This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: This Archer show is pretty damn good.

Post by revbob »

One of the neighbors stopped by to see my wife. She saw this mug out of the corner of her eye. Image

She wouldnt say anything but was clearly disturbed by it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Awesome, until the FBI come for a visit.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
12 Sep 2017, 7:48am
Awesome, until the FBI come for a visit.
Yeah its a good thing I live in Vermont and am white.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I think I laughed three times during the new Archer. I think I usually laugh 15 times.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 2:23pm
I think I laughed three times during the new Archer. I think I usually laugh 15 times.
I liked the sassy parrot. There better be some references to Tales of the Gold Monkey this season or I'll be very disappointed.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 2:50pm
tepista wrote:
I liked the sassy parrot. There better be some references to Tales of the Gold Monkey this season or I'll be very disappointed.
now we can agree it's pretty shot, right

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

tepista wrote:
13 Jun 2018, 11:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 2:50pm
tepista wrote:
now we can agree it's pretty shot, right
it got OK like on the last 2 eps

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I like the sound of it. I never got thru Danger Island. I kept falling asleep whenever I would watch it

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I'm glad to find out that no one liked Danger Island.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In anticipation of the new season, I rewatched Archer Vice and the Hollywood detective agency seasons, which were okay at the time (in my memory). But on rewatch they've been fantastic. Krieger, Pam, and Cheryl are all kinds of consistent hilarious.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2019, 6:07pm
In anticipation of the new season, I rewatched Archer Vice and the Hollywood detective agency seasons, which were okay at the time (in my memory). But on rewatch they've been fantastic. Krieger, Pam, and Cheryl are all kinds of consistent hilarious.
I still haven't made it thru Danger Island but I am looking forward to the new season.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2019, 6:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I still haven't made it thru Danger Island but I am looking forward to the new season.
I'm really hoping that Danger Island and the noir season before similarly improve with age. But I know Archer Vice was only so-so for me on first viewing, but was pleasantly surprised.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2019, 6:50pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm really hoping that Danger Island and the noir season before similarly improve with age. But I know Archer Vice was only so-so for me on first viewing, but was pleasantly surprised.
I've been pretty good up to Danger Island. I cant help but feel the perhaps necessary decision to abandon the original storyline with ISIS has had a negative impact on the show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
26 May 2019, 7:39pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
26 May 2019, 6:50pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I've been pretty good up to Danger Island. I cant help but feel the perhaps necessary decision to abandon the original storyline with ISIS has had a negative impact on the show.
I get the impression that the "fantasy seasons" are rooted in a certain boredom with the spy concept. They think (and are right) that the guts of the show is in the characters and their interactions/banter. There was no reason to kill Archer (kinda sorta) at the end of the Hollywood season. They could have kept on with the detective thing and even pivoted back to spying. The problem with Danger Island, I wonder, is that the characters changed too much for the dynamic to keep working.