Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Late stage capitalism

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 1:17pm
We’re all gonna die.

https://www.businessinsider.com/a-day-i ... ds-2018-10
Ha, that is so 100% bullshit. It missed the part about her pairing rescue dogs with orphans in the hour before she goes to bed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 1:40pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We’re all gonna die.

Ha, that is so 100% bullshit. It missed the part about her pairing rescue dogs with orphans in the hour before she goes to bed.
I thought her boyfriend looked like Sean Lennon if he had been raised by Steve Jobs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 2:54pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We’re all gonna die.

I thought her boyfriend looked like Sean Lennon if he had been raised by Steve Jobs.
What we will later learn in a follow-up profile is that she's also serial killer into Huey Lewis and Phil Collins.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 2:59pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We’re all gonna die.

What we will later learn in a follow-up profile is that she's also serial killer into Huey Lewis and Phil Collins.
Today Mr. Medulla you won the internet. :lol:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We’re all gonna die.

Even better.

https://amp.slate.com/human-interest/20 ... ssion=true

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
20 Oct 2018, 8:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
We’re all gonna die.

Even better.

https://amp.slate.com/human-interest/20 ... ssion=true
Better? Perfect.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

I too wake up at 5:30. I make my kid breakfast and then walk the dog so she doesn't piss all over the house. Then I slam down a diet coke. I arrive at work (usually late) and enjoy a breakfast of whatever leftovers are in the office fridge. At 9:00, my boss usually comes in my office to tell me about the most recent thing I fucked up and that I am not meeting enough with potential donors (because she insists on meeting with them, but I can't say this). At 11:00 I get online and putz around on IMCT. At noon I scrounge for some more leftovers. After that I work on a grant or some shit. At 4:00, I receive dirty looks from my boss for leaving at the end of the work day and not staying later than when we close. After picking up the kid from school, we go home and he sits in front of the TV that I use for a babysitter. VH comes home and makes us dinner, which I don't usually eat because I am so full from stuffing myself with leftovers during the day. At 7:00, our next door neighbor brings his dog over to play with our dog and I get to listen to 30 minutes of non stop talk about how weed cures cancer because all he talks about is weed. I put the kid to bed and then go watch some shitty show on TV. Sleep comes either at 9:00 pm or 1:00 am.

Vulture capitalists. They're just like us.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 10:20am
I too wake up at 5:30. I make my kid breakfast and then walk the dog so she doesn't piss all over the house. Then I slam down a diet coke. I arrive at work (usually late) and enjoy a breakfast of whatever leftovers are in the office fridge. At 9:00, my boss usually comes in my office to tell me about the most recent thing I fucked up and that I am not meeting enough with potential donors (because she insists on meeting with them, but I can't say this). At 11:00 I get online and putz around on IMCT. At noon I scrounge for some more leftovers. After that I work on a grant or some shit. At 4:00, I receive dirty looks from my boss for leaving at the end of the work day and not staying later than when we close. After picking up the kid from school, we go home and he sits in front of the TV that I use for a babysitter. VH comes home and makes us dinner, which I don't usually eat because I am so full from stuffing myself with leftovers during the day. At 7:00, our next door neighbor brings his dog over to play with our dog and I get to listen to 30 minutes of non stop talk about how weed cures cancer because all he talks about is weed. I put the kid to bed and then go watch some shitty show on TV. Sleep comes either at 9:00 pm or 1:00 am.

I think you just need a better attitude, like Miss Corporate Stepford Wife.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 10:59am
JennyB wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ironically, working at a not for profit is equally as soul sucking and toxic, if not more so. I think Kory talked about this before as well.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 11:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Ironically, working at a not for profit is equally as soul sucking and toxic, if not more so. I think Kory talked about this before as well.
Teaching is the first job I've ever had where I actually give a shit. Everything else has been about being competent, but clearly about the paycheque. I've never emotionally invested myself into any other job—I know I'm disposable, so don't expect me to care about the company. That staves off some of the bitterness and boredom, at least for a year or so.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

JennyB wrote:
22 Oct 2018, 11:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Yeah, this is true of my side nonprofit job, but the day nonprofit job is actually pretty great. Most of it, of course, depends on bosses, and my company seems to do a pretty good job of hiring people with small egos.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
We’re all gonna die.

It takes her an hour to play a game of tennis? slacker.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/