The first time you heard CtC

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The first time you heard CtC

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:My story was pretty much like Dr. M's.
Gen X powers, activate!
Kill the Millenials!
Hey, Hoy, I've got a cup of Bruce juice for you. (Get ready, J, take him out at the knees.)
Done. I'm already dressed as an Asian chick holding a bowl of brown rice.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

JennyB wrote:Done. I'm already dressed as an Asian chick holding a bowl of brown rice.
Well, that was a spit-take.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
JennyB wrote:Done. I'm already dressed as an Asian chick holding a bowl of brown rice.
Ditto infinitum.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Ditto infinitum.
In all seriousness, it makes my day when I make you guys laugh. You all are so witty and hilarious, that on the rare occasion I say something funny, it makes me happy. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Ditto infinitum.
In all seriousness, it makes my day when I make you guys laugh. You all are so witty and hilarious, that on the rare occasion I say something funny, it makes me happy. :mrgreen:
Aw shucks, ma'am. All you have to do is watch old Dean Martin roasts and the New WKRP, then crib shamelessly.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Wolter wrote:
Ditto infinitum.
Aw shucks, ma'am. All you have to do is watch old Dean Martin roasts and the New WKRP, then crib shamelessly.
Or just make fun of Hoy. That is comedy gold!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Wolter wrote:
Okay, okay, that was good.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I approve of your most recently listened to songs, Hoy. :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

To this day I have never seen a copy of CTC in Oklahoma (other than the one I bought). I was 16 and had all the other albums, FHTE, Story Of..., SBMC, COB, etc. I had to hear this final scrap of music from the Clash. So I scoured the record stores in Norman and Southern OKC. I gave in and special ordered the damn thing. I had great anticipation and waited a few weeks. Didn't come went to the store they said it was on back order. Three months later it showed up. I grabbed my older bro because his car had a cd player. We drove to Norman, I jumped out bought the thing and jumped back in the car as fast as possible. I put it in. The drums? What's wrong with them? My brothers says "This sounds shitty" and I tell him with all confidence "It'll get better it's just an intro." The guitars and verses of Dictator give me some hope but by the time the musical exsanguination of the chorus hits I know it is never getting better. I listened to it that day and put it away for about 3 years.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Bankrobber wrote:To this day I have never seen a copy of CTC in Oklahoma (other than the one I bought). I was 16 and had all the other albums, FHTE, Story Of..., SBMC, COB, etc. I had to hear this final scrap of music from the Clash. So I scoured the record stores in Norman and Southern OKC. I gave in and special ordered the damn thing. I had great anticipation and waited a few weeks. Didn't come went to the store they said it was on back order. Three months later it showed up. I grabbed my older bro because his car had a cd player. We drove to Norman, I jumped out bought the thing and jumped back in the car as fast as possible. I put it in. The drums? What's wrong with them? My brothers says "This sounds shitty" and I tell him with all confidence "It'll get better it's just an intro." The guitars and verses of Dictator give me some hope but by the time the musical exsanguination of the chorus hits I know it is never getting better. I listened to it that day and put it away for about 3 years.
Cut the Crap: Breaking the hearts of street kids looking to start a revolution.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The first time I heard CTC I was busy programming a drum machine in Munich.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Safe European Home
Junco Partner

Post by Safe European Home »

Heston wrote:I bought it on vinyl the day it was released. It was the first Clash album released since I'd gotten into them, so I was very excited, especially after hearing the This Is England single. I rushed home on the bus, slightly confused by the wretched sleeve and the sinister inner-sleeve communique.

I distinctly remember the opening bars of Dictator, and thinking there was something wrong with my copy, there seemed to be eight songs going on at once. My eyebrows suddenly raised at the first off-key horn squonk, and I realized this was no London Calling.

In time I grew to like it, though it was really put in the shade by the first BAD album at the time.
You must of been excited the first time you heard it hes...ya know because theres no drummer.
IMCT-the funniest guys on the breadline

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

There was no first time for me. I have always known CtC, as CtC has always existed. I was born knowing it.

Pity me.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Bought it on vinyl a couple of days after it came out. I had already bought the This Is England which was so-so, but I was never crazy about most of the Clash's singles anyway (the foldout poster was kinda cool, though). I took it home & immediately played it once, then I played it again. I probably listened to it a handful of times over the next couple of weeks but other than that it hasn't graced my turntable since 1985. My Second biggest musical purchase disappointment (the first being X's" Ain't Love Grand").
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

rcs
Unknown Immortal

Post by rcs »

JoseUnidos wrote:My Second biggest musical purchase disappointment (the first being X's" Ain't Love Grand").
Burning House of Love is aces, though
If you don't hate the Clash, you don't love them enough - Olaf