The Trump observations thread

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The Trump observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

As usual, there's something unnerving and hilarious about this baby man constantly being told that he can't just do what he wants because that's what he wants.
http://uproxx.com/news/trump-talk-micha ... -house-no/
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

a city upon a hill

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
16 May 2017, 8:11pm
a city upon a hill
The ghosts of James Buchanan and Warren Harding are feeling pretty good about moving up a notch.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

It's fascinating how there's no media/political vocabulary for Trump. It was the same with RoFo in Toronto — everyone knows he's full of shit, everyone knows he's a self-obsessed moron who doesn't really seem interested in governing, but no one in journalism or politics knows how to express this.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
17 May 2017, 12:07am
It's fascinating how there's no media/political vocabulary for Trump. It was the same with RoFo in Toronto — everyone knows he's full of shit, everyone knows he's a self-obsessed moron who doesn't really seem interested in governing, but no one in journalism or politics knows how to express this.
Well, there is a language available, but there's a willful disbelief that what Trump represents isn't actually fascist or even banana republic strongman. That somehow the US can't actually descend to that level because they're, you know, a democracy and a beacon to the world, blah blah blah. It's a conceit. James Douglass' book on JFK's assassination describes it as "the unspeakable"—when the evidence points to a conclusion that runs so contrary to one's confidence about reality that that conclusion must be denied. There such an investment in the status quo that the obvious perversion can't be expressed without challenging the status quo.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/1 ... dge-238482

Back in those halcyon days a year ago when the idea of Trump actually winning seemed ludicrous, it was observed by more than a few people that working on his campaign would be a c.v. killer. Turns out that him winning would be just as lethal to the shitrats who took White House jobs. Schadenfreude ha ha ha.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I just saw something where Joe(mentum) Lieberman is being floated out as a possible new FBI director. I know there's much worse but the guy inspires so much malaise.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
17 May 2017, 9:39pm
I just saw something where Joe(mentum) Lieberman is being floated out as a possible new FBI director. I know there's much worse but the guy inspires so much malaise.
To be fair, Lieberman is awful enough to be a Trump pick.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2017, 6:59am
revbob wrote:
To be fair, Lieberman is awful enough to be a Trump pick.
He's a shameless bootlicker, so I guarantee Trump is only entertaining this to watch him grovel for favor like Romney did at Trump Tower during the transition before throwing him under the bus for the lulz. Guarantee. Nobody takes Lieberman seriously anymore except for cable news green room attendants. He's like McCain: actual politicians and power-brokers have been laughing at him, not with him, for a good 9 years now and he's the last person on earth to get the joke.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
He almost ruined Jews for me. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Fox is clearly enjoying events.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 May 2017, 4:38pm
Fox is clearly enjoying events.

So is Salem:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Well, this is why the dingbats are calling it a witch hunt—they don'y know what a witch hunt means.

BostonBeaneater