Joe speechs US festival

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Joe speechs US festival

Post by bazarboy75 »

Hi all

Can somebody write here what Joe said between the numbers at the US Festival ?
it could be awesome and really helpful because, I want to speak about it on my blog
but i need it in a perfect english.

Thanks in advance

Bboy

Tommy Gun
Corner Soul

Re: Joe speechs US festival

Post by Tommy Gun »

"You make ! You Buy ! You Die !"
You Know that one ;-)

Tom

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

"Still there ?" too

Post by Guest »

"I suppose your tired of this and that and whats up my arse" ( then mick jones quickly cuts into the intro of know your rights)

You make ! You Buy ! You Die !"
thats the motto of america

welcome to the decadent us of a

AHH Joe was a great man, echoing my sentiments of the state of affairs in the us of a

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Guest wrote:"I suppose your tired of this and that and whats up my arse" ( then mick jones quickly cuts into the intro of know your rights)

You make ! You Buy ! You Die !"
thats the motto of america

welcome to the decadent us of a

AHH Joe was a great man, echoing my sentiments of the state of affairs in the us of a
Thanks mr Guest
And about his long speech i think before london calling
after "welcome to the decadent us of a"

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

I was just listening to US Festival

I think the rest is

"This here set of music is now dedicated to those people in the crowd who have children
so there is something left for them in later centuries."

IkarisOne
Unknown Immortal

Post by IkarisOne »

Here's an historical reenctment of the speechwriting process:

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

IkarisOne wrote:Here's an historical reenctment of the speechwriting process:

Oh man
what a beautiful pic

AdamRamone
Dirty Punk

Post by AdamRamone »

what i can remember..

"here we are now in the capitol of the decadent us of a, this next here set of music is dedicated for the people in the audience who have children....so theres something left here for them in the centuries"

"well hi everybody aint it groovy, aint you sick of hearing that for the last 150 years?"

"I suppose you dont wanna hear going on about this and that and whats up my ass? well try this on for size..."
big business it dont like you

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

Also there is
"If there's going to be a future, it's gotta be from all different directions, not just one
way down the road"

"Those people in East LA aren't going to live there forever"

oldmem

Post by oldmem »

bazarboy75 wrote:Hi all

it could be awesome and really helpful because, I want to speak about it on my blog

Thanks in advance

Bboy
Joe: And making sure that those people in the crowd who have children there is something left here for them later in the centuries

Mick: One! Two! Three! Four!

London Calling
This is Radio Clash

Joe: US Army Style!

Somebody Got Murdered

(Lyric variations:)

Joe: Sounds like Murder! those shouts / [are they playin’?] / Shout / Yeah well they must be a hang down barking down that lonesome old freeway [now] all y’all got those pump backs guns stashing all the way hey go night style hey go night style burn, burn it away! Hey you know what I say watch yourself tonight burn it away

Joe: Yeah, I know there’s s’posed to be… I know the human race is s’posed to get down on its knees in front of all of this new technology and kiss the micro-chip circuits - it doesn’t impress me ever much! When there ain’t nothin’ but a, “YOU BUY! YOU MAKE – YOU BUY – YOU DIE!” That’s the motto of America. “YOU GET BONDS AND BUY IT!” And I tell you, those people out in East L.A., they ain’t gonna stay there forever. And if there’s anything gonna be in the future, it’s gonna be from all parts of everything, not just one white way down the middle of the road! So if anybody out there ever grows up – FOR FUCK’S SAKE!

Rock the Casbah

Paul: Guns of Brixton

Guns of Brixton

Paul: Strummer on Bass!

Joe: Yeah anybody out there – (interrupted by Mick starting the opening guitar riff to “Know Your Rights”)

Know Your Rights
Koka Kola
Hate and War

Joe: Okay, uh… This here song is now known as, “The F-plan Beverly Hills Reggae Song!”

Armagideon Time

Freestyle:

Joe: Hey! A lotta people - Eeeyayeeyayeeyayee A lotta people – Use a calculator What ! A lot of people sittin’ down by the light - A lot of people can’t get no [hope] to go tonight - One more thing to say – an’ I’m a start with a… THE ETHIOPIAN DIET! LOSE FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS! Success Guaranteed OR YOUR MONEY BACK! YES, YOUR MONEY BACK! Yes or your money back…

Joe: Yeah, there’s a new English bloke on the drums here. He’s called Peter Howard.

(Comments on instrumental or lyrical performance: Strummer uses “Easter time” instead of his usual, “Christmas Time.”)

Bullocks! Bullocks! Come on, don’t, you don’t have to fake it I mean, man, he’s paying twenty-five dollars to go out there so uh… you know, do what you like.

Also um… a lot of you seem to have had sp… um… speech operations. You don’t, can’t talk or shout back or, I need some hostility here you know - Aughrhgh! YEAH! I need some feeling of some sort! Yeah! Some collective, you know – “Hey we’re all alive at the same time at once!,” you know…

Well, as it’s Sunday tomorrow, I hope you’ll join me…

Sound of the Sinners

Joe: Yeah ah… I s’pose, uh… You don’t wanna hear me goin’ about this and that, what’s up my ass, huh? Try this on for size, “Well, Hi Everybody - Ain’t it groovy?!” Ain’t ya sick’a hearin’ that for the last hundred and fifty years? Look, I know you’re all standing there looking at the stage, but I’m here to tell you that the people that are on this stage and that have been on it already - we’re at nowhere! Absolutely nowhere! Can you understand that?

Safe European Home
White Riot

daredevil
Unknown Immortal

Post by daredevil »

oldmem wrote:
bazarboy75 wrote:Hi all

Thanks in advance

Bboy
Joe: And making sure that those people in the crowd who have children there is something left here for them later in the centuries

London Calling
This is Radio Clash

Joe: US Army Style!

Somebody Got Murdered

(Lyric variations:)

Joe: Sounds like Murder! those shouts / [are they playin’?] / Shout / Yeah well they must be a hang down barking down that lonesome old freeway [now] all y’all got those pump backs guns stashing all the way hey go night style hey go night style burn, burn it away! Hey you know what I say watch yourself tonight burn it away

Joe: Yeah, I know there’s s’posed to be… I know the human race is s’posed to get down on its knees in front of all of this new technology and kiss the micro-chip circuits - it doesn’t impress me ever much! When there ain’t nothin’ but a, “YOU BUY! YOU MAKE – YOU BUY – YOU DIE!” That’s the motto of America. “YOU GET BONDS AND BUY IT!” And I tell you, those people out in East L.A., they ain’t gonna stay there forever. And if there’s anything gonna be in the future, it’s gonna be from all parts of everything, not just one white way down the middle of the road! So if anybody out there ever grows up – FOR FUCK’S SAKE!

Rock the Casbah

Paul: Guns of Brixton

Guns of Brixton

Paul: Strummer on Bass!

Joe: Yeah anybody out there – (interrupted by Mick starting the opening guitar riff to “Know Your Rights”)

Know Your Rights
Koka Kola
Hate and War

Joe: Okay, uh… This here song is now known as, “The F-plan Beverly Hills Reggae Song!”

Armagideon Time

Freestyle:

Joe: Hey! A lotta people - Eeeyayeeyayeeyayee A lotta people – Use a calculator What ! A lot of people sittin’ down by the light - A lot of people can’t get no [hope] to go tonight - One more thing to say – an’ I’m a start with a… THE ETHIOPIAN DIET! LOSE FIVE HUNDRED POUNDS! Success Guaranteed OR YOUR MONEY BACK! YES, YOUR MONEY BACK! Yes or your money back…

Joe: Yeah, there’s a new English bloke on the drums here. He’s called Peter Howard.

(Comments on instrumental or lyrical performance: Strummer uses “Easter time” instead of his usual, “Christmas Time.”)

Bullocks! Bullocks! Come on, don’t, you don’t have to fake it I mean, man, he’s paying twenty-five dollars to go out there so uh… you know, do what you like.

Also um… a lot of you seem to have had sp… um… speech operations. You don’t, can’t talk or shout back or, I need some hostility here you know - Aughrhgh! YEAH! I need some feeling of some sort! Yeah! Some collective, you know – “Hey we’re all alive at the same time at once!,” you know…

Well, as it’s Sunday tomorrow, I hope you’ll join me…

Sound of the Sinners

Joe: Yeah ah… I s’pose, uh… You don’t wanna hear me goin’ about this and that, what’s up my ass, huh? Try this on for size, “Well, Hi Everybody - Ain’t it groovy?!” Ain’t ya sick’a hearin’ that for the last hundred and fifty years? Look, I know you’re all standing there looking at the stage, but I’m here to tell you that the people that are on this stage and that have been on it already - we’re at nowhere! Absolutely nowhere! Can you understand that?

Safe European Home
White Riot
Reading Joe's US Festival speeches, is just as fun as listening to 'em.
Thanks for the post, some of mine were slightly incorrect.
Last edited by daredevil on 19 Nov 2008, 12:35am, edited 1 time in total.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

oldmem wrote:
i liked that one
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

"Bullocks! Bullocks!"

It wasnt a bloodstock auction !!

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal