Israel prepares to invade Gaza

Politics and other such topical creams.
Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Re: Israel prepares to invade Gaza

Post by Stefano1972 »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 9:12am
The Israeli hatred of Hamas is completely understandable and the retaliation also understandable but please for fucks sake stop.

Killing one Hamas general isn't worth the sad loss of life of one innocent child.
Well said Marky!
I add, the Hamas generals do not live in Gaza but in Doha, a few kilometers from one of the largest military bases of the US army.

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 12:07pm
One of the truly awesome aspects of the internet is that if your chief concern is for civilians, especially children, it means you actually support genocide and/or colonialism.
Can you explain as I'm somewhat lost by this.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 1:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
One of the truly awesome aspects of the internet is that if your chief concern is for civilians, especially children, it means you actually support genocide and/or colonialism.
I'm being snarky about how dogmatic supporters of one side or the other shit on those who say their main concern is civilians. Ardent supporters of the Palestinian cause (with or without mention of Hamas) will tell you that if you cite Israeli civilian casualties, you're supporting Israel's colonialism and apartheid. If you emphasize civilian casualties in Gaza to the Israel's loudest supporters, it means you actually support anti-semitism and genocide against Jews.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 1:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm being snarky about how dogmatic supporters of one side or the other shit on those who say their main concern is civilians. Ardent supporters of the Palestinian cause (with or without mention of Hamas) will tell you that if you cite Israeli civilian casualties, you're supporting Israel's colonialism and apartheid. If you emphasize civilian casualties in Gaza to the Israel's loudest supporters, it means you actually support anti-semitism and genocide against Jews.
Ah gotcha mate. I can live without that sort of bullshit. I can't live in a word where human beings dont care for other human beings.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Marky Dread wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 2:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Nov 2023, 1:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Ah gotcha mate. I can live without that sort of bullshit. I can't live in a word where human beings dont care for other human beings.
Aye. Terrible that in practice that's a radical position.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

🇮🇱 JERUSALEM. THE INCREDIBLE VIOLENCE AGAINST ULTRA-ORTHODOX RABBINS WHO OPPOSE THE WAR

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

All wars evoke some sort of religious fanaticism otherwise they would never happen....if "Leaders" came out and stated we want to invade that country to steal their resources the invasion would get hardly any support at all, most people understand the difference between right and wrong and who is going to give their life for someone elses greed?...the tactic throughout history has been to override that natural morality with some sort of religion...be that the religion of "Gods" or Comunism, Facism, Patriotism, Nationalism etc.....all offer a purpose to serve a master/cause greater than yourself. At the end of the day it's always been about brainwashing the working classes to offer up their own lives in exchange for "National glory" or "Everlasting life"...the reality is most of the time you are dying so that the very select elite can have a better life....2023 and blowing up other humans you've never met is still considered to be justified, the human race is fucked. If Adults want to kill each other they should fuck off to some island and fight each other over who's flag is better or Who's God the best...just leave the kids at home with the sane to learn about how to live a fun and productive life...in peace.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Netanyahu and his extremist Mizrahi thugs have turned a beautiful country into a Sparta-like garrison state and is killing thousands of children simply to keep his ass out of prison.

What is this doing for his people? Well, the Foreign Ministry is warning Israelis to avoid ALL international travel. That means traveling ANYWHERE. They're also advising Jews EVERYWHERE to avoid wearing any clothing that might identify them as Jews.

We're only at the beginning of this. Diplomats are saying the West has already lost the Global South forever because of this. Nearly everyone under the age of 40 is on Palestine's side. Historians will look back at Netanyahu as the worst thing to happen to the Jews since Hitler.

Hezbollah and the rest are sitting back and watching Netanyahu do their work in destroying Israel's standing in the world for them. There's no coming back from this.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

In case you think I'm exaggerating. From Time Magazine, the voice of the Establishment.
Otherwise, we can take the words of that G7 diplomat as given: “We have definitely lost the battle in the Global South… Forget about rules, forget about world order. They won’t ever listen to us again.”
https://news.yahoo.com/west-losing-glob ... 59118.html

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

IkarisOne wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 11:13am
Netanyahu and his extremist Mizrahi thugs have turned a beautiful country into a Sparta-like garrison state and is killing thousands of children simply to keep his ass out of prison.

What is this doing for his people? Well, the Foreign Ministry is warning Israelis to avoid ALL international travel. That means traveling ANYWHERE. They're also advising Jews EVERYWHERE to avoid wearing any clothing that might identify them as Jews.

We're only at the beginning of this. Diplomats are saying the West has already lost the Global South forever because of this. Nearly everyone under the age of 40 is on Palestine's side. Historians will look back at Netanyahu as the worst thing to happen to the Jews since Hitler.

Hezbollah and the rest are sitting back and watching Netanyahu do their work in destroying Israel's standing in the world for them. There's no coming back from this.
Yeah, he's definitely the worst PM in Israel's history.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Letter from Gaza of the Doctor Mads Gilbert, nine years ago.

Dearest friends,

The last night was extreme. The “ground invasion” of Gaza resulted in scores and carloads with maimed, torn apart, bleeding, shivering, dying – all sorts of injured Palestinians, all ages, all civilians, all innocent.

The heroes in the ambulances and in all of Gaza’s hospitals are working 12-24 hour shifts, grey from fatigue and inhuman workloads (without payment all in Shifa for the last 4 months), they care, triage, try to understand the incomprehensible chaos of bodies, sizes, limbs, walking, not walking, breathing, not breathing, bleeding, not bleeding humans. HUMANS!

Now, once more treated like animals by “the most moral army in the world” (sic!).

My respect for the wounded is endless, in their contained determination in the midst of pain, agony and shock; my admiration for the staff and volunteers is endless, my closeness to the Palestinian “sumud” gives me strength, although in glimpses I just want to scream, hold someone tight, cry, smell the skin and hair of the warm child, covered in blood, protect ourselves in an endless embrace – but we cannot afford that, nor can they.

Ashy grey faces – Oh NO! Not one more load of tens of maimed and bleeding, we still have lakes of blood on the floor in the ER, piles of dripping, blood-soaked bandages to clear out – oh – the cleaners, everywhere, swiftly shovelling the blood and discarded tissues, hair, clothes,cannulas – the leftovers from death – all taken away … to be prepared again, to be repeated all over. More then 100 cases came to Shifa in the last 24 hrs. Enough for a large well trained hospital with everything, but here – almost nothing: no electricity, water, disposables, drugs, OR-tables, instruments, monitors – all rusted and as if taken from museums of yesterday’s hospitals. But they do not complain, these heroes. They get on with it, like warriors, head on, enormously resolute.

And as I write these words to you, alone, on a bed, my tears flow, the warm but useless tears of pain and grief, of anger and fear. This is not happening!

An then, just now, the orchestra of the Israeli war-machine starts its gruesome symphony again, just now: salvos of artillery from the navy boats just down on the shores, the roaring F16, the sickening drones (Arabic ‘Zennanis’, the hummers), and the cluttering Apaches. So much made in and paid by the US.

Mr. Obama – do you have a heart?

I invite you – spend one night – just one night – with us in Shifa. Disguised as a cleaner, maybe.

I am convinced, 100%, it would change history.

Nobody with a heart AND power could ever walk away from a night in Shifa without being determined to end the slaughter of the Palestinian people.

But the heartless and merciless have done their calculations and planned another “dahyia” onslaught on Gaza.

The rivers of blood will keep running the coming night. I can hear they have tuned their instruments of death.

Please. Do what you can. This, THIS cannot continue.

Mads Gilbert MD PhD

Professor and Clinical Head

Clinic of Emergency Medicine

University Hospital of North Norway

——————————————————————-
Doctor Mads Gilbert today.

- Carl Gustav Jung

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

Without words
Attachments
IMG_8062.jpeg
IMG_8062.jpeg (51.17 KiB) Viewed 3902 times

- Carl Gustav Jung

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Germany is a good place to be Jewish. Unless, like me, you’re a Jew who criticises Israel: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... -tv-debate

I can't speak to anything about the particulars here, but it's fascinating how history, identity, and politics create these constellations.

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

there are no words to describe all this
Attachments
IMG_8105.jpeg
IMG_8105.jpeg (81.05 KiB) Viewed 3696 times

- Carl Gustav Jung

APACHES67
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by APACHES67 »

Hamas is terrorist, we know, but the democratic Israel?
Israel is politically a piece of the USA. in the Middle East. They always pursue the same policy of expansion with violence, use of weapons and bombings. How is it possible that the best secret service in the world (the Israeli one) was unable to intercept the Hamas raid on its territory? It seems to have been done on purpose to then have the pretext to bomb and invade Gaza.

How will it all end? Israel will have greatly expanded its territory with the U.N. that remains to be watched. Goal achieved!