Earthquake Weather on Amazon review

Joe Strummer discussion forum. Latino Rockabilly War, Mescaleros and more!
Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Re: Earthquake Weather on Amazon review

Post by Still216 »

Flex wrote: Yeah, that's kind of a "lost period" for the label. Both Hellcat and Epitaph proper became a lot less interesting in the wake of that time too. There's still good stuff coming out on the label and its imprints, but I really don't have interest in a lot of the more contemporary stuff they're putting out that doesn't have its roots in the early to mid 90s scene. The anti- imprint is really where its at these days.
They just signed Story Of The Year, Epitaph did. Check Epitaph's website, it's supposedly a big deal. Good for all parties involved I guess, but, eh. I would wager both of my pinky fingers on the fact that Tom Waits sold at least eight times as many CDs for Anti / Epitaph than Story Of The Year has sold between their major label stuff AND Epitaph. I don't envy anyone trying to run a record label right now.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority