Hey limeys

Politics and other such topical creams.
Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Hey limeys

Post by Flex »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 10:34am
Direct rule from Westminster looks very close to being on the cards for Northern Ireland. This is not great news.
awful prospect
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

As if there was any doubt, co-ordinated Tory social media posts + May saying Corbyn should own his past as a spy + Tory media freakout = ludicrous smear campaign.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

If he achieves power - as I suspect he will - he's bound to do some fucked up shit, but I do like him.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 7:35pm
If he achieves power - as I suspect he will - he's bound to do some fucked up shit, but I do like him.
Still better than the successes that neoliberals have achieved in the past forty-plus years. The thing I appreciate most about Corbyn is that FDR-welcoming-the-hatred-of-the-bankers attitude. Meriting and accepting the hatred of the moneyed elites is a badge of honour, something that social democrats in Canada don't understand at all.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 7:48pm
Silent Majority wrote:
20 Feb 2018, 7:35pm
Still better than the successes that neoliberals have achieved in the past forty-plus years.
No argument here. His politics are easily the best for a Prime Minister this country would have seen since the creation of the NHS in the 1940s. And he doesn't have a crumbling empire to do awful shit to, like Atlee did. I am very, very cautiously optimistically cautious about the positive reforms a Labour government might make and the lives it'll save and improve.
The thing I appreciate most about Corbyn is that FDR-welcoming-the-hatred-of-the-bankers attitude. Meriting and accepting the hatred of the moneyed elites is a badge of honour, something that social democrats in Canada don't understand at all.
If you try and appease the bullies in the press and the banks, they'll shit over you all the harder, as Ed Miliband proved (Corbyn's predecessor as Labour leader).

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

It's too bad about his love affair with Hezbollah. Otherwise, I would support him if I were British.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yes. Yes, indeed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 4:32pm
https://i.imgur.com/qPAZ9XD.jpg
Yes. Yes, indeed.
lol
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yes. Yes, indeed.
What a perfect shot. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 12:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yes. Yes, indeed.
I appear to be immune to the jocular nature of this photo.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 6:57pm
Marky Dread wrote:
25 Mar 2018, 12:45am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yes. Yes, indeed.
I appear to be immune to the jocular nature of this photo.
Zoom in on the lower left corner.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Holy shit.
During a highly charged appearance at London’s Frontline Club, Shahmir Sanni accused senior Number 10 aide Stephen Parkinson of knowing he was not out to his family when he released a statement saying he was once in a relationship with the Leave volunteer-turned-whistleblower.

“It was fucking shit,” Sanni told the audience. “I had to come out to my mum the day before yesterday.”

“You know what, he knew, he knew that I wasn’t out to my mum.”

Sanni accused Parkinson, Downing Street, and Leave campaign chief Dominic Cummings of putting his sexuality in play when statements were released defending the Vote Leave campaign last week in response to his allegations that it had flouted election spending laws during the Brexit referendum.

“Number 10, Dominic Cummings and Stephen Parkinson have stripped me of the most important conversation for me, to have with my mother and my sisters and my family.”

“I came out to my mum and she said to me, I love you no matter what and they’re doing it to shut you up. I was like thanks momma.”

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The idea of any behaviour or tactic as being improper is sadly quaint. Can you imagine any national political figure asking whether a tactic is appropriate or moral? Politics is a nest of vipers.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Mar 2018, 6:15pm
The idea of any behaviour or tactic as being improper is sadly quaint. Can you imagine any national political figure asking whether a tactic is appropriate or moral? Politics is a nest of vipers.
From the cabinet down, too, May's administration is rotten with knifes out Suddenly Brexiteer ambitious pricks, who took notes on the dumb Kevin Spacey House of Cards and think that it's the recipe for success. They're kind of the glue holding the government together since the election knocked the majority away.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

So, do any of y'all think that the whole Cambridge Analytica shitfest will generate enough momentum for another Brexit referendum?