The Clash Festival Hall Osaka, 020282 RESTORED

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

The Clash Festival Hall Osaka, 020282 RESTORED

Post by bazarboy75 »

Very good concert by the band, and if you have a passion for clapping, you're in for a treat !

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Re: The Clash Festival Hall Osaka, 020282 RESTORED

Post by IkarisOne »

bazarboy75 wrote:
24 Oct 2023, 9:41am
Very good concert by the band, and if you have a passion for clapping, you're in for a treat !

Thanks for this, Bazza. Amazing how much better Tops played on most of this Asia tour than all of the 1981 shows. Not quite at his '79 peak, but tighter and more focused than he'd been in a long time. Shame he was off his game on the one show we have pro recording of. Joe had the flu as well that night.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

IkarisOne wrote:
25 Oct 2023, 11:57am

Tops played on most of this Asia tour than all of the 1981 shows. Not quite at his '79 peak, but tighter and more focused than he'd been in a long time. Shame he was off his game on the one show we have pro recording of. Joe had the flu as well that night.
yeah imagine that gig on video... Far better than the Tokyo (apart radio clash and Charlie don't surf)
And agree Top in top form which is strange because he was fired not long afterwards. I suppose he must have fallen off the wagon hard when he went back to England.

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

bazarboy75 wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 4:50am
IkarisOne wrote:

Tops played on most of this Asia tour than all of the 1981 shows. Not quite at his '79 peak, but tighter and more focused than he'd been in a long time. Shame he was off his game on the one show we have pro recording of. Joe had the flu as well that night.
yeah imagine that gig on video... Far better than the Tokyo (apart radio clash and Charlie don't surf)
And agree Top in top form which is strange because he was fired not long afterwards. I suppose he must have fallen off the wagon hard when he went back to England.
I think what finally did Topper in was the arrest in late 1981. That would make it very difficult to insure your tours and would basically paint a red flag for any customs officers who got off on hassling musicians. From what I understand they did have a lot of hassles on the Asia tour. His playing was pretty under-par at Lochem, which along with the mirror incident, sealed the deal.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

IkarisOne wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 1:09pm

I think what finally did Topper in was the arrest in late 1981. That would make it very difficult to insure your tours and would basically paint a red flag for any customs officers who got off on hassling musicians. From what I understand they did have a lot of hassles on the Asia tour. His playing was pretty under-par at Lochem, which along with the mirror incident, sealed the deal.
One of the finest rock drummer who's burning up his career like this
Definitly a sad story !

Charlie Dont Surf
Long Time Jerk

Post by Charlie Dont Surf »

Many Thanks for uploading the flac files
Someday you'll meet your rockin chair, Cause that's where we're spinnin
There's no point to want to comb your hair, When its grey and thinin

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

IkarisOne wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 1:09pm
bazarboy75 wrote:
26 Oct 2023, 4:50am
IkarisOne wrote:

I thought the others were even more under par than him at Lochem. Maybe Topper should have sacked them. Police and Thieves is so bad it's funny.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

God damn, this show is so fucking good.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

IkarisOne wrote:
04 Nov 2023, 12:01pm
God damn, this show is so fucking good.