This is Really Terrible

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

This is Really Terrible

Post by JennyB »

So this Deadhead guy I know just sent me this link. The little joy that was in my body has just been sucked out entirely. So, if you are feeling happy today, I am here to ruin it for you. Behold:

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Re: This is Really Terrible

Post by gkbill »

JennyB wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 12:05am
So this Deadhead guy I know just sent me this link. The little joy that was in my body has just been sucked out entirely. So, if you are feeling happy today, I am here to ruin it for you. Behold:

Hello,

This is one of those "Hey, smell this. It's horrible!" kind of moments. I could have guessed when I saw they were playing on rugs.

I lasted 58 seconds. Top that!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I lasted a minute twelve but basically have no problem with half the Dead covering Train in Vain. If only Jerry was there.
IIRC, I think Bob Weir did this song with Jesse Malin at a Strummer tribute once. There’s that picture of Weir with Joe floating about as well. And Mick wrote a couple of songs by mail with Robert Hunter for a kids’ movie project tha never got done.

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Eh, it's OK. It's fine. They play it straight and respectfully as the standard it now is.
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yay, a new nominee for worst Clash cover ever. The smell of ass turned into sound.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
16 Dec 2017, 3:22am
I lasted a minute twelve but basically have no problem with half the Dead covering Train in Vain. If only Jerry was there.
IIRC, I think Bob Weir did this song with Jesse Malin at a Strummer tribute once. There’s that picture of Weir with Joe floating about as well. And Mick wrote a couple of songs by mail with Robert Hunter for a kids’ movie project tha never got done.
I’m just not a fan of the whole jam band sound. I get a negative physical reaction listening. And it wasn’t actually the jocks, but rather the deadheads, who tortured me in high school (sexual harassment, that kind of fun stuff). So I have always just had an issue with them. I know I need to move on, but I still have a hard time doing so.
Got a Rake? Sure!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Does it include that douchbag John Mayer too? Apparently he plays with the Leftover Dead at times.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I’m no fan of the jam band thing either, Jenny. I used to pretty much loath all of it and, now that I’m old, have a bit of appreciation for early Dead and Quicksilver. I think the Dead were more exotic to Joe and Mick. I remember Mick having a row once with Gerry Harrington defending them. But yeah, the fans of the jam scene are pretty douchy.

I see no reason for you to move on! Screw ‘em.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Oh shit that was fucking awful. I made it like 55 seconds. I was pretty terrible from the start, but when those backing vocals kicked in, I realized I would literally rather die than hear another second of it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:
18 Dec 2017, 10:42pm
I’m no fan of the jam band thing either, Jenny. I used to pretty much loath all of it and, now that I’m old, have a bit of appreciation for early Dead and Quicksilver. I think the Dead were more exotic to Joe and Mick. I remember Mick having a row once with Gerry Harrington defending them. But yeah, the fans of the jam scene are pretty douchy.

I see no reason for you to move on! Screw ‘em.
Thanks, TeddyB. :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

white man
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by white man »

That's what we in the UK call "piss poor"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

white man wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 1:08pm
That's what we in the UK call "piss poor"
That's a phrase in the states too, and wholly applicable here.

Sounds like a half-assed bar band. If they can play at RCMH, what's my deal?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I'm not gonna mince words, they should be beaten about the head with their instruments.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Just watched it again, still can't figure out why peeps dislike it with such a passion. Sure, the lead vocals are lame (is that Bob Weir singing?), but it just sounds like an average US bar band from 25 years ago playing a good song competently - not very exciting, but no jamming or mucking about. Why the hate?
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

muppet hi fi wrote:
19 Dec 2017, 9:42pm
Just watched it again, still can't figure out why peeps dislike it with such a passion. Sure, the lead vocals are lame (is that Bob Weir singing?), but it just sounds like an average US bar band from 25 years ago playing a good song competently - not very exciting, but no jamming or mucking about. Why the hate?
For all the reasons you just listed!