Kool aid album

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Kool aid album

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 7:50pm
Kory wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 7:32pm
eumaas wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 9:47am
oliver wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 9:45am
eumaas wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 6:09pm
I've never actually heard Kool Aid. Is it all that different? I've been on a BAD kick lately.
https://mega.nz/#!FodgSCJZ!o-RiHCuiMaGK ... -pWEEBKNaI
Appreciate it, but someone else got it to me. I'm looking forward to hearing it.
IT WAS MEEEEE

Kool Aid is notable to me for having a different version of the single-only "Free," a song that I quite like and was first made aware of on Planet BAD.
I've only got a basic 128 mp3 copy. Hook a brother up?
On it.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

What's wrong with Discogs? Plenty of cheap copies there.

It's not a great album, but it deserves better than mp3.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 5:28pm

This really ought not to matter to anyone.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

you can buy kool aid on cassette for a, ahem, cool $2.96+shipping
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 6:12pm
you can buy kool aid on cassette for a, ahem, cool $2.96+shipping
Times like this I miss rcs' presence so we could throw in a wax cylinder joke.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 5:59pm
MarkyJacobs wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 5:28pm

This really ought not to matter to anyone.
Au contraire, Rodney, au contraire.

Carpentologist
Dirty Punk

Post by Carpentologist »

Ah, the Kool Aid album brings back memories for me! I was 17 years old late 1990 when it came out and I loved it, having been too young for The Clash it was an extremely active period for the bands former members; Mick with BAD II, Joe with the Pogues even Simmo with Havana 3AM...
I remember liking The Globe when it came out but not as much as Kool Aid, the longer versions made the songs seem more epic to me! But The Globe went nuts in Australia, Rush and The Globe single both were number 1’s, saw them 3 times at the Coogee Bay Hotel, hanging with the band in the Beergarden, getting the 👌 from Mick when I had Ray Jordan remove a young girl from the pit (there was an actual pit) because she was getting crushed against the barrier!
Ah, to be late teens again eh? When is someone going to invent one of those time machine thingys?!

MarkyJacobs
Junco Partner

Post by MarkyJacobs »

Carpentologist wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 1:50am

Ah, to be late teens again eh? When is someone going to invent one of those time machine thingys?!
A nice, sincere post.

But:

If I had my time again... I would do it all differently...

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

MarkyJacobs wrote:
19 Jun 2018, 9:37am
Carpentologist wrote:

A nice, sincere post.

But:

If I had my time again... I would do it all differently...
I think you shouldn't underestimate how important our failures are as well as our successes . Which is a little bit what that song is about .

dave202
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by dave202 »

Carpentologist wrote:
Ah, the Kool Aid album brings back memories for me! I was 17 years old late 1990 when it came out and I loved it, having been too young for The Clash it was an extremely active period for the bands former members; Mick with BAD II, Joe with the Pogues even Simmo with Havana 3AM...
I remember liking The Globe when it came out but not as much as Kool Aid, the longer versions made the songs seem more epic to me! But The Globe went nuts in Australia, Rush and The Globe single both were number 1’s, saw them 3 times at the Coogee Bay Hotel, hanging with the band in the Beergarden, getting the 👌 from Mick when I had Ray Jordan remove a young girl from the pit (there was an actual pit) because she was getting crushed against the barrier!
I remember seeing an ad for The Globe as a double cd with Ally Pally as the second disc, and I'm pretty sure it was an Australian special to tie in with a tour. Does this ring any bells?

NoMoreHugh
Long Time Jerk
Location: Home is a black leather jacket fitting sweetly to my brain

Post by NoMoreHugh »

dave202 wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 7:01pm
Carpentologist wrote:
I remember seeing an ad for The Globe as a double cd with Ally Pally as the second disc, and I'm pretty sure it was an Australian special to tie in with a tour. Does this ring any bells?
That was for the globe and the ally pally release was a poor sound . TeddyB version was much better as it was untouched soundboard and sounds brilliant

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

dave202 wrote:
I was very happy to pick a copy of that up from M+VE in Notting Hill back in the day. I dread to think of the number of hours I put in going through the racks there (and the other smaller ones that were within walking distance)
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Carpentologist
Dirty Punk

Post by Carpentologist »

dave202 wrote:
Carpentologist wrote:
Sure does, still resides in my CD collection!

deny
Long Time Jerk

Post by deny »

Carpentologist wrote:
I went to see BAD II there too at one of those gigs at Selinas (?).
It was a surreal year for me = The Clash had been number 1 in the UK, as you say the international success of BAD and my team Leeds being the last team to win the first division.
PS If you find one of the Tardis things please let me know.
Joining the Street Parade