Jeopardy

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Jeopardy

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:The category was bands made from the periodic table and the clue was

Chlorine - Arsenic - Hydrogen
Cap'n Geech & The Shrimp Shack Shooters?
THAT IS INSANE. I just watched TTYD! on Sunday. I have the strangest Television Telepathy.
I seriously love that flick. It suffered from deceptive promotion, making it sound like a fun bit of 60s nostalgia, when it had a darker undertone.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
tepista wrote:The category was bands made from the periodic table and the clue was

THAT IS INSANE. I just watched TTYD! on Sunday. I have the strangest Television Telepathy.
I seriously love that flick. It suffered from deceptive promotion, making it sound like a fun bit of 60s nostalgia, when it had a darker undertone.
It's fantastic, probably in my top 20. Great tunes, too. I read that the bassist from Fountains of Wayne wrote the title song. Bit disappointed to find out that they aren't nearly as interesting of a pop group, musically.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's fantastic, probably in my top 20. Great tunes, too. I read that the bassist from Fountains of Wayne wrote the title song. Bit disappointed to find out that they aren't nearly as interesting of a pop group, musically.
Between Fountains of Wayne and Ivy (another side group), you could make a pretty good album, but it means sifting thru a lot of generic power pop along the way.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Of particular interest to Ms. B: https://www.buzzfeed.com/terripous/what ... jsVlrAzdoW
Everything she said was accurate, except for that tax difficulty part because I LOST. And very few people in my audition were dressed nicely. One woman came in flannel pajama bottoms and a cat t-shirt. I didn't get any online creepers, though one guy on Twitter did say I looked like I had heads in my freezer or something. So I replied that I had no room for any heads with all of the other body parts that were in there. I think that made his day. :mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Of particular interest to Ms. B: https://www.buzzfeed.com/terripous/what ... jsVlrAzdoW
Everything she said was accurate, except for that tax difficulty part because I LOST. And very few people in my audition were dressed nicely. One woman came in flannel pajama bottoms and a cat t-shirt. I didn't get any online creepers, though one guy on Twitter did say I looked like I had heads in my freezer or something. So I replied that I had no room for any heads with all of the other body parts that were in there. I think that made his day. :mrgreen:
Ha!

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

TTYD=?
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

TTYD=?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

He's just an asshole. I mean, her story was stupid, but come on.
Got a Rake? Sure!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

JennyB wrote:
I never miss Jeop, but I always FF the interviews. I love that "Pidge" is the champion, I keep saying about the other contestants, They got Pidged!"
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

tepista wrote:
JennyB wrote:
I never miss Jeop, but I always FF the interviews. I love that "Pidge" is the champion, I keep saying about the other contestants, They got Pidged!"
And when I was on, they cut out the only interesting part of my story - when my dad got thrown out of Jack Ruby's strip club!

Pidge rules.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Watching an episode for the first time in forever (since Ms. B done us proud?) and here's my bold suggestion: Daily Doubles should be betting everything or nothing. I wanna see the agony and ecstasy in this shit.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Watching an episode for the first time in forever (since Ms. B done us proud?) and here's my bold suggestion: Daily Doubles should be betting everything or nothing. I wanna see the agony and ecstasy in this shit.
I didn't do anyone proud.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:Watching an episode for the first time in forever (since Ms. B done us proud?) and here's my bold suggestion: Daily Doubles should be betting everything or nothing. I wanna see the agony and ecstasy in this shit.
I didn't do anyone proud.
You nuts? You didn't win but that's hardly the standard. You easily showed that you deserved to be up there.