Misheard Lyrics

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Misheard Lyrics

Post by x3em »

I recently remembered one of my misheard lyrics from back in the day :)

Guns of Brixton

No need for the Black Maria
Goodbye to the Brixton sun.

I thought he said

No need for the Blood Maharaja
Goodbye to the Brixton sun.

I remember thinking to myself that "The Blood Maharaja" sounds like a really scary character :)
Last edited by x3em on 29 Jun 2008, 9:32pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Misheard Lyrics

Post by Heston »

In Boston's 'More Than A Feeling" I always thought he sang 'I see my very end walking away'. The other day I found out it was 'I see my Marianne walking away'.
I prefer my version.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

x3em
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by x3em »

Heston wrote:In Boston's 'More Than A Feeling" I always thought he sang 'I see my very end walking away'. The other day I found out it was 'I see my Marianne walking away'.
I prefer my version.
yeah, your version is much better, poetry.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:In Boston's 'More Than A Feeling" I always thought he sang 'I see my very end walking away'. The other day I found out it was 'I see my Marianne walking away'.
I prefer my version.
I prefer no version. :mrgreen: But yours is certainly better.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Heston

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
I prefer my version.
You're kidding, it's a behemoth of a rock song. It makes me cry and play air guitar at the same time.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I may have mentioned this before, but in "Sunglasses at Night," as a child I thought the line "Don't masquerade with the guy in shades, oh no." was "Don't masquerade in the dying shades of love." I was in my 20s before I realized how banal the original line actually was.

Now my line makes no sense, technically. But I've always thought it sounded better.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Heston

Post by Heston »

A friend of mine thought "Charlie's gonna be a napalm star" in Charlie Don't Surf was "Charlie's gonna be a netball star".

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

There's a Trash Can SInatras tune, "Circling the Circumference," that has the line, "Another day, another dilemma," which I always heard, "Another day, another cabana." Whatever that means.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Two Fugazi ones, both from Steady Diet of Nothing, one from me, one from a friend in high school:

Mine, from "Latin Roots" -
Real lyric: "It's time to meet your makers"
Misheard as: "It's time to be Jamaicans"

My friend's,from "Stacks":
Real lyric: "Language keeps me/locked and repeating"
Misheard: "Gangway street slave/I'll never behave"

I think mine was substantially less silly.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

WMHP: "They've got four and six and they think it's funny..."
The Prisoner: "The prisoner makes the busted eye boy, north of what the capture?" Actually the entire first verse for that matter.

Those are the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure I mishear more than a hear.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Life Is Wild

I thought:

Life is wild, Life is Free,
Everyone that's stoned gonna fall on me.

info from the internet:

Life is wild, Life is free
Make 'em wanna stop gonna fall on me.

i like my interpretation better

rudebhoy
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by rudebhoy »

BAD - Around The Girl In 80 Ways

correct lyric - "sense of humour, little jokes, show her you`re not like other blokes"

what I heard - "sense of humour, little jokes, show her your knob like other blokes"

only sussed this out the other day, litening to MP on headphones. Been singing the wrong line for years, and it always made me laugh :mrgreen:

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I prefer my version.
You're kidding, it's a behemoth of a rock song. It makes me cry and play air guitar at the same time.
Nope...I loathe Boston and their overproduced crap. I think part of it has to do with the fact that my worst boyfriend was a huge fan of theirs. This was a guy I dated in my 20's, and I should have known better.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

JennyB wrote:
Heston wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I prefer my version.
Nope...I loathe Boston and their overproduced crap. I think part of it has to do with the fact that my worst boyfriend was a huge fan of theirs. This was a guy I dated in my 20's, and I should have known better.
So you are cool with Van Hagar and the Cabo Wabo.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

AdamRamone
Dirty Punk

Post by AdamRamone »

he's in love and he wants to go bowl
he's in love and he wants a dinner roll
he's in love and he's out of control

hahahahahha

nah, not realy.
big business it dont like you