Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Post Reply
laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1824
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by laxman » 22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm

On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39010
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by Marky Dread » 23 Dec 2018, 10:21am

laxman wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm
On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/
I just bought a new beanie hat. Now everytime I get hot headed I'll think of you laxman.

...and remember "without a beanie you're nothing".
Image

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1824
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by laxman » 23 Dec 2018, 10:45am

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 10:21am
laxman wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm
On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/
I just bought a new beanie hat. Now everytime I get hot headed I'll think of you laxman.

...and remember "without a beanie you're nothing".
They look good. Laxgirl has one of the older ones.

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16856
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by 101Walterton » 23 Dec 2018, 6:30pm

Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 10:21am
laxman wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm
On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/
I just bought a new beanie hat. Now everytime I get hot headed I'll think of you laxman.

...and remember "without a beanie you're nothing".
Could do with that beanie about now it e‘ffing cold here!!!
Paid my respects to Lennon at the Dakota and Strawberry Fields today and heading to CBGB and Chelsea Hotel tomorrow.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39010
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by Marky Dread » 23 Dec 2018, 7:43pm

101Walterton wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 6:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 10:21am
laxman wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm
On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/
I just bought a new beanie hat. Now everytime I get hot headed I'll think of you laxman.

...and remember "without a beanie you're nothing".
Could do with that beanie about now it e‘ffing cold here!!!
Paid my respects to Lennon at the Dakota and Strawberry Fields today and heading to CBGB and Chelsea Hotel tomorrow.
:cool:
Image

Olaf
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 4002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:23pm
Location: Germania

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by Olaf » 23 Dec 2018, 10:44pm

Cheers for the link!

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 17150
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by JennyB » 24 Dec 2018, 1:18pm

Thanks for the link! Saddened to see they didn't have the calendar this year, but I guess it has run its course?
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1824
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by laxman » 24 Dec 2018, 2:28pm

JennyB wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 1:18pm
Thanks for the link! Saddened to see they didn't have the calendar this year, but I guess it has run its course?
https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstr ... llplanners

There is this instead. I got one. The poster side isn't the greatest picture ever but the planner side is alright, in Clash pink.

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 386
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by deny » 24 Dec 2018, 5:23pm

Is that real Bernie font that i see on it Phil?
Joining the Street Parade

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1824
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by laxman » 24 Dec 2018, 5:25pm

deny wrote:
24 Dec 2018, 5:23pm
Is that real Bernie font that i see on it Phil?
I believe so ;)

Kory
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 9117
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 1:42pm
Location: In the Discosphere

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by Kory » 26 Dec 2018, 7:07pm

101Walterton wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 6:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 10:21am
laxman wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm
On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/
I just bought a new beanie hat. Now everytime I get hot headed I'll think of you laxman.

...and remember "without a beanie you're nothing".
Could do with that beanie about now it e‘ffing cold here!!!
Paid my respects to Lennon at the Dakota and Strawberry Fields today and heading to CBGB and Chelsea Hotel tomorrow.
Prepare to be even more disappointed than you thought you'd be with CB's.
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16856
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Ashes to Activists – A Poetic Celebration of Joe Strummer

Post by 101Walterton » 27 Dec 2018, 1:27am

Kory wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 7:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 6:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
23 Dec 2018, 10:21am
laxman wrote:
22 Dec 2018, 12:01pm
On this 16th anniversary, why not download this free book from the Joe Strummer Foundation?

https://joestrummerfoundation.org/ashes ... -strummer/

Also new stuff in their shop, if you would like to support the cause.

https://joe-strummer-foundation.backstreetmerch.com/
I just bought a new beanie hat. Now everytime I get hot headed I'll think of you laxman.

...and remember "without a beanie you're nothing".
Could do with that beanie about now it e‘ffing cold here!!!
Paid my respects to Lennon at the Dakota and Strawberry Fields today and heading to CBGB and Chelsea Hotel tomorrow.
Prepare to be even more disappointed than you thought you'd be with CB's.
Nah I enjoyed it. Loved looking at all the old graffiti etc.. Saw a nice jacket but the price tag was $2,500 so I bought a CB’s T shirt. Thought the Bowery was a cool place and great Blondie mural.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests