Currently watching.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Currently watching.

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 4:53pm
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
Did you watch the Letterman Netflix shows?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:26am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Decided to check out Norm Macdonald's Netflix show, catching the ones with David Spade and David Letterman. Ehh, it's okay, tho it really hit home how familiar and comfortable/comforting listening to David Letterman is. I watched him regularly in the 80s, but lost interest in the 90s—not in him, but the format, I suppose. But there's just something good hearing DL be mildly curmudgeonly. Mind you, it's still jarring seeing him as a really old man.

Each episode ends with a nostalgic nod to Canadian entertainment, with Norm and his sidekick doing the closing tune that Wayne and Shuster did at the end of their specials.
No. Any good?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 9:48am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No. Any good?
Yes. But his beard is distracting.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No. Any good?
I was just as struck by his thin white top, too. Sure, he's in his 70s, but, I dunno, it's like we didn't get an intermediate period. He was Dave and then he quit and emerged as a guy who'd been living in a cave. There's no transitional fossil to explain it all.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:48am
JennyB wrote:
20 Sep 2018, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No. Any good?
I was just as struck by his thin white top, too. Sure, he's in his 70s, but, I dunno, it's like we didn't get an intermediate period. He was Dave and then he quit and emerged as a guy who'd been living in a cave. There's no transitional fossil to explain it all.
Exactly.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This is a masterpiece of sitcom writing and performance.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Oct 2018, 8:03am
Used to watch that as a kid, I still remember their radio jungle :mrgreen:

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 9:27am
I just saw Netflix has canceled Luke Cage. I've enjoyed the hell out of that show. Fuck you Netflix.
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:19pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The actor who played Less Nessman was literally my current age when the show was CANCELED.

If you had told me he was 20 years older than me when it started, I’d’ve believed you.
Holy crap. I would have guessed his age during the show was mid-50s easy.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:23pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

38 in 1978 when it started. 42 when it ended.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Wolter wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 3:23pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

38 in 1978 when it started. 42 when it ended.
Yeah that hardly seems possible, I know it's true but damn.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
Both Iron Fist and Cage now gone. Speculation is rampant that this has something to do with Disney's upcoming streaming service. I'd put money on DD and JJ getting axed shortly.
Yeah, I guess I don't quote understand it though because doesn't Netflix have the rights to still produce those shows?

I've enjoyed all of them but Iron Fist. I didn't like that character when he was in the Defenders so never bothered with IF.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 4:15pm
Kory wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 2:57pm
revbob wrote:
Yeah, I guess I don't quote understand it though because doesn't Netflix have the rights to still produce those shows?

I've enjoyed all of them but Iron Fist. I didn't like that character when he was in the Defenders so never bothered with IF.
The second season totally made up for the first and Defenders. I was looking forward to seeing where it was going to go next.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc