The Clash Chicago 1979

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
mikel
Junco Partner

The Clash Chicago 1979

Post by mikel »

Dunster
Dirty Punk

Re: The Clash Chicago 1979

Post by Dunster »

I doubt there is a better source. This era was definitely when The Clash were at the top of their game as a live band. You really have to listen hard to pick up Joe's guitar though.

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

It's defintely a little better than the usual one which is this:

Mick's guitar and Joe's vocals are improved, has a different intro with audience clapping instead of the radio intro and fade into Mick introing Jimmy Jazz, songs are not chopped at the beginning like in Bored With The USA on the old mp3 files, etc.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

If someone got the guts to put his hands on the master (wav or aiff format) of this gig
i could restore it and give a download link for everyone

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dunster wrote:
08 May 2017, 5:01pm
I doubt there is a better source. This era was definitely when The Clash were at the top of their game as a live band. You really have to listen hard to pick up Joe's guitar though.
Joe has a dodgy lead or something, the sound guys probably pulled him right down in the mix.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

The Baker
Dirty Punk

Post by The Baker »

This is probably the live Clash recording that I listen to the most - it would be awesome if an upgrade from the master ever came into circulation.