Re: The Collectors Thread

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 11:32am
motorsmell wrote:
09 Mar 2024, 7:35pm
XRCF wrote:
02 Feb 2024, 10:16am
Got this off ebay a few days ago, came today.
Great boot
shame there was only 300 ever pressed mines 244/300
20240202_141455.jpg
very nice, however i would look to invest in a better turntable, try a Audio technica LP 3, even with the stock cart it comes with you will hear a great improvement in sound quality...then after a while upgrade the cart to a AM95NE

And also change the protective sleeve to a poly one as the pvc will leach in to the vinyl eventually....
otherwise nice work and glad you are spinning proper records
Would you be able to recommend the Audio-Technica AT-LP60XUSB? It's more in my price range
I'd stear clear mate, lp3 isn't too far off and far better.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
Great boot
20240202_141455.jpg
very nice, however i would look to invest in a better turntable, try a Audio technica LP 3, even with the stock cart it comes with you will hear a great improvement in sound quality...then after a while upgrade the cart to a AM95NE

And also change the protective sleeve to a poly one as the pvc will leach in to the vinyl eventually....
Would you be able to recommend the Audio-Technica AT-LP60XUSB? It's more in my price range
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/226053346805 ... media=COPY

This one is the new lp3 with Bluetooth (which I personally wouldn't bother using as it defeats the point of analog play back) it looks to be going fairly cheap. By the way the AT-LP3 isn't the best, but for the money I've been really impressed especially after upgrading the cart, a few mates have got one on my recommendation and have been very happy with the results. You could probably find a "better" vintage deck cheaper but it will likely need work doing to it which I wouldn't advise as you can quickly fall in to a money pit. The LP3 has good quality sound and is very easy to use, I've got 4 decks and mine has been excellent. Think I paid £220 new from richer sounds but that was a few years ago.

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

Here's the review that decided to get one for myself.
https://www.whathifi.com/audio-technica/lp3/review

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

motorsmell wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 2:15pm
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
Great boot
20240202_141455.jpg

This one is the new lp3 with Bluetooth (which I personally wouldn't bother using as it defeats the point of analog play back) it looks to be going fairly cheap. By the way the AT-LP3 isn't the best, but for the money I've been really impressed especially after upgrading the cart, a few mates have got one on my recommendation and have been very happy with the results. You could probably find a "better" vintage deck cheaper but it will likely need work doing to it which I wouldn't advise as you can quickly fall in to a money pit. The LP3 has good quality sound and is very easy to use, I've got 4 decks and mine has been excellent. Think I paid £220 new from richer sounds but that was a few years ago.
Thanks for the advice! :mrgreen:
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://xrcf.xyz/
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 3:30pm
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
Great boot
20240202_141455.jpg

1 day on that ebay listing....but the other one you mentioned wouldn't be much of an upgrade as to what you have. Any way, good luck, the hifi journey is infinite

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I've had this one around two years now and it's been excellent.

https://lenco.uk/products/lenco-l-3809b ... vUQAvD_BwE

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Sparky
Unknown Immortal

Post by Sparky »

I bought one of these back in 2007 when they were more reasonably priced, still going strong today.

https://www.audio-technica.com/en-us/at-pl120
God, what a mess, on the ladder of success
Where you take one step and miss the whole first rung

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

motorsmell wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 3:39pm
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

1 day on that ebay listing....but the other one you mentioned wouldn't be much of an upgrade as to what you have. Any way, good luck, the hifi journey is infinite
good news!
Thanks again for the advice i cant wait for it to come!
gg.PNG
gg.PNG (53.87 KiB) Viewed 747 times
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
26 Mar 2024, 6:55am
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:

good news!
gg.PNG
Nice

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:

good news!
gg.PNG
Curious to know what you think to the new turntable?

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

motorsmell wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 5:20pm
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

good news!
gg.PNG
Hasn't arrived yet, due next Wednesday.
Thanks for the interest, I'll be sure to update you when it arrives. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
29 Mar 2024, 11:14pm
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:

good news!
gg.PNG
Any good?

XRCF
Junco Partner

Post by XRCF »

motorsmell wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 12:13pm
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

good news!
gg.PNG
Any good?
If I'm gonna be honest, a pain in the arse, I just can't seem to get it set up right, I followed every guide online and everytime it scratches across every few seconds. I have gone back to my original one for now until I can take it into a shop and see what they can do.
ImageImage
My mega links never die!

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

XRCF wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 1:04pm
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:

good news!
gg.PNG
Any good?
If I'm gonna be honest, a pain in the arse, I just can't seem to get it set up right, I followed every guide online and everytime it scratches across every few seconds. I have gone back to my original one for now until I can take it into a shop and see what they can do.
Tracking force needs correction. I've sent a PM

motorsmell
Junco Partner

Post by motorsmell »

motorsmell wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 1:14pm
XRCF wrote:
05 Apr 2024, 1:04pm
motorsmell wrote:
XRCF wrote:
motorsmell wrote:

Any good?
Tracking force needs correction. I've sent a PM
If you have correctly set the tracking force to 2 grams and made sure the turntable is on a level surface, it may well be a dirty stylus, to clean get a clean bit of blue tack and with the table turned off (unplugged) put a blob of blu tack on the platter so you can carefully (use the lever) drop the stylus in and out of the blu tack, do not apply any force to this and don't move the stylus apart from carefully up and down with the Lever, the tack will clean the stylus nicely. Just be very careful, don't bend the stylus by moving it from side to side!