1980-03-08 Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey [Audio + Video Remastered]

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: 1980-03-08 Capitol Theatre, Passaic, New Jersey [Audio + Video Remastered]

Post by JohnS »

The video is indeed the best version I've seen. Thanks to SS for sharing XRCF's skillz!

I think I first encountered this footage on a bootleg VHS, an n'th-generation dub with bleached-out images and so much interference it was like watching it through a snowstorm. it cost a fortune but I still loved it - and was fascinated to be able to watch the video from the CCTV camera seen in one of the pics in Pennie Smith's 'Before & After' book.

To be honest I like the fact it's black and white - it's like the perfect complement to Pennie's book and classic photos from that tour.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

XRCF wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 1:23am
weller259 wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 11:47pm
thanks for the work on this, the video looks great. I just thought i'd say there is video of the show that runs 1h 23 m, its the same video but lesser quality. Does the full video of the show in the quality of this video exist?
The video remaster was my doing. I most likely used the same source as you.
I was originally going to do the whole show but it turned out to be too much of a strain on my laptop with the rendering. So I just did a best of...
Defeatist!🤣

Nice job mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

yetaca
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by yetaca »

XRCF wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 5:54am
white man wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 2:18am
XRCF wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 1:23am
weller259 wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 11:47pm
thanks for the work on this, the video looks great. I just thought i'd say there is video of the show that runs 1h 23 m, its the same video but lesser quality. Does the full video of the show in the quality of this video exist?
The video remaster was my doing. I most likely used the same source as you.
I was originally going to do the whole show but it turned out to be too much of a strain on my laptop with the rendering. So I just did a best of...
That is quite an upgrade. Much sharper than anything i've got. Just need to colourise it now ;)
easier said than done im afraid

That's actually great tho lol

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

JohnS wrote:
15 Jan 2024, 8:39pm
The video is indeed the best version I've seen. Thanks to SS for sharing XRCF's skillz!

I think I first encountered this footage on a bootleg VHS, an n'th-generation dub with bleached-out images and so much interference it was like watching it through a snowstorm. it cost a fortune but I still loved it - and was fascinated to be able to watch the video from the CCTV camera seen in one of the pics in Pennie Smith's 'Before & After' book.

To be honest I like the fact it's black and white - it's like the perfect complement to Pennie's book and classic photos from that tour.
I also prefer black and white video and the 28 minutes restored by XRCF are the best version I've ever seen. I agree with you that in this way it matches perfectly with the photographs of Pennie Smith included in her Before & After, where instead of writing "Passaic" it was written "Prosaic"...
Towards the end of the 80s I managed to get a copy of the entire concert on VHS and, despite the terrible quality, I watched it continuously for entire weeks.
The video quality was so low that Joe seemed wrapped in a kind of shroud as if it were some kind of Holy Shroud...
A few years later I found a DVD called 16 tons where the video quality was definitely improved but the work that XRCF has done is definitely a step forward compared to what I have seen in the past.
The same goes for SuzukiSamurai's work. From the first vinyl bootleg, Capitol Crisis, there has been an improvement that surpasses even the best CD version of the Capitol Radio bootleg.
Now, to quote Springsteen, we too have our Piece de Resistance...
Thanks again to Suzuki and XRCF!

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

Ganno65
Corner Soul

Post by Ganno65 »

Super job…many thanks for sharing!