Big Audio Dynamite Mick Jones Interview MTVE 04/07/88

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Big Audio Dynamite Mick Jones Interview MTVE 04/07/88

Post by Marky Dread »

MarkyJacobs wrote:This interview must be very shortly before Mick got ill?
Correct.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

I was converting Mark's FLAC files to mp3 in Audacity and messed up the exporting so I ended up with 12 tracks of the entire album playing at once. I pressed play as I left the house and I was surprised to find - hey presto! - I had accidentally created Big Audio Dynamite's Cut the Crap.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Marky Dread wrote:
MarkyJacobs wrote:This interview must be very shortly before Mick got ill?
Correct.
From what Esmark has listed for gigs on his site, the interview looks to be about two or so weeks before Mick got sick. They did however manage to play possibly nine shows before he went down. Shame more recordings don't exist from this time, the 88 shows are great. Speaking of which, I did find a guy on the BAD facebook group who has a copy of a Barrowlands gig from 88. Said he would share it but never got back to me. Maybe one of you with some better luck could try getting in touch with him.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

River wrote:I did find a guy on the BAD facebook group who has a copy of a Barrowlands gig from 88. Said he would share it but never got back to me. Maybe one of you with some better luck could try getting in touch with him.
Was he Scottish by any chance?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
River wrote:I did find a guy on the BAD facebook group who has a copy of a Barrowlands gig from 88. Said he would share it but never got back to me. Maybe one of you with some better luck could try getting in touch with him.
Yes, I believe so.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

River wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yes, I believe so.
This might be the same humble chap...

http://clashcity.com/boards/viewtopic.p ... t=scottish
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
River wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yes, I believe so.

Ah, yes. I remember this guy. Its a shame really. Theres not enough BAD boots out there. Especially with years like 87 where they played a lot of shows. Even from the 7 night stint at the Roxy. Nothing from that.

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

River wrote:
Heston wrote:
River wrote:
Heston wrote:
Yes, I believe so.

Ah, yes. I remember this guy. Its a shame really. Theres not enough BAD boots out there. Especially with years like 87 where they played a lot of shows. Even from the 7 night stint at the Roxy. Nothing from that.
There were plenty of boots made. One guy I used, could get any gig that you requested and have it available by a couple of weeks later . They have deteriated since only ones we have got today were I'm OK converted to digital. I have spent months and months of wages on bootlegs of BAD and depending on how easily pleased you are trust me they are not worth having. There is nothing to the quality of the Alexandra recording that Teddy has made available if they were I would have kept mine and shared them all today. The truth is they were painful to listen too and never ever got even close to what seeing them live was like the ones I owned were London based and festivals.

I think we have to pray that Don Letts will come to his senses and release his live recordings before we all get too old and don't care anymore. Now I bet they are truly awesome and I don't know what he's waiting for but he should let us hear them while everyone including band is alive and well to enjoy their brilliance.Being 30 years later my guess is that they will never see the light of day but then maybe he is already old enough to not care anymore.

manchester rocks
Dirty Punk

Post by manchester rocks »

who is the girl doing the interview?....isnt she on the play that music vid?