This Is England lyrics

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: This Is England lyrics

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 4:17pm
Marky Dread wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 2:00pm
Kory wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 1:55pm
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Aug 2017, 7:13pm
Heston wrote:
16 Aug 2017, 6:25pm
I really love this...

Land of illegal dances
Land of one thousand stances

The first line became even more relevant in the UK a few years later, and a nice Wilson Pickett reference in the second.
I suppose you are referencing the acid house scene. It's a great little couplet for sure but way before acid house and raves there were illegal blues parties. The land of one thousand stances is indeed a great referance to Wilson Pickett and to all the various youth cultures we had then.
Exactly and thanks for posting that track Kory haven't heard it for some time. :approve:
I've been digging UK reggae almost more than Jamaican lately. The first 3 Aswad albums, The first 5 Steel Pulse, LKJ, etc. It's got a certain militancy that I find appealing.
Handsworth Revoloution is a real favourite of mine.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 5:06pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
16 Aug 2017, 7:13pm

I suppose you are referencing the acid house scene. It's a great little couplet for sure but way before acid house and raves there were illegal blues parties. The land of one thousand stances is indeed a great referance to Wilson Pickett and to all the various youth cultures we had then.
Exactly and thanks for posting that track Kory haven't heard it for some time. :approve:
I've been digging UK reggae almost more than Jamaican lately. The first 3 Aswad albums, The first 5 Steel Pulse, LKJ, etc. It's got a certain militancy that I find appealing.
Me too, I've been trying to find a decently priced copy of the deluxe edition.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 8:03pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

I've had the standard edition for years and wasn't aware of a deluxe edition until this post so again thanks Kory. I've just ordered a copy. If you can't find a copy at a decent price and require an upload then just PM me. Although I know like me you prefer the physical copy.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

When I worked in the local record shop it was back in the day when the pub would shut between 3pm and 5pm.
The heavy metal wankers would come in and ask me to play all sorts of shit that I refused to play but there was one particularly nasty guy ( I was only 14 when I started there and these were grown men) who alsways wanted me to play Status Quo!!!
I worked out that if I played Black Uhuru on full volume they would stay well clear 😊

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 11:08pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

I've had the standard edition for years and wasn't aware of a deluxe edition until this post so again thanks Kory. I've just ordered a copy. If you can't find a copy at a decent price and require an upload then just PM me. Although I know like me you prefer the physical copy.
Thanks for the offer, but you are correct! I did support the documentary that's coming out soon, and one of the rewards was a flash drive full of unreleased tracks. Would you like a copy of those? I've also got all the Peel Sessions, but they're strangely one track per session—the songs aren't split up.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 12:25pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:

Thanks for the offer, but you are correct! I did support the documentary that's coming out soon, and one of the rewards was a flash drive full of unreleased tracks. Would you like a copy of those? I've also got all the Peel Sessions, but they're strangely one track per session—the songs aren't split up.
Yes please mate. I thought I had those peel sessions but can't find them. If you upload them I can split them if needed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 1:35pm
Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 12:25pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yes please mate. I thought I had those peel sessions but can't find them. If you upload them I can split them if needed.
Normally I'd have split them a long time ago but my copy of Soundforge is acting up.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

]Thanks for the offer, but you are correct! I did support the documentary that's coming out soon, and one of the rewards was a flash drive full of unreleased tracks. Would you like a copy of those? I've also got all the Peel Sessions, but they're strangely one track per session—the songs aren't split up.
If it's not too much trouble, guys, I would like this stuff, too, plus the album -- Handsworth Revolution was always my favorite Steel Pulse song. Which, like a lot of stuff from that era, seems more timely than ever today. SP don't seem to get mentioned a lot in all those official histories, which has always surprised me.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 8:29pm
]Thanks for the offer, but you are correct! I did support the documentary that's coming out soon, and one of the rewards was a flash drive full of unreleased tracks. Would you like a copy of those? I've also got all the Peel Sessions, but they're strangely one track per session—the songs aren't split up.
If it's not too much trouble, guys, I would like this stuff, too, plus the album -- Handsworth Revolution was always my favorite Steel Pulse song. Which, like a lot of stuff from that era, seems more timely than ever today. SP don't seem to get mentioned a lot in all those official histories, which has always surprised me.
No problem Ralph once it arrives in the post I'll sort it for you.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Thanks, Marky, you may fire when ready, as the saying goes ... :mrgreen:

Another quickie ancedote: I was transcribing comments from a Corbyn rally a couple months back, and what are they playing in the background? Handsworth Revolution. Need we say more? :mrgreen:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 7:33pm

Another quickie ancedote: I was transcribing comments from a Corbyn rally a couple months back, and what are they playing in the background? Handsworth Revolution. Need we say more? :mrgreen:
Perfect :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 7:50pm
Chairman Ralph wrote:
20 Aug 2017, 7:33pm

Perfect :mrgreen:
Hey Ralph,

I just sent the files to Marky to be split up—I'm sure you'd rather have them that way!

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Hey Ralph,

I just sent the files to Marky to be split up—I'm sure you'd rather have them that way!
Yes, indeed, that might make life a tad easier ... :mrgreen: But I look forward to hearing it all.