Whats left?

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
motorsmell
Junco Partner

Whats left?

Post by motorsmell »

As we devour every clash morsel there is to consume..ta Marky!...the question is what is left that we long for? Are we at/approaching the bottom of the well? This goes for all clash/members discographies...

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Whats left?

Post by Heston »

Lewisham soundboard exists, video possibly does. Shea video rumoured to exist. Bonds footage and multitrack tapes.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

gkbill
Unknown Immortal

Post by gkbill »

Heston wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 4:00pm
Lewisham soundboard exists, video possibly does. Shea video rumoured to exist. Bonds footage and multitrack tapes.
Hello,

Bonds footage for me as well.

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

I'm currently doing two big projects
1. making my own cut of rude boy
2. making a complete archive of every clash video ever in the best quality possible. (if you have something that you think i wont have or just have a list of stuff you have please shoot me a message, this is a big task and i need as much help as i can get)
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Stefano1972
Long Time Jerk

Post by Stefano1972 »

XRCF wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 5:05pm
2. making a complete archive of every clash video ever in the best quality possible. (if you have something that you think i wont have or just have a list of stuff you have please shoot me a message, this is a big task and i need as much help as i can get)
did you download this video that I posted here about a year ago? viewtopic.php?t=13858

“Where love rules, there is no will to power, and where power predominates, love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.”
- Carl Gustav Jung

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Heston wrote:
Those are the big ones for me. I assume Lewisham is multitrack too, not just soundboard.

I'd love to hear more of Blonde Rock and Roll.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Other stuff they have and might have
1979-01-03 - Lyceum -multitrack?
1980-02-18 - Lewisham - multitrack
1981-06-08 - Bonds - multitrack
1981-06-09 - Bonds - multitrack
1982-09-07 - Boston multitrack
1982-09-08 - Boston multitrack
1982-10-12 - Shea Night 1 multitrack

Stuff Sony *might* have access to:
1982-02-25 - Hong Kong - I believe this was a radio broadcast, so perhaps a pre-broadcast soundboard is available.
1981-05-10 - Teddy B mentioned Sony was planning on releasing this as part of a S! anniversary release. That strongly suggests they have the tapes.
1977-05-28 - I believe this was a radio broadcast, so perhaps a pre-broadcast soundboard is available.
1976-Various - There's a rumor that Mickey Foote recorded a bunch of earlier shows. Perhaps through 1977.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

Stefano1972 wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 7:18pm
XRCF wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 5:05pm
did you download this video that I posted here about a year ago? viewtopic.php?t=13858
i was meaning more 76-83 stuff but yeah i do have that downloaded
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

matedog wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 7:54pm

1982-02-25 - Hong Kong - I believe this was a radio broadcast, so perhaps a pre-broadcast soundboard is available.
1981-05-10 - Teddy B mentioned Sony was planning on releasing this as part of a S! anniversary release. That strongly suggests they have the tapes.
1977-05-28 - I believe this was a radio broadcast, so perhaps a pre-broadcast soundboard is available.
1976-Various - There's a rumor that Mickey Foote recorded a bunch of earlier shows. Perhaps through 1977.
not to mention the hours of footage both Temple and Letts are hogging
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

SuzukiSamurai
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by SuzukiSamurai »

matedog wrote:
The things I would do for a pre-broadcast soundboard of the Hong Kong show...

War on tape hiss!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

gkbill wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 4:03pm
Heston wrote:
Hello,

In Don's book he says that most of the bonds footage was lost due to Bernard not paying the storage fees...I honestly beleive that is the case as if did exist I can't see how it wouldn't have been released yet.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

matedog wrote:

With regards to Radio broadcast shows, is there some weird licensing law for releasing these? it seems like alot of those shows are released quite regularly as semi official live albums? So I wonder if a show has been broadcast it becomes fair game? Or belongs to the radio station and they can sell the license for it?

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

motorsmell wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 6:19am
gkbill wrote:
19 Jan 2024, 4:03pm
Heston wrote:
Hello,

In Don's book he says that most of the bonds footage was lost due to Bernard not paying the storage fees...I honestly beleive that is the case as if did exist I can't see how it wouldn't have been released yet.
Thanks to the Mag 7 video and the BMC leaked videos we know that was a flat-out lie
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

Blackmarketclash
Dirty Punk

Post by Blackmarketclash »

I suspect there is a considerable amount left but its not a priority for anyone. The 13th evening at Bonds was a multi camera pro shoot and probably on the CoB reels. I suspect there is a considerable amount of TV material that is currently LQ or incomplete.

The CoB reels are one fo two things. Transferred, all 20 or so reels, or not transferred because baking them and transferring them is to costly?

I suspect too that if the band puts out an appeal for soundboards, whilst not to the standards they may wish, a considerable number will appear. They are not the sort of thing you chuck away unless your an ELO fan who accidentally found himself doing the sound that night. The Clash were special.

Funny how the Asbury Park video got split into two, common and rare, but all from the same source. I don't believe they turned the board or the cameras off at Athens. The temptation for a quiet personal copy would have been too much.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Blackmarketclash wrote:
20 Jan 2024, 7:36pm
I suspect there is a considerable amount left but its not a priority for anyone. The 13th evening at Bonds was a multi camera pro shoot and probably on the CoB reels. I suspect there is a considerable amount of TV material that is currently LQ or incomplete.

The CoB reels are one fo two things. Transferred, all 20 or so reels, or not transferred because baking them and transferring them is to costly?

I suspect too that if the band puts out an appeal for soundboards, whilst not to the standards they may wish, a considerable number will appear. They are not the sort of thing you chuck away unless your an ELO fan who accidentally found himself doing the sound that night. The Clash were special.

Funny how the Asbury Park video got split into two, common and rare, but all from the same source. I don't believe they turned the board or the cameras off at Athens. The temptation for a quiet personal copy would have been too much.
What is the deal with Asbury Park? I'm sure I read some footage exists which doesn't seem to be in common circulation.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board