Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Future of the Democratic Party

Post by Dr. Medulla » 14 Mar 2019, 9:05pm

Flex wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 8:57pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 8:36pm
Well, Clinton was also an imperialist corporate liberal who managed to lose to a semi-literate fascist chimp. Rather than spin her as a victim, grant her the respect of being the incompetent monster who was a wretched enough candidate that made Trump a viable candidate.
Also, people forget she ran for president in 2008 and also lost. It's not like Chillary didn't get multiple shots to grab the brass ring.
Further to this, the DNC worked on her behalf against Sanders. She was all but handed the 2016 nomination. Citing sexism it as the catch-all explanation for Hillary's defeat and subsequent reputation is an insult to those who are targeted because they're strong women (e.g., AOC).
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob » 14 Mar 2019, 9:22pm

Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Well, Clinton was also an imperialist corporate liberal who managed to lose to a semi-literate fascist chimp. Rather than spin her as a victim, grant her the respect of being the incompetent monster who was a wretched enough candidate that made Trump a viable candidate.
Also, people forget she ran for president in 2008 and also lost. It's not like Chillary didn't get multiple shots to grab the brass ring.
And Bernie has served multiple terms in the house and Senate

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater » 14 Mar 2019, 10:53pm

revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 9:22pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have decided to not give an ounce of support to anyone born before 1965. It’s time for the boomers to sit down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Mar 2019, 6:18am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 10:53pm
revbob wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 9:22pm
Flex wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have decided to not give an ounce of support to anyone born before 1965. It’s time for the boomers to sit down.
So you're pretty much limited to Gillibrand and Beto. I mean, I fundamentally agree with you that Baby Boomers as the primary agents of digging this hole need to do their part by stopping their digging, but the options are still limited. The good news, tho, is that the young politicians are more likely to reject the consensus of the last 40 years.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

WestwayKid
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by WestwayKid » 15 Mar 2019, 12:38pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:

I LOVE this response!
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by WestwayKid » 15 Mar 2019, 12:39pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 1:48pm
JennyB wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 1:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 1:30pm
Painful dissection of whether Beto's life has been sufficiently punk: https://theslot.jezebel.com/is-beto-a-p ... 1833288379

Even tho it's clearly a fluffy piece, the whole This is Punk and That's Not Punk categorization is wincing.
It makes me feel better though that she's a woman of color. I thought it was pretty funny, but I took exception to her slam on Big Star.
Stuff like his commitment in college to body improvement not being punk—plenty of hardcore scenes emphasize strength and body purity. And punks don't like capitalism? Punks may talk a good game and genuinely loathe corporate capitalism, but, yeah, very few actually hate capitalism.
Rollins would vouch for that as would Danzig! :mrgreen:
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by WestwayKid » 15 Mar 2019, 12:40pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's also super mind blowing that people hang onto Clinton like she's some sort of lost cause hero. She isn't George McGovern or Walter Mondale. I think many Dems (myself included) are more than happy to see that entire family shuffle off stage...

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater » 18 Mar 2019, 9:07pm