The Future of the Republican Party

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: The Future of the Republican Party

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 5:48pm
If there were any doubt that Lou Dobbs isn't bonkers, he claims W. is a "radical liberal." (Also, what the fuck is a radical liberal? An extremist centrist?)
https://www.newsweek.com/fox-lou-dobbs- ... al-1111686
I can't remember where I read it (might have been Matty Y), but the observation is that conservatism can't fail, only be failed. Dubya was an exemplar conservative until he was unpopular and then he became a mutant liberal. Trump is a conservative as long as he's passing taxes, as soon as he washes out republican majorities he'll be an unorthodox lib. Republicans never change their core policies - low taxes for rich people - just the packaging it comes in.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 9:36pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
07 Sep 2018, 5:48pm
If there were any doubt that Lou Dobbs isn't bonkers, he claims W. is a "radical liberal." (Also, what the fuck is a radical liberal? An extremist centrist?)
https://www.newsweek.com/fox-lou-dobbs- ... al-1111686
I can't remember where I read it (might have been Matty Y), but the observation is that conservatism can't fail, only be failed. Dubya was an exemplar conservative until he was unpopular and then he became a mutant liberal. Trump is a conservative as long as he's passing taxes, as soon as he washes out republican majorities he'll be an unorthodox lib. Republicans never change their core policies - low taxes for rich people - just the packaging it comes in.
Yup, that was a MY piece from the other day, suggesting that Captain Secret OpEd is laying the groundwork for conservatives disowning Trump. They really are like Marxists whose fallback position, over and over, is that communism hasn't really been tried, so, for reals, it's still a legit option no matter the horror show it keeps on proving to be. If you want to understand Republicans, look to Communists.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/p ... ns-united/

Silly liberals, when you threaten politicians financially, do it privately, not publicly. You offend Washington ethics.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://thinkprogress.org/brett-kavanau ... 4b572d72d/

Perhaps being a sexual predator was one of the things Trump liked about him.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

There's something blandly creepy about Kavanaugh. Like, if you squeeze him too hard he'll leak wheat paste.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

JoseUnidos wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 4:28pm
There's something blandly creepy about Kavanaugh. Like, if you squeeze him too hard he'll leak wheat paste.
He'd fuck a kid.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 4:33pm
JoseUnidos wrote:
He'd fuck a kid.
The Venn diagram between priests and Republican men is nearing perfect sync.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... n-congress

This gives Murkowski and Collins the opportunity to prove without any doubt that they are complete and utter shitbags.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
13 Sep 2018, 4:33pm
JoseUnidos wrote:
He'd fuck a kid.
Bingo. That's the exact kind of pasty complexion one only develops after decades of pedo sweat dripping down one's temples.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Sep 2018, 11:32am
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-des ... n-congress

This gives Murkowski and Collins the opportunity to prove without any doubt that they are complete and utter shitbags.
This does a good job of making Feinstein look as out of touch as she is as well.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JoseUnidos wrote:

HAHAHAHA ... ew!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

...ugh...these people just suck! "What boy hasn't done this in high school?" Really??

I'm pretty certain I got through my 4 years of high school without sexually harassing or assaulting anyone...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/ ... ham-837391

Lindsey forgets he's not supposed to say the quiet part loud.