The last time you heard CtC.

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

The last time you heard CtC.

Post by Marky Dread »

?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: The last time you heard CtC.

Post by coffeepotman »

I think that memory has been erased...that was the last Clash album right? It's got a great single with the This is England, real toe tapper that one. Oh I'll have to give that album a try, can't believe I've never heard it, it's got to be great!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Last Thursday.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Probably 10 plus years? Every time I have a glimmer of hope that I have changed and my musical tastes will find something* to cling to but as soon as it starts my heart sinks.

* This Is England not included as I think it is universally accepted that it is a good track.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 2:52pm
Probably 10 plus years? Every time I have a glimmer of hope that I have changed and my musical tastes will find something* to cling to but as soon as it starts my heart sinks.

* This Is England not included as I think it is universally accepted that it is a good track.
Three Card Trick and North and South are probably as good as TiE.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 3:32pm
101Walterton wrote:

Three Card Trick and North and South are probably as good as TiE.
Not even close in my book.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 2:46pm
Last Thursday.
I said Cut the Crap not Music from "The Elder".

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I pull the album out everyone someone tries to wrongly assert that TiE is the best cut on the record.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
No disrespect to anyone who genuinely likes the song, but I don't get the love. I'll kinda sorta acknowledge it in a best-hockey-team-in-Alabama kind of way, but it's pretty plodding to my ears and, as I've carped about over and over thru the years, the line "and this is how we feel" is awful.

Gun to my head, "North and South" has the most buried potential, but neither is it an unappreciated gem or anything like that.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 6:35pm
101Walterton wrote:
No disrespect to anyone who genuinely likes the song, but I don't get the love. I'll kinda sorta acknowledge it in a best-hockey-team-in-Alabama kind of way, but it's pretty plodding to my ears and, as I've carped about over and over thru the years, the line "and this is how we feel" is awful.

Gun to my head, "North and South" has the most buried potential, but neither is it an unappreciated gem or anything like that.
Fair point. If TIE was on Sandinista would it get as much love?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 7:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 6:35pm
101Walterton wrote:

Fair point. If TIE was on Sandinista would it get as much love?
As long as Side 6 exists, there would still be champions.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

This Is England is brilliant, just executed poorly with the drum machine etc. Such a great lyric. I can forgive the "this is how we feel" line when we have that great last verse.

I fail to see how anyone who likes the Clash doesn't like Three Card Trick. Even with the drum machine it's better than a lot of Combat Rock and Sandinista.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

msza2
Junco Partner

Post by msza2 »

Heston wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 7:26pm
This Is England is brilliant, just executed poorly with the drum machine etc. Such a great lyric. I can forgive the "this is how we feel" line when we have that great last verse.

I fail to see how anyone who likes the Clash doesn't like Three Card Trick. Even with the drum machine it's better than a lot of Combat Rock and Sandinista.
The top 20% of CtC is better than the bottom 20% of CR and S!.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:

I still can't believe how they never recorded "In The Pouring Pouring Rain" for the album. But then again how shite would it have sounded with a rinky dink Casio keyboard and a drum machine from Mattel.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Aug 2017, 8:11pm
Heston wrote:

I still can't believe how they never recorded "In The Pouring Pouring Rain" for the album. But then again how shite would it have sounded with a rinky dink Casio keyboard and a drum machine from Mattel.
Definitely the lost classic I love it. Suspect I love it more because it wasn't ruined.