new complete February 25, 1982, Hong Kong

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: new complete February 25, 1982, Hong Kong

Post by Heston »

BB did a great job with the BAD tape the other week.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

poet351 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:32pm
To familiarise myself with this board, I read the Lewisham Odeon 80 Tapes thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7078&hilit=lewisham#p244677. Unfortunately, things didn't go so well there!
Time is going to tell on that one.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Silent Majority wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 5:27am
poet351 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:32pm
To familiarise myself with this board, I read the Lewisham Odeon 80 Tapes thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7078&hilit=lewisham#p244677. Unfortunately, things didn't go so well there!
Time is going to tell on that one.
It was, like, 6 years ago. How much more time does Michel need?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

River wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 12:19am
poet351 wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 12:02am
River wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:59pm
poet351 wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:28pm
River wrote:
28 Apr 2017, 11:21pm
Oh, this is great news! The Rat Patrol tour has been my favorite tour of the band for awhile now so its great to here theres some more from this. Especially from a gig that I really like. I'm hoping that Washington Bullets, Tommy Gun, and White Man are complete on this, would be nice to hear those in full. Either way, glad to hear theres still this stuff out there, hopefully someone can come up with some recordings from the Sydney residency. Hope to hear this soon!
Unfortunately, those three songs aren't complete. I taped it straight off Commercial Radio Hong Kong and the reason they are incomplete/edited in the circulating bootleg was that the damn dj talked over the songs (this is on my tape, but has been edited out on the bootleg) and/or they went to a commercial break. The dj/commercials happened early on in the broadcast, so most of the show is uninterrupted after that. I'm sure there are better Clash shows than this one, but this one is my favourite, purely because it's the one I've played the most.

I've had the tapes for 35 years, and my cassette player broke down years ago, so I've long wanted to digitise it, but without the equipment or knowledge of how to do it, I'm hoping someone here can do it for me, and then share it to anyone else who wants a copy.
Ah, shame to hear that its the DJ talking over. That always seems to happen. And, I must agree with you on this being your favorite show. Its not my favorite per se, but its definitely up there. Like I said, this tour is my favorite. I love it because of the set lengths (33 songs with this one), the arrangements they were doing for the songs, and just how tight the band is. I'm glad that this show is getting some more love.
What are your other favourite shows?

And the HK show has 34 songs, not 33!
Oh, whoops, my bad!

And my other favorite shows are a few from this tour, one of them being a few days prior when they played in Melbourne. (Still really hoping someone has something from Sydney haha.) Theres a few great shows in Japan, the first Osaka show being really good. Then theres the 2 shows in Boston later on in 82 with Terry on the drums.
One of the NZ shows was good can't remember if it was Wellington or Auckland?

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

i can work on restoration for sure
Send me the digital AIFF or WAV format and be sure the tape is ripped in stereo !

my email indieground75@gmail.com

Anybody for a new cover artwork ?

Tim Bucknall
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by Tim Bucknall »

a friend saw this thread and alerted me
so you need a high end transfer and the tape is in Australia?
I'm a mod at Livenirvana.com, they do pro- standard transfers on nakamichi tape decks and the head dude was talking about reaching out to other bands fans to swap info

our transfer people are fairly busy but i've asked

and if you happen to know anything about the person who taped BAD II at Reading 92 , we'd be very grateful ;) yes even though the official dvd is out we're still transferring and archiving audience tapes! - we're up to 6 audience audio tape and 4 amateur videos!
https://www.livenirvana.com/tourhistory/92/08-30-92.php

ps: If the New HK Tape is off Mono AM Radio like the old one, our transferer will check both channels and duplicate the best one across both channels
-the circulating tape came off Commercial Radio Hong Kong 864 AM, i have no idea if they had an fm simulcast

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

muppet hi fi wrote:
29 Apr 2017, 2:31am
OK, unfortunately, Marky doesn't have the time to commit just now; Matey, Hes, Sonnyburnit? Anyone?

The idea, I think, is just to get it transferred to digital and get it on the Mega List, initially - by someone with not only a deep appreciation of the band but the skill and gear (read poet351's descriptions of the tape up-thread). Then, later, if anyone wants to have a crack at a remix/remaster, it's all yours.
Got your pm.

I have digitized tapes before by taking it to a place to do it. It was pretty cheap, but I don't have the technical knowledge to know if there are better places to digitize than others. Kory might have some input on this.

I'd be happy to take it to a place to digitize and if someone (Marky) wants to spiff up the sound after, that's always welcome. I can't imagine there isn't a place near poet351 that does that though.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

poet351
Corner Soul

Post by poet351 »

mcintyrepoet has kindly offered to do the digitising so I will be sending him the tapes this week.

Heston

Post by Heston »

poet351 wrote:
30 Apr 2017, 6:32pm
mcintyrepoet has kindly offered to do the digitising so I will be sending him the tapes this week.
Great, thanks for this.

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

poet351 wrote:
Nice one. By a strange quirk of fate my previous announcement about not having a tape deck now has me in possession of two, including my Dad's monster ghetto blaster.
Might revisit some old bootleg tapes.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

poet351 wrote:
This is pretty exciting. Thanks for bringing this to light and to all involved.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

poet351 wrote:
Awesome, very excited to hear the results! I haven't chimed in yet, but this is all rad as hell!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

mikel
Junco Partner

Post by mikel »

Fantastic news, waiting to hear the result.Thank you in advance.

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

I've got my fingers, legs and (almost all) other body parts that I have in pairs, crossed that this one works out....
Thanks in advance to all involved
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

Post by sonnyburnit »

Yes, thanks so much to all involved, I'll be following to see how it all turns out after digitization & some spit shine. I would have normally been happy to help in some way but I have 6 month old twin girls at home who are taking up much of my time these days... in a great way of course. They already dig the clash so I'm sure we'll be crankin' this one when it's ready to go!