Brexit what Brexit!

Politics and other such topical creams.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39367
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Mar 2019, 12:13pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:10pm
Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:01pm
rees mogg sounds like some horrible prog rock project.
Throw some umlauts over the vowels and you're a death metal band shooting your first video deep in Norway's forests.
No no no Rees Mogg is king of the softies he could never be death metal.
Image

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1588
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Low Down Low » 12 Mar 2019, 12:35pm

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:10pm
Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:01pm
rees mogg sounds like some horrible prog rock project.
Throw some umlauts over the vowels and you're a death metal band shooting your first video deep in Norway's forests.
No no no Rees Mogg is king of the softies he could never be death metal.
I remember him being asked once what his favourite pop song was and there was a 20 second pause as he tried to think of one, just one. He failed.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78830
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Mar 2019, 12:44pm

Low Down Low wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:35pm
Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:10pm
Flex wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 12:01pm
rees mogg sounds like some horrible prog rock project.
Throw some umlauts over the vowels and you're a death metal band shooting your first video deep in Norway's forests.
No no no Rees Mogg is king of the softies he could never be death metal.
I remember him being asked once what his favourite pop song was and there was a 20 second pause as he tried to think of one, just one. He failed.
101W's counting sheep right now (lord, I hope that's all he's doing to them), so I'll post this on his behalf:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Flex » 12 Mar 2019, 3:13pm

YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1588
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Low Down Low » 12 Mar 2019, 3:26pm

The DUP voting no might just be the most superfluous sentence ever uttered. They’re not subtitled the “No” party for nothing.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Flex » 12 Mar 2019, 3:33pm

he probably won't do it, since he's already pushing for Labour's Brexit plan again, but after tomorrow's no-deal vote would be an insanely good time for Corbyn to push for a second referendum.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Flex » 12 Mar 2019, 3:35pm

i can't get enough brexit content. the lib dems mostly suck but this is a huge LOL:
Sir Vince Cable, the Lib Dem leader, asks if there is any precedent since, say, the American war of independence of a PM being defeated twice, but continuing with the same policy.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Low Down Low
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1588
Joined: 21 Aug 2014, 9:08am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Low Down Low » 12 Mar 2019, 3:53pm

A no to no deal vote sounds good on paper, but I haven’t seen a good answer to the question of what then happens in the event of no deal ever being agreed. My brain is puny enough to grasp these grand notions, but isn’t no deal simply the default in such a scenario? Failing an extension - which seems pointless - or a second referendum.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39367
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Marky Dread » 12 Mar 2019, 4:09pm

She is one stubborn old bat.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78830
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Mar 2019, 4:16pm

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Mar 2019, 4:09pm
She is one stubborn old bat.
Conservatives always have spines of steel over principles that will put the rabble in their place.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78830
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Mar 2019, 7:05pm

Y'know, I'm old enough to remember when ministers would resign for even minor breaches or perceived lack of confidence. I realize that that stuff is quaint and old-fashioned now, but, man o man, in my gut I'm amazed that May hasn't flat-out resigned after losing four straight votes. Her ego or masochist fetish must be massive to not just fuck off after all this.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39367
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Marky Dread » 13 Mar 2019, 8:07pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Mar 2019, 7:05pm
Y'know, I'm old enough to remember when ministers would resign for even minor breaches or perceived lack of confidence. I realize that that stuff is quaint and old-fashioned now, but, man o man, in my gut I'm amazed that May hasn't flat-out resigned after losing four straight votes. Her ego or masochist fetish must be massive to not just fuck off after all this.
The lady is not for turning.
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Flex » 15 Mar 2019, 3:55pm

The Hard Times is creating content just for us now: https://thehardtimes.net/opinion/i-bet- ... ut-brexit/
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Red Angel
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 146
Joined: 26 Sep 2013, 11:40am

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Red Angel » 15 Mar 2019, 4:15pm

More than two and a half years after the referendum, more time is needed. Few ideas but confused. :meh:
The Future is Badly Written and it is not Clear

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26583
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Brexit what Brexit!

Post by Flex » 18 Mar 2019, 2:50pm

Incredible how badly May has misplayed her hand: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... ker-ruling
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: revbob and 4 guests