Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Ed Roach
Corner Soul

Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Post by Ed Roach »

I can't seem to find anything on the set lists for each of the shows used for Ally Pally Paradiso...
Does anyone have a link to the audio for both shows in full?
Thanks!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Re: Paradiso/Alexandra Palace show set lists...

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Ed, I don't have a current link to digitized files of these but here are the set lists for the two shows Ally Pally was compiled from:

Amsterdam Paradiso 25.3.90: E=MC2, Baby Don't Apologize, City Lights, James Brown, Free, Battle of the All Saints Road, Hollywood Boulevard (Cuts Out), Other 99 (Cuts In), Contact, The Bottom Line & 1999, followed by a closing jam introducing the new band members.
=
Alexandra Palace 10.8.90: Change of Atmosphere (aka Rush), Hollywood Boulevard, Baby Don't Apologize, Can't Wait, Battle of the All Saints Road, City Lights, James Brown, Other 99, Contact, E=MC2 & The Bottom Line.

Both shows featured Nick Hawkins, Gary Stoneage and Chris Kavanagh. Dan Donovan played keyboards in Amsterdam. Andre Shapps didn't appear live until '92, so samples at Ally Pally were executed offstage.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by TeddyB Not Logged In on 21 Jul 2016, 5:46am, edited 1 time in total.

Ed Roach
Corner Soul

Post by Ed Roach »

Thanks Teddy, you're an incredibly valuable resource!!

For the 'Ally Pally Paradiso' album, which show were the following songs from, as they played them at both...
E=MC2
Baby, Don't Apologize
City Lights
The Battle Of All Saint's Road
Contact

Thanks again!

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Now that would be something to get both shows in pristine form...one can wish

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:Amsterdam Paradiso 25.3.90: E=MC2, Baby Don't Apologize, City Lights, James Brown, Free, Battle of the All Saints Road, Other 99, Contact, The Bottom Line & 1999.
=
Alexandra Palace 10.8.90: Change of Atmosphere (aka Rush), Hollywood Boulevard, Baby Don't Apologize, Can't Wait, Battle of the All Saints Road, City Lights, James Brown, Other 99, Contact, E=MC2 & The Bottom Line.
I always assumed these shows were days apart - not months.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

You just may trip upon two sets out there for the grabbing soon. Further investigation reveals Ally Pally was recorded to two track on the Fleetwood Mobile. The Paradiso show is a soundboard, though interesting as it appears to be Dan Donovan's last and they stretch out on a few songs. By the London debut, they'd been working on Kool Aid and brought in new ones such as Can't Wait and Change of Atmosphere/Rush. Then everyone can compare the edits and sample overdubs on the official bootleg.

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

I can't remember if it was said that Mick had contractual obligations to honour, but I often think BAD 2 would have been taken more seriously had they called themselves something else completely, and not relied on the BAD back catalogue to play live. The packaging of Rush with the SISOSIG Levi's release probably didn't help their cause in terms of credibility either.

Even now, on the very occasional times I listen, I do so with 'yes, but it's not really BAD' ears.

I wonder if there were any similarities between Dan's two departures? One can but speculate.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

TeddyB Not Logged In wrote:You just may trip upon two sets out there for the grabbing soon. Further investigation reveals Ally Pally was recorded to two track on the Fleetwood Mobile. The Paradiso show is a soundboard, though interesting as it appears to be Dan Donovan's last and they stretch out on a few songs. By the London debut, they'd been working on Kool Aid and brought in new ones such as Can't Wait and Change of Atmosphere/Rush. Then everyone can compare the edits and sample overdubs on the official bootleg.
Sounds good!

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

This is a link to a page featuring eleven WAV files from the Alexandra Palace:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/i33ilc

I'm sure this isn't the best way to put these out there but maybe someone more savvy can grab these and put them up in a better way. If this works we can try the Amsterdam gig.
Alexandra Palace '90.jpg
Alexandra Palace '90.jpg (388.94 KiB) Viewed 5949 times

topperville
Dirty Punk

Post by topperville »

Thanks Teddy but the link only has one track?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Marky Dread wrote:Cheers Teddy I've grabbed the first 6 now have to wait a further 11 hours before I can grab the rest. Sendspace!!! Will try again in an hour or so. ;)
With Sendspace it takes a minute or so for them to detect you're downloading so you can get 4 or 5 going at the same time before it will say 'you can only download one at a time'

I uploaded tracks 6 --> 11 (one file) at https://mega.nz/#!A101HB5B!0pw53nhNVwz6 ... ou4Sdgv7w0
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

oliver wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:Cheers Teddy I've grabbed the first 6 now have to wait a further 11 hours before I can grab the rest. Sendspace!!! Will try again in an hour or so. ;)
With Sendspace it takes a minute or so for them to detect you're downloading so you can get 4 or 5 going at the same time before it will say 'you can only download one at a time'

I uploaded tracks 6 --> 11 (one file) at https://mega.nz/#!A101HB5B!0pw53nhNVwz6 ... ou4Sdgv7w0
:cool:

This sounds fantastic, I'm just re-editing and making artwork.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Thanks, guys. :cool: