Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Currently watching.

Post by Silent Majority »

Flex wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:36pm
Silent Majority wrote:
After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
you should develop some pro wrestling opinions now
My opinion is that in five years, all the wrestlers I could name will be dead or on death row.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Silent Majority wrote:
After falling in love with Rick & Morty last year, I've filled out my 29 year old male bingo card by really getting into Bojack Horseman.
Great show, pretty dark at times.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 3:38pm
Flex wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:
you should develop some pro wrestling opinions now
My opinion is that in five years, all the wrestlers I could name will be dead or on death row.
I like these shows too and have no opinions. At all.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The Boss and I are completely caught up on You're the Worst. Highly recommended. It's superb cringe comedy involving awful people, but it also seamlessly moves into darker aspects that drive those characters. Clinical depression, family alienation, PTSD, and fear of commitment are all handled really well (familiarly well—I kept on saying to B that the stuff about depression and family alienation was like they were writing with me in mind).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Just finished binging all eight episodes of Russian Doll on Netflix. It's fantastic. It's so weird. It utilizes Harry Nilsson in the best way possible. It's loaded with dark humor. It is VERY Jewish. The whole looper thing is not a new concept, but it's done in such a fresh and interesting way that it seems new. Natasha Lyonne's acting is top notch. The music is incredible. Highly recommend.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

JennyB wrote:
15 Dec 2017, 1:02pm
Just finished Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon - HIGHLY recommended.
I'm just starting season two. LOVE this show. Making Lenny Bruce a character was genius and the cast is uniformly dynamite.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:46pm
Just finished binging all eight episodes of Russian Doll on Netflix. It's fantastic. It's so weird. It utilizes Harry Nilsson in the best way possible. It's loaded with dark humor. It is VERY Jewish. The whole looper thing is not a new concept, but it's done in such a fresh and interesting way that it seems new. Natasha Lyonne's acting is top notch. The music is incredible. Highly recommend.
yeah, that was fucking great
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Feb 2019, 3:37pm
The Boss and I are completely caught up on You're the Worst. Highly recommended. It's superb cringe comedy involving awful people, but it also seamlessly moves into darker aspects that drive those characters. Clinical depression, family alienation, PTSD, and fear of commitment are all handled really well (familiarly well—I kept on saying to B that the stuff about depression and family alienation was like they were writing with me in mind).
we like that too.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

FX ran a marathon this weekend of Better Things, which I'd heard of but never watched. I ended up getting sucked in and watched almost all the first two seasons. Really dry dramedy about a single mother (Bobby Hill) actress raising three daughters. That blend of every success as a parent matched with a seeming failure. Solid show for middle-aged, feeling-like-failures and parents of regular shitty teenagers.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Can anyone recommend a good Netflix series to watch?
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 12:57am
The missus away working and I usually have a series on the go she doesn’t watch (Fargo, Handmaids Tale, Hannibal) but I finished them. Ideally one that doesn’t have many series as I can’t face starting something that is never ending!!!
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Low Down Low wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 5:45am
101Walterton wrote:
Narcos? Downside it does have a few (3) series but upside is it’s very very compelling. Then there’s narcos mexico which I’m just about to start any day now, but i seriously doubt it will match the first one.
On the list. Just watched The Ted Bundy Tapes, that was compelling viewing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
Altered Carbon, Bojack Horseman, Ozark, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Punisher

Low Down Low
Unknown Immortal

Post by Low Down Low »

101Walterton wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 6:31am
Low Down Low wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Have heard good things about that so might get around to it. On a more lighter note i thoroughly enjoy Cuckoo which has the excellent Greg Davies in it and looking forward to Ricky Gervais new series. Know a lot of people don’t like him but anyone with the Office, Extras and Derek on their cv will always be on the watch list for me.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yeah I watched that one, creepy fucker.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 10:15am
101Walterton wrote:
Low Down Low wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Yeah I watched that one, creepy fucker.
Yes I thought I knew about him but I didn’t know half the story.