Finally done it

Music/video/real estate bartering area.
Post Reply
deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Finally done it

Post by deny » 23 Aug 2018, 5:09pm

I have gone and bought the following after years of searching for the right ones:-

I have bought the Japanese tour book 1982 & the TIV single (bottom right)

Cheers
Attachments
Clash imports.jpg
Joining the Street Parade

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 27597
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: Finally done it

Post by Heston » 23 Aug 2018, 5:12pm

They look great, gets me thinking again about all the great singles they could have released from London Calling.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 23 Aug 2018, 5:13pm

Clash Japan book.jpg
Clash Japan book.jpg (6.08 KiB) Viewed 559 times
Joining the Street Parade

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 23 Aug 2018, 5:14pm

I'm hoping that my TIV single is in a lot better condition than the one shown.

You are right Heston - It is a shame that these are imports
Joining the Street Parade

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by laxman » 24 Aug 2018, 3:19am

Nice one. Just need a record player now!

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 24 Aug 2018, 3:26am

laxman wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 3:19am
Nice one. Just need a record player now!
Damn! I knew there was something.....
Joining the Street Parade

laxman
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1634
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:05pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by laxman » 24 Aug 2018, 3:35am

deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 3:26am
laxman wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 3:19am
Nice one. Just need a record player now!
Damn! I knew there was something.....
;)

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 24 Aug 2018, 10:40am

They have arrived today!

They look great & better than expected.

I have now put them safely away in a cupboard & probably won't see them again until I have a 'Mick' moment. :mrgreen:
Joining the Street Parade

Red Angel
User avatar
Dirty Punk
Posts: 93
Joined: 26 Sep 2013, 11:40am

Re: Finally done it

Post by Red Angel » 24 Aug 2018, 11:49am

Congratulations :cool:
The Future is Badly Written and it is not Clear

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 15999
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Finally done it

Post by 101Walterton » 24 Aug 2018, 4:53pm

deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 10:40am
They have arrived today!

They look great & better than expected.

I have now put them safely away in a cupboard & probably won't see them again until I have a 'Mick' moment. :mrgreen:
Haha sounds like me and my 2 Tone collection especially when I have just bought the same single for the third time because it has a different label 😂
Did you get all 4?

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 24 Aug 2018, 8:37pm

Red Angel wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 11:49am
Congratulations :cool:
Thank you
Joining the Street Parade

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 24 Aug 2018, 8:44pm

101Walterton wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 4:53pm
deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 10:40am
They have arrived today!

They look great & better than expected.

I have now put them safely away in a cupboard & probably won't see them again until I have a 'Mick' moment. :mrgreen:
Haha sounds like me and my 2 Tone collection especially when I have just bought the same single for the third time because it has a different label 😂
Did you get all 4?
No I already had the one with Topper from back in the day and now I have the one with Mick which I used to have that cover as a t-shirt.

Still after Joe & Paul but unless someone tells me differently copies of these in good condition seem hard to find?

If anyone can tell me where I can get them it would be much appreciated.

As for getting the same item, be it a record or otherwise, a number of times because it is slightly different or in a different form - well that is called collectoritis which is a condition that defies rationality. I know that I suffer from it :mrgreen:

Cheers
Joining the Street Parade

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 24 Aug 2018, 8:44pm

101Walterton wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 4:53pm
deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 10:40am
They have arrived today!

They look great & better than expected.

I have now put them safely away in a cupboard & probably won't see them again until I have a 'Mick' moment. :mrgreen:
Haha sounds like me and my 2 Tone collection especially when I have just bought the same single for the third time because it has a different label 😂
Did you get all 4?
No I already had the one with Topper from back in the day and now I have the one with Mick which I used to have that cover as a t-shirt.

Still after Joe & Paul but unless someone tells me differently copies of these in good condition seem hard to find?

If anyone can tell me where I can get them it would be much appreciated.

As for getting the same item, be it a record or otherwise, a number of times because it is slightly different or in a different form - well that is called collectoritis which is a condition that defies rationality. I know that I suffer from it :mrgreen:

Cheers
Joining the Street Parade

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 37548
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Finally done it

Post by Marky Dread » 30 Aug 2018, 9:39pm

deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 8:44pm
101Walterton wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 4:53pm
deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 10:40am
They have arrived today!

They look great & better than expected.

I have now put them safely away in a cupboard & probably won't see them again until I have a 'Mick' moment. :mrgreen:
Haha sounds like me and my 2 Tone collection especially when I have just bought the same single for the third time because it has a different label 😂
Did you get all 4?
No I already had the one with Topper from back in the day and now I have the one with Mick which I used to have that cover as a t-shirt.

Still after Joe & Paul but unless someone tells me differently copies of these in good condition seem hard to find?

If anyone can tell me where I can get them it would be much appreciated.

As for getting the same item, be it a record or otherwise, a number of times because it is slightly different or in a different form - well that is called collectoritis which is a condition that defies rationality. I know that I suffer from it :mrgreen:

Cheers
I used to own all four of them like a thousand years ago. I sold three of them I've only got the Mick one now which is still in mint condition.
"NIBBLED TO DEATH BY AN OKAPI"

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 304
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Finally done it

Post by deny » 31 Aug 2018, 3:36am

Marky Dread wrote:
30 Aug 2018, 9:39pm
deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 8:44pm
101Walterton wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 4:53pm
deny wrote:
24 Aug 2018, 10:40am
They have arrived today!

They look great & better than expected.

I have now put them safely away in a cupboard & probably won't see them again until I have a 'Mick' moment. :mrgreen:
Haha sounds like me and my 2 Tone collection especially when I have just bought the same single for the third time because it has a different label 😂
Did you get all 4?
No I already had the one with Topper from back in the day and now I have the one with Mick which I used to have that cover as a t-shirt.

Still after Joe & Paul but unless someone tells me differently copies of these in good condition seem hard to find?

If anyone can tell me where I can get them it would be much appreciated.

As for getting the same item, be it a record or otherwise, a number of times because it is slightly different or in a different form - well that is called collectoritis which is a condition that defies rationality. I know that I suffer from it :mrgreen:

Cheers
I used to own all four of them like a thousand years ago. I sold three of them I've only got the Mick one now which is still in mint condition.
Well hang on to it Marky because these singles in mint condition seem to be extremely rare
Joining the Street Parade

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests