Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Politics and other such topical creams.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Canadian politics gets innerestin'

Post by Dr. Medulla »

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg (55.67 KiB) Viewed 8553 times
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Finally! Canadian politics become innerestin' again. God bless the Thousand-year Ford Reich. :mrgreen:

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Ford more years.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Inder wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 5:14pm
Kinsella writes/gossips,
There are other men who are about to be exposed. Count on it. The media have been on their trail for many weeks. Once it gets through the editors – once it is okayed by the lawyers – other men will be going down. It is overdue. It is needed.

One of these men is very, very powerful. The stories have been known about him for three years. They are in affidavits, plural.

His name will shock you.

It is up to the victims who swore those affidavits to step forward and tell their story. Not me or those like me. It will take courage – telling truth to the powerful always takes courage – but now, I’d say, is the time.

The country needs to hear their story, and judge.

I do not think the judgement will be in this man’s favour.
The comments suggest JT is the perp + this has been whispered about in the press gallery/among parliamentarians for some time.

Hmmm...
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 5:30pm
The main thing that causes hesitation in me is to wonder why the Conservatives hadn't leaked this earlier. I get why Liberals like Kinsella are being a bit coy, but if it's certain that it's Justin, Conservatives would be spreading the rumours fast and furious.
Looks like this might've been it —

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
09 Jun 2018, 6:25pm
Inder wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 5:14pm
Kinsella writes/gossips,
There are other men who are about to be exposed. Count on it. The media have been on their trail for many weeks. Once it gets through the editors – once it is okayed by the lawyers – other men will be going down. It is overdue. It is needed.

One of these men is very, very powerful. The stories have been known about him for three years. They are in affidavits, plural.

His name will shock you.

It is up to the victims who swore those affidavits to step forward and tell their story. Not me or those like me. It will take courage – telling truth to the powerful always takes courage – but now, I’d say, is the time.

The country needs to hear their story, and judge.

I do not think the judgement will be in this man’s favour.
The comments suggest JT is the perp + this has been whispered about in the press gallery/among parliamentarians for some time.

Hmmm...
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 5:30pm
The main thing that causes hesitation in me is to wonder why the Conservatives hadn't leaked this earlier. I get why Liberals like Kinsella are being a bit coy, but if it's certain that it's Justin, Conservatives would be spreading the rumours fast and furious.
Looks like this might've been it —

Huge questions why the original insinuation went nowhere. While I could easily believe JT would do something like that, the lack of follow-up after Kinsella's teasing suggests there's no evidence other than a claim.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 9:58am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 9:19am
*snort* I have to give some credit to Peterson for sucking in so many people into thinking he's not just peddling old-style fascism. Even my social democrat sister told me that he makes sense in so many ways.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

My Twitter feed knows. (Strange Voyage is a bot-generated maritime story thing)

0ebb6904-9af4-49e0-bd06-06f1c150e6be.jpg
0ebb6904-9af4-49e0-bd06-06f1c150e6be.jpg (56.32 KiB) Viewed 8288 times

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I was amused that Dougie warned the oil companies not to raise gas prices or else he'll take action against them. Um, I thought we elected a free market, pro-business conservative government. Gonna be an idiotic four years.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

The contempt Conservatives have for Toronto is pathological. Unless the Feds step in somehow, Ford is about to unilaterally obliterate half the political representation of the country's largest city.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... elections/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
27 Jul 2018, 9:57am
The contempt Conservatives have for Toronto is pathological. Unless the Feds step in somehow, Ford is about to unilaterally obliterate half the political representation of the country's largest city.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/ ... elections/
He's just finding all those efficiencies that conservatives jerk off to.

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The feds say they might step in to thwart Dougie's anti-Toronto plan. So, provincial govt wants to fuck up municipal govt; federal govt wants to fuck up provincial govt. Rinse and repeat for the next four years.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Canadian libertarian frets over diversity: https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/tory-mp ... -1.4050494

In other news, experts ask, Why are libertarians almost exclusively white males?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Experts, shmexperts. I don't think anyone knows more about street drugs than Doug Ford, thank you very much.
https://globalnews.ca/news/4387312/onta ... ntroversy/