clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Clash clash clash. ¡VIVAN LOS NORTEAMERICANOS DEL IMCT Y LAS BRIGADAS DEL CADILLAC NUEVO!
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: clash images washed up on the internet's seashore

Post by Marky Dread »

white man wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 10:35am
Great colour pic. Somewhere just behind where that girl in red is hides a young Marky Dread.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 6:55pm
matedog wrote:
14 Apr 2017, 11:32am
New photo book from 79/80 coming out:
https://hangingaroundbooks.com/products/the-clash

Seen some of these but not all:
:cool:
I wound up ordering this. While I recognize it's a very small publisher, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the printing quality. Kinko's-level. Good shots, though.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 12:29pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

I wound up ordering this. While I recognize it's a very small publisher, I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with the printing quality. Kinko's-level. Good shots, though.
Kory are they all B&W prints/photos?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 1:06pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

I'll have to double-check. I only looked at it once, but I believe so.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Kory wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 1:23pm
Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 1:06pm
Kory wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:

I'll have to double-check. I only looked at it once, but I believe so.
Cheers mate.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Chuck Mangione wrote:
26 Sep 2017, 5:31pm
Anyone have the film strip of the 9/20 Palladium bass smash? I wonder if it's gif-able... would be cool...
Could only find these Chuck
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (187.52 KiB) Viewed 9108 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (72.76 KiB) Viewed 9108 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (141.19 KiB) Viewed 9107 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Marky Dread wrote:
11 Oct 2017, 12:22pm
white man wrote:
Great colour pic. Somewhere just behind where that girl in red is hides a young Marky Dread.
Attachments
the-clash-in-concert-photo.jpg
the-clash-in-concert-photo.jpg (1004.54 KiB) Viewed 9104 times

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 10:58am
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
Marky, I didn't know you went to that show. What were your thoughts?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

matedog wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 12:33pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
I was fourteen and although I was tough little fucker I did feel nervous there was a huge amount of people and everyone was getting crushed. I thought it was poorly planned and the sound was crap at least where I was standing it sounded crap. Joe should never had let Pursey on stage to shout out White Riot. It was my first Clash show and I remember loads of us marching up towards Victoria Park behind RAR banners. Years later I learned Billy Bragg was on that march. Although I thought The Clash were great the sound seemed to wash over in waves. I think the sound improved by the time Tom Robinson Band took the stage or maybe my ears just adjusted.

Here's a great site that can say it all better than I can.

http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/victoria-park-1978.html

It mentions an unknown band entertaining the marchers leaving Trafalgar Square but It was Misty In Roots and The Ruts on that flat bed truck. You can clearly see Ruts guitarist Paul Fox (RIP) and drummer Dave Ruffy in the picture. I think Purple Hayes (RIP) mentioned to me he was also at Victoria Park wish I had known him back then. It was a memorable day and some great bands Clash/TRB/X-Ray Spex/Steel Pulse. I don't remember seeing Patrick Fitzgerald who was probably the first act on so maybe I missed him. I also don't recall the all star jam at the end with Tom Robinson/Aswad/Jimmy Pursey so I most likely missed it having to get back to Paddington for the train.

I just recently downloaded the gig from the megalist hoping for something listenable but it sounds terrible which is a real shame. Just have to make do with all fake Rude Boy overdubbed takes.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 1:00pm
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
white man wrote:
I was fourteen and although I was tough little fucker I did feel nervous there was a huge amount of people and everyone was getting crushed. I thought it was poorly planned and the sound was crap at least where I was standing it sounded crap. Joe should never had let Pursey on stage to shout out White Riot. It was my first Clash show and I remember loads of us marching up towards Victoria Park behind RAR banners. Years later I learned Billy Bragg was on that march. Although I thought The Clash were great the sound seemed to wash over in waves. I think the sound improved by the time Tom Robinson Band took the stage or maybe my ears just adjusted.

It mentions an unknown band entertaining the marchers leaving Trafalgar Square but It was Misty In Roots and The Ruts on that flat bed truck. You can clearly see Ruts guitarist Paul Fox (RIP) and drummer Dave Ruffy in the picture. I think Purple Hayes (RIP) mentioned to me he was also at Victoria Park wish I had known him back then. It was a memorable day and some great bands Clash/TRB/X-Ray Spex/Steel Pulse. I don't remember seeing Patrick Fitzgerald who was probably the first act on so maybe I missed him. I also don't recall the all star jam at the end with Tom Robinson/Aswad/Jimmy Pursey so I most likely missed it having to get back to Paddington for the train.

I just recently downloaded the gig from the megalist hoping for something listenable but it sounds terrible which is a real shame. Just have to make do with all fake Rude Boy overdubbed takes.
That ‘sliding doors’ thing with PH is funny and makes you wonder how often those things happen.
PH and I were both on the beach in Swanage at the Radio 1 Roadshow when TRB played.
How many times did we cross paths in Reading. Or how many times did you chase us around the Butts or the battles st Elm Park.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 2:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

That ‘sliding doors’ thing with PH is funny and makes you wonder how often those things happen.
PH and I were both on the beach in Swanage at the Radio 1 Roadshow when TRB played.
How many times did we cross paths in Reading. Or how many times did you chase us around the Butts or the battles st Elm Park.
Yeah I guess we'll never know. I was at swanage in the early 80's and that Road Show was there. I think the DJ was Gary Davis. When I met PH along with Maj for the BAD gig I thought how much PH and I were similar in our attitudes and backgrounds and how we would've been good mates if we'd have met sooner. PH was a real salt of the earth character and I liked him instantly and the same has to said about Murph a real genuine nice geezer.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 2:45pm
101Walterton wrote:
12 Oct 2017, 2:38pm
Marky Dread wrote:
matedog wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Yeah I guess we'll never know. I was at swanage in the early 80's and that Road Show was there. I think the DJ was Gary Davis. When I met PH along with Maj for the BAD gig I thought how much PH and I were similar in our attitudes and backgrounds and how we would've been good mates if we'd have met sooner. PH was a real salt of the earth character and I liked him instantly and the same has to said about Murph a real genuine nice geezer.
The TRB show was Peter Powell.
Also PH and I used to drink in the same pub in Ruislip when I lived there and he was in Hayes.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I miss Rob, a top bloke in person and a great poster.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I miss him too, great sense of humour and story teller.