Full Palladium gig with station idents and DJ comments

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
LTC
Corner Soul

Full Palladium gig with station idents and DJ comments

Post by LTC »

I have the full Palladium gig with station idents, DJ comments and extra Joe comments at the beginning of Police and Thieves, is on good old fashioned cassette tape. i haven't a clue how to upload it but if any of you know how to do it I will gladly send you a copy if you can somehow get your address to me.

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: Full Palladium gig with station idents and DJ comments

Post by matedog »

LTC wrote:I have the full Palladium gig with station idents, DJ comments and extra Joe comments at the beginning of Police and Thieves, is on good old fashioned cassette tape. i haven't a clue how to upload it but if any of you know how to do it I will gladly send you a copy if you can somehow get your address to me.
Are you US or UK?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

LTC
Corner Soul

Post by LTC »

Uk my friend

rocketstern
Dirty Punk

Post by rocketstern »

can your upload please :mrgreen:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

rocketstern wrote:can your upload please :mrgreen:
Sounds like it needs a tape transfer first before it can be digitized.

APB for the limey traders!

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
rocketstern wrote:can your upload please :mrgreen:
Sounds like it needs a tape transfer first before it can be digitized.

APB for the limey traders!
He's sending me the tape to arrive early next week. I'm due to digitize some tapes, so I'll throw this in with it.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

LTC
Corner Soul

Post by LTC »

BTW people the sound is as clear as G.O.B. so when mate gets this tape and uploads it you are all in for a real treat :mrgreen:

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

Showing my ignorance of specific Clash shows: which Palladium?
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

LTC
Corner Soul

Post by LTC »

The legendary one at The New York Palladium 21/9/79 which was recorded by NY radio station WNEW FM and the London Calling album cover is from this gig which is probably the most widely available gig out there in many forms on vinyl and CD, but this version has the WNEW FM station idents splattered throughout the gig and DJ comments at the beginning of the show and before and after the encore trax which is very rare and runs about 7 minutes longer than any other version.

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf »

Cool. Looking forward to that, thanks for sharing.
Who pfaffed the pfaff? Who got pfaffed tonight?

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

LTC wrote:The legendary one at The New York Palladium 21/9/79 which was recorded by NY radio station WNEW FM and the London Calling album cover is from this gig which is probably the most widely available gig out there in many forms on vinyl and CD, but this version has the WNEW FM station idents splattered throughout the gig and DJ comments at the beginning of the show and before and after the encore trax which is very rare and runs about 7 minutes longer than any other version.
Can you hear the guitar smash about 2 mins in to White Riot like you can on the widely circulating boot ?

CorwoodRep
Unknown Immortal

Post by CorwoodRep »

LTC wrote:The legendary one at The New York Palladium 21/9/79 which was recorded by NY radio station WNEW FM and the London Calling album cover is from this gig which is probably the most widely available gig out there in many forms on vinyl and CD, but this version has the WNEW FM station idents splattered throughout the gig and DJ comments at the beginning of the show and before and after the encore trax which is very rare and runs about 7 minutes longer than any other version.
Ah. A classic.
"Put down the meth, boy." - TeddyB, 2013.

pjn
Dirty Punk

Post by pjn »

I have this tape too.
Joe does his own station ident ," this is S.H.I.T radio".

As the radio presenter dramatically describes the drum sticks flying into the crowd and the band filing past him Mick shouts " bollocks ya cunt"
as he passes him and the guy says " yeah alright" .
Makes me laugh every time .
Great recording.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

I think I remember that "and this *is* radio station *W.*S.H.I.T." part but I can't remember that other part.

*edited
Last edited by Chuck Mangione on 20 Jul 2011, 2:46pm, edited 1 time in total.

LTC
Corner Soul

Post by LTC »

The 1st part where Joe Says "This is radio W-S-H-I-T coming from New York City" is on all boots, the 2nd part where the presenter says "As the drumsticks go hurtling to the crowd" and Mick's "Bollocks ya cunt" is indeed only on the boot with all the extra comments.