The Clash hot takes thread

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Clash hot takes thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I'd almost certainly like them more if I'd never heard of this place. I won't say I dislike them, but all the critiques over the years has stained my consciousness when I listen.
I got to that point, and then I quit coming here to discuss the band and only came to hang out with the awesome people.
Same here. Awful, contemptable band; decent fans.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:What is the difference between this and the Clash Observations thread? Is "hot takes" an American phrase? I've never heard of it.
You would understand it as a form of sealed pancake.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:I'd almost certainly like them more if I'd never heard of this place. I won't say I dislike them, but all the critiques over the years has stained my consciousness when I listen.
I got to that point, and then I quit coming here to discuss the band and only came to hang out with the awesome people.
No, I still love 'em. I've liked them since '78. That's the longest relationship I've ever had. :lol: But I don't have it in me to discuss DCT.

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Inder wrote:Basically, they're a pretty great band.
If they were that great, why didn't Duran Duran cover them on 'Thank You', surely one of the greatest album of cover versions of all time? Eh?

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I went through that phase, then I realized everyone here has stupid opinions and shitty taste so I might as well enjoy the Clash.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:I went through that phase, then I realized everyone here except Flex has stupid opinions and shitty taste so I might as well enjoy the Clash.
You're too kind.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
Wolter wrote:I went through that phase, then I realized everyone here except Flex has stupid opinions and shitty taste so I might as well enjoy the Clash.
You're too kind.
Flex is the gold standard of stupid opinions and shitty taste. He is our mouth-breathing god.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dunster
Dirty Punk

Post by Dunster »

If only the 101ers had stuck together, and Mick joined up and they got Topper on drums and then Paul on bass that would have been solid. If the 101ers had stuck together the world would be a different place, so many lives could have been spared from punk.

The thought of it makes my weak heart drop.

appleseed1
Sightsee MC

Post by appleseed1 »

I sing that one line in English Civil War as "who got caught out in their underwear."

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The Clash. Little Richard. Bo Diddley. Chuck Berry. Ray Charles.The Velvet Underground. Iggy & the Stooges. MC5. David Bowie. Bob Marley. Lee scratch Perry. Mikey Dread. The Modern Lovers. The Ramones. Sex Pistols.

Music people like. I like music.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

appleseed1 wrote:I sing that one line in English Civil War as "who got caught out in their underwear."
:lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Marky Dread wrote:The Clash. Little Richard. Bo Diddley. Chuck Berry. Ray Charles.The Velvet Underground. Iggy & the Stooges. MC5. David Bowie. Bob Marley. Lee scratch Perry. Mikey Dread. The Modern Lovers. The Ramones. Sex Pistols.

Music people like. I like music.
That's some good music, Marky.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Flex

Post by Flex »

Clash Hot Take: Sandinista would have been at least 10% improved with better track sequencing. Mix the dubs in with the regular songs and the albums' energy would have carried through the whole way a lot more. You would have lost some of the 1-2 punches of those first 4-5 sides, but the overall improvement would have been worth it.

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 3:28pm
Clash Hot Take: Sandinista would have been at least 10% improved with better track sequencing. Mix the dubs in with the regular songs and the albums' energy would have carried through the whole way a lot more. You would have lost some of the 1-2 punches of those first 4-5 sides, but the overall improvement would have been worth it.
Wash. Bullets straight into Silicone would be a rough one though. But yeah, it's weird they did that with Crooked Beat and One More Time, and then just dropped the idea.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Flex

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
14 Aug 2017, 3:51pm
Wash. Bullets straight into Silicone would be a rough one though. But yeah, it's weird they did that with Crooked Beat and One More Time, and then just dropped the idea.
I don't even think you have to have the dubs immediately following the songs proper. It might make it more interesting if you didn't, and I know I for one have always felt that by the tail end of the One More Time/One More Dub I'm ready for something else. That's an open topic for debate, I'm not sold either way there.

Pex Lives!