Marky Dread Remasters

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Marky Dread Remasters

Post by Marky Dread »

ic1960 wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 2:55pm
Happy to have made my own small contribution to this fantastic community taking account of all the great recordings I have plundered from here. And hopefully I can offer some back shortly myself! I only wish I could find a recording of the Sheffield Top Rank gig in 1980 on the 16 tons tour which is one show I sent to which does not appear to have surfaced. but then again I was in touch with the guy who surfaced the Sheffield Lyceum recording from 1981 that had been in his loft for many a long year so who knows! Joe, Mick and the whole group meant so much to so many and there are so many great live recordings which still sound fantastic to this day. And it was great seeing Joe so many times with the Mescaleros......I was at their second ever show at the Liverpool Lomax (and I assume there is no recording of that?)....at the time we thought it was their first show but it had been superseded by their secret show in Sheffield so it wasn't after all. anyway I will see what I can do about getting some of my Clash/ Mescaleros master tapes onto digital format and report back in due course.
Brilliant mate appreciated.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

ic1960 wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 2:55pm
Happy to have made my own small contribution to this fantastic community taking account of all the great recordings I have plundered from here. And hopefully I can offer some back shortly myself! I only wish I could find a recording of the Sheffield Top Rank gig in 1980 on the 16 tons tour which is one show I sent to which does not appear to have surfaced. but then again I was in touch with the guy who surfaced the Sheffield Lyceum recording from 1981 that had been in his loft for many a long year so who knows! Joe, Mick and the whole group meant so much to so many and there are so many great live recordings which still sound fantastic to this day. And it was great seeing Joe so many times with the Mescaleros......I was at their second ever show at the Liverpool Lomax (and I assume there is no recording of that?)....at the time we thought it was their first show but it had been superseded by their secret show in Sheffield so it wasn't after all. anyway I will see what I can do about getting some of my Clash/ Mescaleros master tapes onto digital format and report back in due course.
Nope, no known recording of that has surfaced either. Was at that show and got some great pics which i put up on here a while ago. I think everyone who went thought they were going to see the first gig by Joe and his new band and i remember some random fella telling us they had played the night before. Looking forward to the recordings. If you need any help with them just shout up.

Tappy
Sightsee MC

Post by Tappy »

white man wrote:
22 Feb 2019, 8:21pm
If you need any help with them just shout up.
white man did a great job transfering the Fridays portion from my VHS i sent him. :cool:

ic1960
Dirty Punk

Post by ic1960 »

white man wrote:

Nope, no known recording of that has surfaced either. Was at that show and got some great pics which i put up on here a while ago. I think everyone who went thought they were going to see the first gig by Joe and his new band and i remember some random fella telling us they had played the night before. Looking forward to the recordings. If you need any help with them just shout up.
[/quote]

If those Lomax pics are still up here somewhere, will you be kind enough to provide a link....would love to see those after all these years! Many thanks

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

ic1960 wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 8:29pm
white man wrote:

If those Lomax pics are still up here somewhere, will you be kind enough to provide a link....would love to see those after all these years! Many thanks
[/quote]
http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =6&t=11869

ic1960
Dirty Punk

Post by ic1960 »

white man wrote:
26 Feb 2019, 2:03pm
ic1960 wrote:
25 Feb 2019, 8:29pm
white man wrote:

http://www.clashcity.com/boards/viewtop ... =6&t=11869
[/quote]

Many thanks white man...much appreciated....great memories!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Post deleted.
Last edited by Marky Dread on 01 Mar 2019, 4:06pm, edited 2 times in total.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

I have this but only the first 12 songs, mines cuts of at Bankrobber, looking forward to hearing the whole show. Thanks Marky.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Tonight's listening sorted, cheers Marky!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

chocolatejesus
Dirty Punk

Post by chocolatejesus »

You cant have enough Sandinista - Shows - Thank you!

I have never listened to this show, can't wait to see how it compares to the other 81 boots.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

chocolatejesus wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 3:37pm

I have never listened to this show, can't wait to see how it compares to the other 81 boots.
I thought I'd heard it, but looking at the blurb on BMC, I'm not sure I have.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 4:00pm
chocolatejesus wrote:

The version on the Megalist is heavily distorted and boomy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Heston wrote:
28 Feb 2019, 4:00pm
chocolatejesus wrote:

Me neither, so thanks as always Mr Dread.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

This looks fantastic and will be my work soundtrack tomorrow! Many thanks!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Marky, where the hell do you unearth these pics from? Your consistent stream of - at least, to me - unseen photos enhances your audio wizardry enormously. And long may it continue!!
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres