clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 388
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by deny » 26 Jul 2018, 12:41pm

Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:23pm
More evidence to support my theory that 1978 was the worst year for Clash togs.
I didn't think that you would need evidence for that TBH :mrgreen:

I still can't get over there look in 1985 too - Joe's bumbag?? :yuck:
Joining the Street Parade

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Heston » 26 Jul 2018, 12:56pm

deny wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:41pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:23pm
More evidence to support my theory that 1978 was the worst year for Clash togs.
I didn't think that you would need evidence for that TBH :mrgreen:

I still can't get over there look in 1985 too - Joe's bumbag?? :yuck:
Joe's white suit and mohawk was puke-inducing. And don't even get me started on Paul's leather trousers and snood.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20711
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by matedog » 26 Jul 2018, 1:03pm

drowninghere wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:09pm
Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 10:10am
Heston wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 8:37pm
Someone posted this on Facebook, a rare pic from this era...

cl.jpg
LOVE the style in this photo, Mick looks sharp as hell.
totally agree - love this era Mick - also see Marky's photo on his CD for Tucson (both Joe and Mick look great)
What, you are being sincere? He looks like a dorky engineer.

Hey Marky, I assumed the 83 boots you posted had photos from Combat Rock tour. Can you confirm if those pics are from 82 or 83?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 562
Joined: 28 Jun 2008, 1:19am

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by drowninghere » 26 Jul 2018, 1:45pm

matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 1:03pm
drowninghere wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:09pm
Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 10:10am
Heston wrote:
25 Jul 2018, 8:37pm
Someone posted this on Facebook, a rare pic from this era...

cl.jpg
LOVE the style in this photo, Mick looks sharp as hell.
totally agree - love this era Mick - also see Marky's photo on his CD for Tucson (both Joe and Mick look great)
What, you are being sincere? He looks like a dorky engineer.

Hey Marky, I assumed the 83 boots you posted had photos from Combat Rock tour. Can you confirm if those pics are from 82 or 83?
Yes actually - I thought Flex was being sincere too?? Anyways, I sort of see your point but quite like it nonetheless.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26419
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Flex » 26 Jul 2018, 3:54pm

I was being sincere. I think the belt is a nice touch too. Mick is better off leaning into the dorky engineer look than some of his other fashion iterations, imho.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Heston » 26 Jul 2018, 4:09pm

deny wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:41pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:23pm
More evidence to support my theory that 1978 was the worst year for Clash togs.
I didn't think that you would need evidence for that TBH :mrgreen:
Some on here have cited 1982 as a worse year sartorially.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78255
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jul 2018, 4:10pm

Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 3:54pm
I was being sincere. I think the belt is a nice touch too. Mick is better off leaning into the dorky engineer look than some of his other fashion iterations, imho.
Other fashion iterations = Big Audio Dynamite
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Heston » 26 Jul 2018, 4:23pm

Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 4:09pm
deny wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:41pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 12:23pm
More evidence to support my theory that 1978 was the worst year for Clash togs.
I didn't think that you would need evidence for that TBH :mrgreen:
Some on here have cited 1982 as a worse year sartorially.
...and musically, actually. :shifty:
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Heston » 26 Jul 2018, 4:25pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 4:10pm
Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 3:54pm
I was being sincere. I think the belt is a nice touch too. Mick is better off leaning into the dorky engineer look than some of his other fashion iterations, imho.
Other fashion iterations = Big Audio Dynamite
I quite liked in 1986 spy look, but in general, yeah. I can't even bring myself to think about the Megatop Phoenix cover.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20711
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by matedog » 26 Jul 2018, 5:08pm

Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 3:54pm
I was being sincere. I think the belt is a nice touch too. Mick is better off leaning into the dorky engineer look than some of his other fashion iterations, imho.
The belt is the only mildly edgy thing.

Wear a full button down shirt for god's sake.
Image

Short sleeved collared shirt is about as wrong for a rocker as shorts.
Image
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26419
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Flex » 26 Jul 2018, 5:27pm

matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:08pm
Short sleeved collared shirt is about as wrong for a rocker as shorts.
Eh, not necessarily. That 60s/70s skinhead look is sharp as hell - probably about as good as fashion subculture has ever got, imho. Doesn't get much more rock n roll than a fred perry polo, imho.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28263
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Heston » 26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm

matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:08pm
Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 3:54pm
I was being sincere. I think the belt is a nice touch too. Mick is better off leaning into the dorky engineer look than some of his other fashion iterations, imho.
The belt is the only mildly edgy thing.

Wear a full button down shirt for god's sake.
Image

Short sleeved collared shirt is about as wrong for a rocker as shorts.
Image
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78255
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Dr. Medulla » 26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm

Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20711
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by matedog » 26 Jul 2018, 6:28pm

Flex wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:27pm
matedog wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:08pm
Short sleeved collared shirt is about as wrong for a rocker as shorts.
Eh, not necessarily. That 60s/70s skinhead look is sharp as hell - probably about as good as fashion subculture has ever got, imho. Doesn't get much more rock n roll than a fred perry polo, imho.
Pics plz.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39019
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread » 26 Jul 2018, 6:31pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 6:15pm
Heston wrote:
26 Jul 2018, 5:56pm
To be fair, we are criticizing Mick here and Don is standing in the background with a leopardskin fucking waistcoat on.
A band that looked best on radio.
You rang? Seriously guys just stick to making good music and releasing records with no chairs on the cover.
Attachments
wire-band-2-770x470.jpg
wire-band-2-770x470.jpg (58.65 KiB) Viewed 723 times
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests