Season 2 of Fargo is on there mate as I'm watching it.
Do we get the same thing?
Good point mate. I'm not really sure if all areas get the same. Maybe it will come to you shortly.
Yes I don’t think we do. Fargo season 1 is there but not 2 😞 It was the first thing I wanted to watch.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Fauda is excellent. I also vote for Mad Men and Fargo when it comes on.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The last couple days, I watched a new documentary on Netflix, Bobby Kennedy for President. There are hints here and there of something good, but it seeks to cover a bit too much and so ends up being rather superficial. The contradiction between his actions as attorney general, authorizing the bugging of civil rights leaders, and his gradual embrace of the politics of protest and of being driven by one's moral compass goes unexamined; his responsibility as an architect of the Vietnam War in JFK's administration and his turn against the war, yet dancing to avoid blame gets almost no treatment (especially strange given how much Vietnam pushed him to run in '68); and his concern about poverty and malnutrition, especially amongst Native Americans, gets covered only to the degree that he was bothered by it. And the final part of the documentary is about a conspiracy theory in his assassination. The overall effect is that I'm not sure what this was about, what the viewer should come away thinking.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 8:02am
The last couple days, I watched a new documentary on Netflix, Bobby Kennedy for President. There are hints here and there of something good, but it seeks to cover a bit too much and so ends up being rather superficial. The contradiction between his actions as attorney general, authorizing the bugging of civil rights leaders, and his gradual embrace of the politics of protest and of being driven by one's moral compass goes unexamined; his responsibility as an architect of the Vietnam War in JFK's administration and his turn against the war, yet dancing to avoid blame gets almost no treatment (especially strange given how much Vietnam pushed him to run in '68); and his concern about poverty and malnutrition, especially amongst Native Americans, gets covered only to the degree that he was bothered by it. And the final part of the documentary is about a conspiracy theory in his assassination. The overall effect is that I'm not sure what this was about, what the viewer should come away thinking.
I haven't seen it but yeah seems lile a lot of ground to cover in just one installment. As a kid I remember watching this:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:04am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I haven't seen it but yeah seems lile a lot of ground to cover in just one installment.
Whoops—I should have mentioned that it's four one-hour episodes. Part 1 goes up to Dallas, 2 up to the end of 1967, 3 covers the brief '68 primary run and his death, and 4 is the assassination conspiracy and some people coming back to the scene.
As a kid I remember watching this:
Holy crap that looks hilaribad. Like something SCTV would have done.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:24am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I haven't seen it but yeah seems lile a lot of ground to cover in just one installment.
Whoops—I should have mentioned that it's four one-hour episodes. Part 1 goes up to Dallas, 2 up to the end of 1967, 3 covers the brief '68 primary run and his death, and 4 is the assassination conspiracy and some people coming back to the scene.
I only remember it thru the eyes of a teenager and found it entertaining for that time. An all star cast including Ernest Borgnine as J Edgar Hoover.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

101Walterton wrote:
Ok squad I need some advise. I finally got Netflix so (from what I have read) I have a few years of great TV to catch up on!!
My first 2 choices of season2 Fargo and The Americans unfortunately aren’t on there so to keep MrsW happy we started with Suits.
I'm three seasons into Breaking Bad and absolutely loving it.

My other favourite series was Dexter. Although it tailed off towards the end the first four or five seasons were fantastic.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 11:03am
101Walterton wrote:

My other favourite series was Dexter. Although it tailed off towards the end the first four or five seasons were fantastic.
I thought BB was excellent. Never watched Dexter though.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 11:11am
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

If you're ever stuck for something to watch, give it a go. The first four seasons are tremendous, especially seasons 2 and 3. John Lithgow is great in it, a real bad ass.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 1:33pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

If you're ever stuck for something to watch, give it a go. The first four seasons are tremendous, especially seasons 2 and 3. John Lithgow is great in it, a real bad ass.
Dexter was great until the final season for me. Somewhat rushed. Breaking Bad was great start to finish.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
I only remember it thru the eyes of a teenager and found it entertaining for that time. An all star cast including Ernest Borgnine as J Edgar Hoover.
Yup, that's pure SCTV. I couldn't find a clip online, but maybe in the final season they did a great sci-fi parody with Short and Flaherty as Simon and Garfunkel and Levy as Borgnine.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Heston wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 1:33pm
revbob wrote:
Heston wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

Its one of those shows I'm pretty sure my wife wouldn't like is one of the main reasons. I couldn't sleep one night and now Im hooked on the Killing (US version).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 1:57pm
revbob wrote:
29 Apr 2018, 10:43am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yup, that's pure SCTV. I couldn't find a clip online, but maybe in the final season they did a great sci-fi parody with Short and Flaherty as Simon and Garfunkel and Levy as Borgnine.
That sounds hilarious. I remember watching this series and my father hating it because he hated both Kennedy and Hoffa.