Manchester 08.04.11

Mick Jones, Carbon/Silicon, BAD and cetera.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Manchester 08.04.11

Post by Heston »

I'm so excited

and I just can't hide it.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Purple Hayes
Unknown Immortal

Re: Manchester 08.04.11

Post by Purple Hayes »

Dancing Pumps packed and ready to go? Should be lively, I'm jealous....but Manchester can still go fuck itself until I calm down in a couple of days ;)
'People like Coldplay and people voted for the Nazi's, you can't trust people Jeremy':- Super Hans

'Hayes ... is one of the most godforsaken places I have ever struck. The population seems to be entirely made up of clerks who frequent tin-roofed chapels on Sundays and for the rest bolt themselves within doors.' - George Orwell

Heston

Post by Heston »

Purple Hayes wrote:Dancing Pumps packed and ready to go? Should be lively, I'm jealous....but Manchester can still go fuck itself until I calm down in a couple of days ;)
Got me Gallagher wig and umbrella packed, sorted. ;)
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
Purple Hayes wrote:Dancing Pumps packed and ready to go? Should be lively, I'm jealous....but Manchester can still go fuck itself until I calm down in a couple of days ;)
Got me Gallagher wig and umbrella packed, sorted. ;)
Dont forget to walk like a penguin and keep your hands behind your back.

Heston

Post by Heston »

Absolutely corking gig last night again, they seem to be getting even tighter. Better sound mix than Newcastle and a really appreciative crowd.

Saw Leo and Dan strolling in the sunshine(!) before the gig but didnt have my camera on me, typical.

laxman
Unknown Immortal

Post by laxman »

Heston wrote:I'm so excited

and I just can't hide it.
So that was you stood behind me and Mrs Laxman?!

Loved it. V13 was probably the highlight for me, but I thought all the Upping Street tracks were particularly good.

hkscot
Corner Soul

Post by hkscot »

Glasgow's crowd was amazing. Manchester's was just mental! Reminded me of the old days when being at the front meant being dry humped from behind, except now it's by some middle-aged fat, balding guys. What a thought! The things you have to put up with to see BAD these days. :oops:

Jonny Maverick
Corner Soul

Post by Jonny Maverick »

Awesome show, the smile on Mick's face said it all really, so nice to a 'reformed' band out there playing cos they enjoy the music and not just going thru the motions.

Hoping somebody taped the Manchester show maybe ?

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

I hope too

In some Don interview he said that nobody offer lot's of money for this reformation
I think is totally right

The band came back for the fan

But i hope they'll be some new material release....

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

Absolutely brilliant gig. Comparable to the shows I saw back in the '80's. Had a great weekend in Manchester.

Lot's of friendly BAD fans in the pubs and enjoyed chatting to a few people. Really hope the band stick together for a while. They've still got a lot to offer.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

sambadrome wrote: Really hope the band stick together for a while. They've still got a lot to offer.
I really hope too

sambadrome
Dirty Punk

Post by sambadrome »

A lot of the reviews have (quite rightly) pointed out that BAD are still relevant because musically they wbere way ahead of their time, and many of the issues addressed in their songs, be they social, political or economical, are still relevant today.

It's nice to see the band get an overdue appraisal, and it's wonderful to be able to watch them play live again. However, lets not forget that the reason why BAD's lyrics are still relevant is because not much has changed over the last 25 years.

The week before the Manchester show there was an EDL march in my hometown, so I found Mick's introduction to 'Sightsee MC' very timely.

These issues certainly need addressing because they aren't going away. Another reason why BAD need to stick around, I think.

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

Yeah i 100% understand mate

I hope that BAD get a bigger audience and spread the news !!!

The world of music changed since the 80's and in a way i feel that BAd could get a better spot now, a better place to star something news... Old and news

one way or another
something BAD !!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

Brilliant crowd shots on this one, though I haven't spotted myself in the throng yet. :mrgreen: Really captures the atmosphere of the gig, great performance too...

[youtube][/youtube]

Rich
Corner Soul

Post by Rich »

Excellent stuff! Truly does capture the gig (which was incredible, all you naysayers). "Dynimite", though?!! :huh: