this is b.a.d. outake - electric vandal

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
sonnyburnit
Junco Partner

this is b.a.d. outake - electric vandal

Post by sonnyburnit »

Don played an unreleased b.a.d. track "electric vandal" (world exclusive) on this weeks culture clash mix. real catchy, one of those songs you'll be singing the chorus to after one listen...don does mention after the song that it will see the "light of day" later this year...not 100% sure he wasn't referencing the gregory issacs tune that followed but could we be looking at a "this is b.a.d." deluxe edition or something coming our way soon....i'd be down with that....teddy b, any insight? track is at the 35min mark, you can listen by clicking the link below and hittin' the listen again tab to the right of the page....a pretty sweet mix btw

http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/shows/don_l ... 0321.shtml

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Re: this is b.a.d. outake - electric vandal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Can anyone rip this? My computer is honking at the BBC's shitty RealAudio codec.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I'll ask Mick about it. As I've posted, there are several BAD outtakes, including a host of demos from the Upping St. period and some written for films. In the meantime, could someone rip it????

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Here we go

wav version

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMQCLEDH

mp3 192 kbps

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e387 ... f6e8ebb871

A question teddy.
Did you know if there is some megatop outtake exist somewhere ?

boxfresh09
Corner Soul

Re: this is b.a.d. outake - electric vandal / fog in a can??

Post by boxfresh09 »

At Mick's exhibition I did notice a rather interesting tracklisting for No 10 Upping street with lots of titles on there I had never seen before, perhaps teddy is hinting of even more tracks to follow or that these were just working titles for other songs? - Jumping forward 8 years or so another track listing highlighted a missing track from the "entering a new ride" period, final track on the set list was "fog in a can", now also on the shelves displaying micks collection were some rather interesting tins containing "Fog in a can" by Big Audio Dynamite, maybe Teddy can have a word with Mick to find out just what they are / were?? - loved the exhibition and would like to see it in an even bigger format one day, if you are planning to go don't miss out!

over & out

bf

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

I've got one of those tins with London Fog, but strangely enough I have no memory of a song by that name, though I have all the versions of Entering, from the first attempt recorded in the studio at North Acton, through the "final" mixes at Whitfield Street. Those songs were all sort of improvised out of DJ-style jams, so maybe it was an early title for something like Sunday Best? The tin reads "Genuine B.A.D. London Fog... By appointment to his majesty the Old Queen this can contains genuine London Fog. Passed down from generation to generation, breathed by our very own Guy Fawkes, Albert Steptoe and assorted street urchins this fog has been produced by only the finest taxis, buses and dodgy builders vans. Genuine L.O.N.D.O.N. Fog. Also available: London Water."

As I've posted, Mick's said there are six demos of Strummer/Jones songs written around the time of Upping Street (and perhaps afterwards, as the original plan was for Mick to work on an album for Joe). There are also around eight unreleased tracks written for films, plus the lyrics Joe gave Mick at the time of Global A-Go-Go that Mick put music to. None of them have vocals by Joe. The BAD demos have vocals by Mick. I suspect Mick is looking for a way/opportunity to release those but I've not heard anything specific.

Thanks for the rip Bazarboy! I've not got or specifically heard about Megatop outtakes. There are extra tracks from every other BAD album though, so I'd figure they must exist.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Cheers BB!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

bazarboy75 wrote:Here we go

wav version

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RMQCLEDH

mp3 192 kbps

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=e387 ... f6e8ebb871

A question teddy.
Did you know if there is some megatop outtake exist somewhere ?
Cheers pal. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

esmark
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by esmark »

aaah.... nice!!! finally some "new" BAD stuff. Made my week!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

esmark wrote:aaah.... nice!!! finally some "new" BAD stuff. Made my week!
Been playing it through a few times now can see why it was an outtake but it's still pretty cool stuff would make a great extra on a reissue This is B.A.D.. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Finally had the chance to listen (albeit through one ear) and it's a sweet little tune, kinda reminds me of some of the Rat Patrol stuff.

I noticed TT5 has posted on the C/S forum that this will be on a deluxe edition of TIBAD, due out in the summer. I hope this is true, and if so, they remedy the tinny mix that blights one of my favourite albums of all time.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:Finally had the chance to listen (albeit through one ear) and it's a sweet little tune, kinda reminds me of some of the Rat Patrol stuff.

I noticed TT5 has posted on the C/S forum that this will be on a deluxe edition of TIBAD, due out in the summer. I hope this is true, and if so, they remedy the tinny mix that blights one of my favourite albums of all time.
Yeah that tinny mix can go for sure.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Heston wrote:I noticed TT5 has posted on the C/S forum that this will be on a deluxe edition of TIBAD, due out in the summer. I hope this is true, and if so, they remedy the tinny mix that blights one of my favourite albums of all time.
Now this is exciting news!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
Heston wrote:I noticed TT5 has posted on the C/S forum that this will be on a deluxe edition of TIBAD, due out in the summer. I hope this is true, and if so, they remedy the tinny mix that blights one of my favourite albums of all time.
Agreed. If that album could be mixed right, I would enjoy the hell out of it.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Wolter wrote:
Flex wrote:
Agreed. If that album could be mixed right, I would enjoy the hell out of it.
Word. Assuming the mix is good/better this is something we need to encourage everyone to pick up a legit copy of. Shea can go rot, new mixes of BAD albums for all!
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!