No 10 Upping St 12 inch mixes

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: No 10 Upping St 12 inch mixes

Post by oliver »

Still216 wrote:The LP had different mixes of several tracks, V Thirteen and HB being the most noticeable.
Was this the version released as the single or third version?
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

oliver wrote:
Still216 wrote:The LP had different mixes of several tracks, V Thirteen and HB being the most noticeable.
Was this the version released as the single or third version?
It was the single version.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

Thanks a LOT Still216! :approve:
Still216 wrote:Here's the original LP version of No 10 Upping St shared on IMCT back in 2008 or 2009. I don't recall the original file format or quality - I burned it as an audio CD-R and then deleted the original files. I uploaded the CD-R here in bin/cue format to avoid adding a lossy generation to it.

The Peter O'Toole sample you mention is intact on this version of Hollywood Boulevard.

https://mega.nz/#!F9lgDShQ!sU2KYCNTn7QH ... ZdWho3SBJI

SteveSatch
Junco Partner

Post by SteveSatch »

The CD was released later than the LP and cassette, but I thought the first CD release (with two extra tracks) had the original mixes and the CD release with three extra tracks did not have the original mixes but maybe I am remembering it wrong. It's been a long time. It's a very different sounding mix of the songs.

Still216 wrote:I'm pretty sure the No 10 CD was released after the LP, they weren't released concurrently. The LP had different mixes of several tracks, V Thirteen and HB being the most noticeable. The No 10 CD contained alternate versions of those two songs, plus the three extended instrumental mixes at the end.

My understanding is that the original version of No 10 was never released officially on CD, at least in the US.