New Mick biog

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: New Mick biog

Post by Heston »

My copy arrived today. Looks more substantial than I thought it would be, will report my findings later.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:My copy arrived today. Looks more substantial than I thought it would be, will report my findings later.
I'm gonna kill my postman. Wait you get post on a Sunday?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:My copy arrived today. Looks more substantial than I thought it would be, will report my findings later.
Amazon must deliver on a Sunday as my neighbour told me it had just arrived when she handed it over. Unless she had been reading it this last week.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Amazon must deliver on a Sunday as my neighbour told me it had just arrived when she handed it over. Unless she had been reading it this last week.
:lol:

Probably get mine on Monday.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston

Post by Heston »

Spotted a couple of mistakes/typos already. I would have proof read it for a free copy.

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

Heston wrote:Spotted a couple of mistakes/typos already. I would have proof read it for a free copy.
(Chris) "Salewitz" for one. Sloppy.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Heston wrote:Spotted a couple of mistakes/typos already. I would have proof read it for a free copy.
Yeah that's not how you spell Sandwich.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

ClashCityHammer.
Corner Soul

Post by ClashCityHammer. »

Hello everyone,finally got round to registering. Was at the book launch last night. Mick O'Shea did a reading but unfortunately nobody thought to bring a microphone so very difficult to hear him over the conversation and shouts of be quiet. Ray Gange did a DJ set (always nice to see him) and the book was on sale for a tenner and people could get them signed. On a less pleasant note the twat who kept putting his phone a few inches from my niece's face and taking pictures of her is lucky I didn't see him do it. Not the sort of behaviour you expect at Clash gatherings.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Marky Dread wrote:
BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Yeah that's not how you spell Sandwich.
The writer wasn't careful there. He sailed his wits away.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ClashCityHammer. wrote:Hello everyone,finally got round to registering. Was at the book launch last night. Mick O'Shea did a reading but unfortunately nobody thought to bring a microphone so very difficult to hear him over the conversation and shouts of be quiet. Ray Gange did a DJ set (always nice to see him) and the book was on sale for a tenner and people could get them signed. On a less pleasant note the twat who kept putting his phone a few inches from my niece's face and taking pictures of her is lucky I didn't see him do it. Not the sort of behaviour you expect at Clash gatherings.
Nice to see all the training is finally paying off. Good work Chuck. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

ClashCityHammer. wrote:Hello everyone,finally got round to registering. Was at the book launch last night. Mick O'Shea did a reading but unfortunately nobody thought to bring a microphone so very difficult to hear him over the conversation and shouts of be quiet. Ray Gange did a DJ set (always nice to see him) and the book was on sale for a tenner and people could get them signed. On a less pleasant note the twat who kept putting his phone a few inches from my niece's face and taking pictures of her is lucky I didn't see him do it. Not the sort of behaviour you expect at Clash gatherings.
Shame about that muppet with the phone.

I'm half way through the book and really enjoying it. It's nice to know what is actually on the London SS tape and all the early info with The Derelicts/Little Queenie appears to be well researched. Would love to hear the 7'' acetate/demo of "You Know It Ain't Easy/Hurry" by The Derelicts and the London SS tape with the three covers of Ramblin' Rose (MC5), Roadrunner (Modern Lovers) and Night Time (The Strangeloves).

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Did the Delinquents ever record anything?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chuck Mangione wrote:Did the Delinquents ever record anything?
Ha! they sure did 7'' acetate/demo of "You Know It Ain't Easy/Hurry". Did you spot my playing or were you unsure. I was teasing with The Derelicts if you listen to the preamble on the Beaconsfield tapes you can hear Mick complaining that someone said he looked like the guitar player from The Derelicts. I was listening to the Beaconsfield session while reading the book. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BR16ADE_R055E
Unknown Immortal

Post by BR16ADE_R055E »

BR16ADE_R055E wrote:
Another one: Megatop Phoenix is B.A.D.'s fourth, not third, album.

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione »

Marky Dread wrote:
Nice to see all the training is finally paying off. Good work Chuck. :mrgreen:
I'm giving up typing like the old Chuck until the Clash release a Bonds live cd. Just anything at this point in time.

Addendum: The only time I write a paragraph that long is when I talk about the Vultures song "I Ain't Got No Home" and ask for it to be found and put on a fan-made bootleg. I think also when I used to be ImSoBoredWiththeUSA. I'm mostly one liners, lately. I'm still working on that bootleg too. I'm out for today. #pills
Last edited by Chuck Mangione on 01 Jul 2015, 7:55pm, edited 1 time in total.